Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Earn double miles on new YVR-BNE route

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

https://www3.aeroplan.com/AC_bonusmi...entLanguage=en

Celebrate our new non-stop route to Brisbane with Double Aeroplan Miles.

Starting this June, Air Canada will be offering direct flights between Vancouver and Brisbane, Australia.

Register, book and fly a round-trip (or 2 one-way segments) on this new non-stop route and earn Double Aeroplan Miles.

In order to be eligible, you need to register and book by April 30, 2016 and travel between June 1 and December 31, 2016.

https://www3.aeroplan.com/static/gfx...BrisbaneEn.pdf
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by tcook052
https://www3.aeroplan.com/AC_bonusmi...entLanguage=en

Celebrate our new non-stop route to Brisbane with Double Aeroplan Miles.

Starting this June, Air Canada will be offering direct flights between Vancouver and Brisbane, Australia.

Register, book and fly a round-trip (or 2 one-way segments) on this new non-stop route and earn Double Aeroplan Miles.

In order to be eligible, you need to register and book by April 30, 2016 and travel between June 1 and December 31, 2016.

https://www3.aeroplan.com/static/gfx...BrisbaneEn.pdf
So Tango fares are back to 100% mile accumulation for a limited time.
I think I will still go with what ever airline is cheapest when I fly to Australia.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Heffeh41
So Tango fares are back to 100% mile accumulation for a limited time.
I think I will still go with what ever airline is cheapest when I fly to Australia.
Why the need to incentivize / discount fares when you have the only n/s flights to both BNE and Australia in the market?

Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by HangTen
Why the need to incentivize / discount fares when you have the only n/s flights to both BNE and Australia in the market?

I'm guessing the advance bookings - since announcing an increase to daily service - aren't what AC hoped for.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:43 pm

That's the very reason they are the only ones in the non-stop Market
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Because from here in Vancouver, everyone I know who flies to Australia goes on the cheapest routing, even if that means one (or two) stops. Friends who did it most recently flew via CAN as that was the cheapest price.

Price is king on this route, particularly if there's more than one person going.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by gglave
Because from here in Vancouver, everyone I know who flies to Australia goes on the cheapest routing, even if that means one (or two) stops. Friends who did it most recently flew via CAN as that was the cheapest price.

Price is king on this route, particularly if there's more than one person going.
I agree, especially when flying in economy.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:43 pm

Great, since price is apparently all that matters we can look forward to Rouge flying Australian routes via HNL or nonstop once they get 787s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.