Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Reports Record January 2016 Traffic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

https://www.aviation.ca/201602025301...anuary-traffic

MONTREAL, Feb. 3, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - For the month of January, Air Canada reported a system-wide capacity increase of 7.1 per cent
and a record load factor of 80.1 per cent tying last year's record. On this additional capacity, traffic increased 7.1 per cent. Air Canada reports traffic results on a system-wide basis, including regional airlines from which Air Canada purchases capacity and Air Canada rouge®.
"I am pleased to report a record load factor of 80.1 per cent for the month of January," said Calin Rovinescu, President and Chief Executive Officer. "In January, Air Canada generated greater traffic in all markets served led by Atlantic, Pacific, Latin American and Caribbean markets in which we also achieved increases in load factors from the previous year. These strong results underscore the effectiveness of our commercial strategy with its focus on international growth, aggressive expansion of Air Canada rouge in leisure markets, focus on sixth freedom traffic to feed Canadian hubs, Boeing 777 aircraft seat densification, introduction of a Premium Economy product, A++ Joint Venture with Star Alliance partners and regional airline diversification. This strategy along with the transformative changes we have made in recent years provide us with the cost structure, fleet and flexibility to respond not only to competitive market conditions, but also to fluctuations in the Canadian dollar and economic downturns. We have a proven track record of proactively and effectively managing capacity to meet demand and we will continue to adjust capacity to maximize profitability. I would like to thank our customers for choosing Air Canada as their preferred carrier and our employees for taking care of them while transporting them safely to their destination."
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Wow - big jump in capacity, Alberta meltdown and still able to fill the aircraft. Impressive, especially compared with WS.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The Lev
Wow - big jump in capacity, Alberta meltdown and still able to fill the aircraft. Impressive, especially compared with WS.
Trying to get a flight change next week to Caribbean and darn near impossible to re-book, in J ,as flights are full or near capacity
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by acysb87
Trying to get a flight change next week to Caribbean and darn near impossible to re-book, in J ,as flights are full or near capacity
YOU DO KNOW
That next week on friday is when spring break starts for UNI students.... Right?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jack Jia
YOU DO KNOW
That next week on friday is when spring break starts for UNI students.... Right?
Found that out, may have to go early in week.^ Will know tomorrow. Change was entirely my doing as a last minute situation came about requiring me to shuffle flight(s). I had these flights booked in June 2015.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev
I know you can't draw conclusions based on one data point, but:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...pty-cabin.html

Load Factor in Y: approx. 40%; I could easily spread out over one entire row
(BTW, this is probably the best AC 787-8 Y class video I've seen on YouTube thus far, and that seat pitch is shockingly tight!)
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by pitz

(BTW, this is probably the best AC 787-8 Y class video I've seen on YouTube thus far, and that seat pitch is shockingly tight!)
Not to mention the complete trash low prices for YVR-PVG at less than 800.
Tango from YYZ-YVR cost 520- 600 round trips in comparison lmao.

But what's interesting is that they still have four daily flights

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Feb 3, 2016 at 8:50 pm
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:57 pm

Loads, schmoads.

Asia yields are completely in the toilet, but stimulating big loads. Brazil yields are in the tank. Domestic yields are weak. Transborder and Europe yields are no screaming hell. The bright spot is Australia.

It's going to come down to cost structure to figure out who's going to best withstand the current malaise, which is not as isolated as various ace reporters who are airline experts on Tuesday and pipeline experts on Wednesday, would like you to believe.

That may become more apparent in 2 weeks and again on the last Friday of April and July.

Last edited by HangTen; Feb 3, 2016 at 9:07 pm
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:08 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)

It was pretty close to full 18/12
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
It was pretty close to full 18/12
lmao

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Feb 3, 2016 at 9:59 pm
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by HangTen
Loads, schmoads.
I thought maybe you had lost yout Internet connection.
Where have you been, bean.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:27 pm

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by acysb87
I've noticed this nearly across the board for the last few weeks out there. Has something changed? Also, are you going Rouge or regular?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dyzs
I've noticed this nearly across the board for the last few weeks out there. Has something changed? Also, are you going Rouge or regular?
Minor medical issue has me grounded nearly 3 weeks(have cancelled 10 flights on AC, great to have latitude passes^)
Flights are Rouge to Rouge in J although originally the BGI were mainline(switch to Rouge happened early January)
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:44 am

How come AC are happy to operate with that sort of load factor on TATL flights? I'm finding stubbornly high fares for many TATL routes - if they are not filling these flights it seems odd the fares stay high.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:49 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by Foxtbh
How come AC are happy to operate with that sort of load factor on TATL flights? I'm finding stubbornly high fares for many TATL routes - if they are not filling these flights it seems odd the fares stay high.
Because their load factors are 80%. You are extrapolating from a single flight. Remind us how many flights AC has every day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.