Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check in at YYZ for LGA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Check in at YYZ for LGA

Planning on doing a day trip from New York to Toronto and wanted to maximise my time in Toronto. AC suggest checking in 2 hours before flight. Can I squeeze this to 1.5hrs or even closer to the 1hr check in closing time? Will that give me enough time to make my flight? I won't have any baggage.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:34 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Do you have NEXUS/Global Entry? That makes a big difference.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
What day will you be flying? I am assuming that this is the last flight of the day? I frequently take the last flight out on Fridays or Sundays and the waits usually aren't bad. 90 minutes should be fine if you have no bags and have a mobile BP/printed it out at home.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Flying on a British passport, no NEXUS. It will be on a Sunday departing around 7pm
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Things are quiet that time of night - 1 hour will be fine. That's the actual deadline for baggage being checked!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
Keep in mind that you will do USA Customs in YYZ via pre-clearance. Sunday 7pm - 1 hour should be enough but if you have any odd visa or issues with CBP - never know. Also, IIRC CBP closes at 9 sharp. Worse case you just take the next AC flight an hour or so later.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Great.. thanks for the replies! I think 1.5hrs should be sufficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.