International YQ Wavier

Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
International YQ Wavier

Hey just wondering if an SE use AE to book a ticket for another person. Is YQ Waiver still applying in this case?
Asking for a family member who might be interested in a RTW trip.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 6:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jack Jia
Hey just wondering if an SE use AE to book a ticket for another person. Is YQ Waiver still applying in this case?
Asking for a family member who might be interested in a RTW trip.
Yes.

If a SE books an AC flight through Aeroplan, the YQ is waived.

If any Altitude member books a North American AC flight through Aeroplan, the YQ is waived.

It does not matter who the passenger is.

IKK is another matter.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes.

If a SE books an AC flight through Aeroplan, the YQ is waived.

If any Altitude member books a North American AC flight through Aeroplan, the YQ is waived.

It does not matter who the passenger is.

IKK is another matter.
Thank you! Being the noob I am, could explain how IKK is another matter?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
J IKK can only be booked for yourself, spouse, or dependent children, unless you're on the same flight in J.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:35 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
J IKK can only be booked for yourself, spouse, or dependent children, unless you're on the same flight in J.
For international itineraries only. For domestic, it can be booked for anyone.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

So in a way what IKK does is for example being a E35K I dont see YYZ-YVR direct J award at 25000 points for next friday. But being a SE's immediate family(I am under 24 so I guess I can still be counted as "dependent children" as long as there is 1 J seat unsold I have access to it, even lets say very last minute(AKA The day before the departure)
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: Irrelevant

Omg!! So transparent - you've already posted earlier in another IKK thread indicating you clearly have some idea of what IKK is all about.

Funny how your account was created just a few short weeks ago and unlike other first time time posters you just jumped right in - as if you're already in familiar waters.

It's even more curious that your account was created just around the same time another "evangelist" was suspended - and your posting habits seem to mirror those of the aforementioned account as well - such as being on a daily tear to get your post count up.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.......
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jaysona
Omg!! So transparent - you've already posted earlier in another IKK thread indicating you clearly have some idea of what IKK is all about.

Funny how your account was created just a few short weeks ago and unlike other first time time posters you just jumped right in - as if you're already in familiar waters.

It's even more curious that your account was created just around the same time another "evangelist" was suspended - and your posting habits seem to mirror those of the aforementioned account as well - such as being on a daily tear to get your post count up.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.......
LMAO, this is the first year I made status(And yes... It was gifted it to me - lol prob going to get flamed for this from now on, and there is no shame in that, I actually would have made it to 35K without 25% AQM BS lmao and this year even with pretty much ALL TANGO flying I will probably hit 25K- assuming one flex segment PVG-YYZ though)

Do feel free to follow me on Twitter @_Jia96 and you will probably see a familiar posting habit.(ie: Rapid Fire)

I jump right in because if I am ever interested in something, I would bring a laser focus into it.

"evangelist" not sure what that is, but I am guessing it had something to do with joining super early? LMAO, I am a second year business student and you think I am SAP(Which is who I assume you are referring to)

I have started following this forum since I got HDed on YYZ-YVR on my way visiting UBC(to decide between UTRotman and UBC Sauder nearly two years ago). Decided to finally create my account on the day I got gifted E35K figure its finally time to join the club and see how the other lives.

Do I kinda regret using my real name for username? Yeah.. but too lazy to make another one.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Feb 7, 2016 at 9:23 pm
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:22 pm
alc

.....you think I am SAP(Which is who I assume you are referring to)
Since jaysona mentioned it and and you type it out, I do have to say I have the exact same thought when I read most, if not all, your posts.

Do I kinda regret using my real name for username? Yeah.. but too lazy to make another one.
You can always submit a request to change your FT handle (can't find that link with the info, not sure the requirement) Your old handle will appear below your new one for sometime before eventually get removed. But if you do plan to "hide" your true name, you might as well open a new account since you already type too much, like your twitter account here, for anyone to track down who you are.

Now, back to topic of this thread, IKK J is not for any unsold J seat. IKK Y is "more-less" any unsold Y seat.

From AC Web site:

https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/priority-rewards

In the event that Aeroplan Fixed Mileage Flight Reward seats are completely booked, members have access to unsold seats in Economy Class – and exclusive access to additional seats in Business Class – when redeeming their Aeroplan Miles. Priority Reward reservations will require the same amount of Aeroplan Miles as for a regular Aeroplan Fixed Mileage Flight Reward, and are only available on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada rouge. Note that availability for seats in Business Class may be subject to capacity controls for flights where demand is high.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alc
Since jaysona mentioned it and and you type it out, I do have to say I have the exact same thought when I read most, if not all, your posts.

You can always submit a request to change your FT handle (can't find that link with the info, not sure the requirement) Your old handle will appear below your new one for sometime before eventually get removed. But if you do plan to "hide" your true name, you might as well open a new account since you already type too much, like your twitter account here, for anyone to track down who you are.

Now, back to topic of this thread, IKK J is not for any unsold J seat. IKK Y is "more-less" any unsold Y seat.

From AC Web site:

https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/priority-rewards
Thank you for clear that up regarding IKK Y, but still confused what you meant "not for any unsold J" if the whole point of IKK was to any unsold seat?
If not J does AC have a special category or code it assigns to IKK eligible routes or seats? Based off what the website said I still don't feel there is sufficient clarity to it

I will prob keep my current handle given I also wish to network within this community and having real name as my handle keep me on my toes in term of what to say and what not to say on the internet.

Also cant wait for SAP to return as I do feel we would have a lot of common topics
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:37 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Thank you for clear that up regarding IKK Y, but still confused what you meant "not for any unsold J" if the whole point of IKK was to any unsold seat?
If not J does AC have a special category or code it assigns to IKK eligible routes or seats?
J IKK depends on R space, not revenue fare buckets. So it is definitely not any unsold J seat.

For Y IKK, it's supposedly any unsold seat in Y; however, AC may be willing to oversell flights, so there may still be tickets for sale even though IKK is not available.

I believe this can even lead to some instances where fixed mileage rewards aren't available (even IKK) but market fare are, since market fare rewards come from revenue buckets.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adam.smith
J IKK comes from R space, not from revenue fare buckets.

For Y IKK, it's supposedly any unsold seat in Y; however, AC may be willing to oversell flights, so there may still be tickets for sale even though IKK is not available.

I believe this can even lead to some instances where fixed mileage rewards aren't available (even IKK) but market fare are, since market fare rewards come from revenue buckets.
Okay, not trying to beat a dead horse. So if R=0 on all direct flights, which is what I derive from lets say YVR-YYZ next friday for J (Quick Aeroplan search). Being SE would have no effect to this situation(Well , I guess unless you are willing to pay double by using a priority reward for it)

Also what about PE,I suppose it would be booked in to PE Lowest category through IKK(or if IKK even applies to that cabin)
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:40 pm
alc

If not J does AC have a special category or code it assigns to IKK eligible routes or seats?
IKK used to be any unsold seat in both Y and J, period, no but no if or fine print. But as SE benefits get enhanced over the years, it become what it is now. For IKK in J, some had indicate it is using R space (and R only)

--- edit ---

opps. look like I took too long to type out my respond.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:44 pm
alc

Okay, not trying to beat a dead horse. So if R=0 on all direct flights, which is what I derive from lets say YVR-YYZ next friday(Quick Aeroplan search). Being SE would have no effect to this situation(Well , I guess unless you are willing to pay double by using a priority reward for it)
I only see 1 direct flight available via IKK from my account:

Air Canada AC1178

Departs : Fri. Feb 12 08:30 Vancouver (YVR)

Arrives : Fri. Feb 12 15:55 Toronto Pearson (YYZ)

Flight Duration : 4h 25 min
BUSINESS
Class I
Airbus A320-100/200
Complimentary meal

Total travel time : 4h 25min

--- Added ---

There are currently 6 seats available to book via IKK J on this flight.

Last edited by alc; Feb 7, 2016 at 10:47 pm Reason: added info
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alc
I only see 1 direct flight available via IKK from my account:

Air Canada AC1178

Departs : Fri. Feb 12 08:30 Vancouver (YVR)

Arrives : Fri. Feb 12 15:55 Toronto Pearson (YYZ)

Flight Duration : 4h 25 min
BUSINESS
Class I
Airbus A320-100/200
Complimentary meal

Total travel time : 4h 25min
I see.. Hmm interesting. I do see lots of space available on 787(only half filled at this point) and some other 777s. Is it safe to assume that AC Doesn't want NA IKK being used on flights that are served on widebodies with lie flight J then?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.