Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC1971 YHZ-YYC time change?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:47 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
AC1971 YHZ-YYC time change?

I got a schedule change notification overnight from AC. I was supposed to fly AC1971 YHZ-YYC on July 3rd, 18:40 departure. The PDF now shows 8:10 departure. Not 18:10 or 8:10PM, but 8:10. Trying to book a flight for that date on ac.com still shows the original 18:40 departure. EF shows 18:40. AC timetable, which only runs through end of May, shows the flight being at 18:30.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? That is a massive change. If it has changed.

(Manage My Bookings on ac.com is a mess, it shows the flight twice, once with the original times, the second time with the new 8:10 departure but still original 21:20 arrival time. So, way to go AC IT )

This matters because we're just going out there for the weekend. Obviously a departure at 18:40 is vastly different from 8:10 and if they have indeed changed it, I want to change ASAP to fly home through YYZ. But if it hasn't actually changed, I want to stay on the direct and save the several hours a YYZ connection adds.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:46 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
False alarm, apparently. I got another schedule change e-mail PDF showing the time had changed back to the original time. Everything is now back to normal.

Anyone else ever had this happen?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:59 am

wasn't that yhzyyc nonstop an early morning departure a few years ago? then the equipment would turn back immediately for the yycyhzyyt. maybe they were planning according to that, left foot not communicating with the right

at least you didn't change your flights for a yyz cnx in great haste
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by phbl
wasn't that yhzyyc nonstop an early morning departure a few years ago? then the equipment would turn back immediately for the yycyhzyyt. maybe they were planning according to that, left foot not communicating with the right

at least you didn't change your flights for a yyz cnx in great haste
That was the old 184/185 turn (did it myself a few times). 185 would leave YYT around 0600 and hopscotch across the country via YHZ, YYC and if I remember right YVR. Then would turn around and do YYC, YHZ and finally land in YYT around midnight.

But the current YHZ-YYC runs are Rouge.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.