Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Stranger
That's in China surely.

UC Browser? I had to look for it. Appears to be a creation of these PLA hacker teams/Alibaba. Probably full of trapdoors.

In North America, after Chrome, Safara, TE and firefox all share about 10%.
It literally reads Worldwide usage. Anyways the point remains, Chrome is still by far the most usage, which doesnt make sense why AC would choose to optimize for a browser that is niche at best.
UC browser's usage in China is far above 8%

Data here:http://gs.statcounter.com/browser-ma...hare/all/china
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Strange, because I don't.

Perhaps if you either try in an incognito/private browser, or restarting you might see the new one? And perhaps so would have the agent? (Might depend on some cookies/spy stuff, that gets intialized and is kept for the seesion. (Which I probably blocked).

Doesn't seem to be a temporary thing either since I continue seeing the new one.

Mind you it also might depend upon the platform/OS.

Eh, I could be doing some real work but this is more amusing....

Anyway, did a quick check and opened all 3 browsers in both modes:

Safari is new site
Safari in Private Window is new site

Chrome is new site
Chrome Incognito is old site

Firefox is old site
Firefox Private Window is new site

How's that for consistent?

P.S. and yes, that means the AC agent I spoke with was using the old site and yet, the new one is available on Firefox too.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by 24left
Eh, I could be doing some real work but this is more amusing....

Anyway, did a quick check and opened all 3 browsers in both modes:

Safari is new site
Safari in Private Window is new site

Chrome is new site
Chrome Incognito is old site

Firefox is old site
Firefox Private Window is new site

How's that for consistent?

P.S. and yes, that means the AC agent I spoke with was using the old site and yet, the new one is available on Firefox too.
What, no Lynx?
quantumofforce likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I hope AC can realize that they've made a mistake with these new changes. First of all its incredibly annoying to always been expanding the "flight details" just to see the aircraft and connections involved. As well to have to go into the fare rules to see the fare bucket is ridiculous as well. At least I book most of my flights through ITA powertools or through United to avoid married segments logic.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Anyways the point remains, Chrome is still by far the most usage, which doesnt make sense why AC would choose to optimize for a browser that is niche at best.
But the only one without an agenda and as such probably the most standard.

UC browser's usage in China is far above 8%
That was my point all along.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The way reservation show when you go to "my bookings" was also revised. No longer shows the booking code either. Just "Business class (lowest)."

Some minor progess however. What previously showed as Economy P (case in point, an LH leg) now also shows as "Business class (lowest)."

It would appear that the removal/burying of the booking code was deliberate. Perhaps because of the branded fares mess and manly to avoid confusion? Focusing on the tango/flex/latitue in Y and lowest/flexible business?

BTW, looking at a booking I made on the phone with AC a while ago, and to which I made changes within 24 hours, it appears I have no access to the fare rules. The pdf itinerary I initia;;y received includes nothing specific. Then after the changes, rules no longer show up anywhere "because there has been a change."

Anyway, philosophy seems that they cannot underestimate their customers' stupidity... Which should not play too well on FT.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:21 pm
Suspended

The way reservation show when you go to "my bookings" was also revised. No longer shows the booking code either. Just "Business class (lowest)."

Some minor progess however. What previously showed as Economy P (case in point, an LH leg) now also shows as "Business class (lowest)."

It would appear that the removal/burying of the booking code was deliberate. Perhaps because of the branded fares mess and manly to avoid confusion? Focusing on the tango/flex/latitue in Y and lowest/flexible business?

BTW, looking at a booking I made on the phone with AC a while ago, and to which I made changes within 24 hours, it appears I have no access to the fare rules. The pdf itinerary I initia;;y received includes nothing specific. Then after the changes, rules no longer show up anywhere "because there has been a change."

Anyway, philosophy seems that they cannot underestimate their customers' stupidity... Which should not play too well on FT.
Yes, but are we having fun yet?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, but are we having fun yet?
Sure.

If they think they'll outsmart us, they should think again.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

I still see "Economy Tango" and "Economy (P)" on mine. I think because it's a UA UP fare, so the fare basis code is LAAWUPFS, even though it's P class.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:07 pm

Today, I booked using Chrome on my very powerful i7core computer. I had to restart the process 3 times because I hit a blank page. And after reloading the page, AC's website forced me to start over.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Hmmmm, should I post here or in the complaints thread. Eh, coin toss. LOL

I think the seat map is broken. Row 1 is missing

This is the 77HD with 28 J, or it should be

This is the B789 with 30 J, or it should be
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:50 pm

Nice, so now if there's ever a change to your itinerary, you lose all ability to check your fare class?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
I hope AC can realize that they've made a mistake with these new changes. First of all its incredibly annoying to always been expanding the "flight details" just to see the aircraft and connections involved. As well to have to go into the fare rules to see the fare bucket is ridiculous as well. At least I book most of my flights through ITA powertools or through United to avoid married segments logic.

Ugh. I saw the new site for the first time today. The last couple of weeks I’ve been going in through Safari on my iPad, which was loading the old site. Wow, this new site is extra awful. All the extra clicking needed sucks! It’s almost like they set out to make it harder for people to book flights. There seems to be a new trend amongst airlines to make customers click extra times to get information. The new BA site (the front page anyhow) is like that too—you have to click 2-3 times to enter your cities and dates to get to the flight choices page.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:30 pm
Suspended

What version of the "new" website are we on now?

Also.....emoji with eyes shaped like hearts?

Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
What version of the "new" website are we on now?

Also.....emoji with eyes shaped like hearts?

Its missing a poop emoji option lmao
flyquiet, smallmj and Bryan Tran like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.