Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Um, where the heck is the equipment type on those first four flights???

Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Simon
Due to complaints in late airport swaps AC have enhanced the process of flying on certain routes by only confirming aircraft type once you are on board.

We understand this may lead to people on the same PNR being seated separately, along with kids being left alone, but believe this action will provide an overall improvement for all our passengers in the future.

You can still pay to pick a preferred seat but we wont confirm it until you are on board and, due to some passengers not turning up on planned flights may sell 28 preferred seats when only 20 are available. Those who do not get the seat they paid for, may contact AC and may receive a good will refund.
Simon, traacs and 24left like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Please hire a CX Lead AC, the new design is atrocious
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC*A
CRJ-900! When they renamed the CRAs they forgot to fix the website it seems...
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Orcair
CRJ-900! When they renamed the CRAs they forgot to fix the website it seems...
There is no display of equipment anyone for the new UI, you have to manually expand each flight to just see the damn equipment lol
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
There is no display of equipment anyone for the new UI, you have to manually expand each flight to just see the damn equipment lol
Well and here, I did expand the flight, and it still didn't show the equipment.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Well and here, I did expand the flight, and it still didn't show the equipment.
Eh, maybe the missing aircraft disappeared with the missing seats on the seat map.

On Feb 17, post 1001, I noted that rows were missing from the seat maps. Today is March 27. They are still missing.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Today my "Filter Results" button has disappeared completely, any tips on getting it back?

I'm using Firefox, have tried both regular and private windows, have turned off all ad blockers, have cleared all caches and cookies, and still can't get the darn button to show.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kenlor
Today my "Filter Results" button has disappeared completely, any tips on getting it back?

I'm using Firefox, have tried both regular and private windows, have turned off all ad blockers, have cleared all caches and cookies, and still can't get the darn button to show.
Nope, it's gone, along with many other useful things.

Good news is, the website has now been replaced by lots of white space, smaller font and the requirement to click more things than before just to get the same - or less - information.... but with more white space.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Originally Posted by 24left

Good news is, the website has now been replaced by lots of white space, smaller font and the requirement to click more things than before just to get the same - or less - information.... but with more white space.
Thanks...that's what I figured.
AC's IT has got nothin' over those sock monkeys.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: AC, AA, AS, UA, WN, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by 24left

This is ridiculous. You have to click over and over just to view the flight number and equipment type. While '90% don't know what plane they're on', for frequent travellers and avgeeks, that information being readily available is very important. In addition, for any route, like the Rapidairs, where there's more than 10 flights, you now have to click just to view the ones later in the day. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

PLEASE EVERYONE, send AC feedback, like I did this morning, to go back to the old layout. If this keeps up, I may start flying PD not just to fly to downtown Toronto, but even when heading to the west side of the GTA.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by YoYUL
This is ridiculous. You have to click over and over just to view the flight number and equipment type. While '90% don't know what plane they're on', for frequent travellers and avgeeks, that information being readily available is very important. In addition, for any route, like the Rapidairs, where there's more than 10 flights, you now have to click just to view the ones later in the day. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

PLEASE EVERYONE, send AC feedback, like I did this morning, to go back to the old layout. If this keeps up, I may start flying PD not just to fly to downtown Toronto, but even when heading to the west side of the GTA.
Isn't catering to the 90% as you say, a reasonable strategy for ac.com?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: AC, AA, AS, UA, WN, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Perhaps, but not displaying the full day's worth of flights on a given route is I'd say catering to the 0%.

For the flight number and aircraft types, at least on WS, it's a single click to see it directly below vs. AC's new method of a pop-up box, which have been annoying anywhere since 1996!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
I'd argue that 90% of the users of ac.com comprises a lot less than 90% of their revenue.

Not that AC ever seems to have placed a priority on having a website that allows everyone to buy tickets, pick seats, upgrade flights etc... As evidenced by the 1,000 posts in this thread.
YoYUL likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YoYUL

It doesn't matter that some functional tools have been removed, it doesn't matter that booking or looking for a ticket requires so many extra clicks that waste time, this "new" new site wasn't designed for people who want to need the information that is now hidden behind words in red, like "Details".

Many of us have sent feedback. I've even sent feedback regarding seat maps with missing rows, or the inability to select seats during booking or other crap. And yes, as mentioned by others, why are there no filter buttons.

Nothing has changed.

Originally Posted by jc94
......Not that AC ever seems to have placed a priority on having a website that allows everyone to buy tickets, pick seats, upgrade flights etc... As evidenced by the 1,000 posts in this thread.
Correct. So let me introduce everyone to white space.

Alone, white space can be elegant, perhaps as paint on a wall, or dishes on a table with say a navy blue runner on bamboo.....

But who thought this !?&$%#! design was a good idea?

Was it tested against people who fly once a year?

Was it tested for FFs?

Did someone design it because it made sense to their peer group?

How is this useful?

As noted upthread, you can't see the detail of all available flights. Instead, you have to click EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE.

Oooooh, look at the white space.

YoYUL likes this.

Last edited by 24left; Apr 3, 2018 at 2:10 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.