Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Westjet to PVR - seating suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2003, 5:00 pm
CP7
Original Poster

Am flying to PVR from YVR on Westjet. I am hoping it is on their newer -700s. Any advice on seating from those Westjetters out there?
Old Jan 6, 2003, 5:05 pm

Get there early to try for an exit row. Otherwise it's equally narrow in pitch everywhere else.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 5:43 pm
Original Member

Seat 13A is the row behind the exit row, and has no seat in front of it as there is no A seat is row 12. It is by far the best seat in the house! The same cannot be said about 13F mind you, so watchout.

Blukhead in 1 ABC DEF is also quite good - better than the exit row itself.

Enjoy your flight!

WestJet
Way to Go!
Old Jan 6, 2003, 6:13 pm
CRM

Legroom on Westjet is tighter than any other airline I've ever flown -- same as (and often worse than) the charter carriers.

If you're 6' or taller, hope and pray for one of the few seats with extra room! If not, your knees are in for an uncomfortable ride.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 9:28 pm
Original Member

WestJet offers a standard pitch of 31" our B737-700 aircraft. By comparison, Air Canada mainline offers a usual pitch of 32", and many charter airlines offer a pitch of 29"-30".

I fully agree that our B737-200 series aircraft do offer a more condensed environment, however the fleet renewal program is well underway, and we just retired another -200 a week and a half ago.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 11:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
While not a seating suggestion, I'll pass along aheads up I've heard about recently from some other pax just back from PVR. WJ has been known to depart early if all pax on flight manifest have checked in. That means if you check in at either end an hour ahead of the flight time and then wander off to scout the duty free goods, keep in mind that WJ has jumped the schedule departure time by as much as 60 min.

I haven't heard of any pax being left behind yet, but check in plenty early and don't budge from the boarding gate. I've never had this occur with Air Transat, proabaly because TS is always running late and can only dream of leaving early, let alone on time.

[This message has been edited by tcook052 (edited 01-06-2003).]
Old Jan 7, 2003, 5:28 am

Programs: AE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tcook052:
I haven't heard of any pax being left behind yet, but check in plenty early and don't budge from the boarding gate. I've never had this occur with Air Transat, proabaly because TS is always running late and can only dream of leaving early, let alone on time.

[This message has been edited by tcook052 (edited 01-06-2003).]
</font>
Not my experience last year. TS was on schedule leaving both YVR and PVR when I travelled them. Other than the lack of legroom, the flights were fine.
Old Jan 7, 2003, 6:00 am

Programs: several
Fisch:

You have mail!
Old Jan 7, 2003, 11:36 pm
CP7
Original Poster

Thanks all for your comments - much appreciated. Will try for row 1, 13A, or row 12. I am counting on this being a -700! (Can anyone confirm?). Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.