Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
So dumb. Apparently my browser (mozilla android) isn't supported and may experience getzkee speeds.
Bolding mine. Are you making fun of Joey Moss??
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
For a new website, it's amazing how many things it doesn't support.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:01 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yvr76
Still have periodic issues logging in with Chrome, where I just get the spinning flight indefinitely. Not sure why they can't just keep you logged in if you click "remember my Aeroplan".

Anyway, clearing cookings for just 'aircanada' resolves the login issues:
chrome://settings/cookies
Originally Posted by canadiancow
As I've said before, I just use incognito whenever I need to use AC. Solves all those problems ]
I had the same problem earlier, and Incognito cured it as well. Amazing that they went to all this effort to build a new site and it still hates the #1 browser on the web. Did they retain whatever bits of the old site were responsible for hating on Chrome? Or is whoever designed it an Apple freak that wants to drive people towards Safari?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I had the same problem earlier, and Incognito cured it as well. Amazing that they went to all this effort to build a new site and it still hates the #1 browser on the web. Did they retain whatever bits of the old site were responsible for hating on Chrome? Or is whoever designed it an Apple freak that wants to drive people towards Safari?
Did you see my status in my profile to the left?<------
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Did you see my status in my profile to the left?<------
LOL , well, maybe not so much for Mr. Peever. Maybe AC hasn't noticed all the tickets you couldn't book.

ALSO

Can someone here make a decision about whether issues with the "We're stuck with this cr@p website" belong in the not-so-new-website thread or in the issues/complaints thread?

I posted this regarding stuff missing from an ac.com pull-down menu, but perhaps it belongs here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27804498-post3122.html
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
It's official, New Website - News Release

Re-designed aircanada.com Website Offers Modern Digital Customer Experience and Enhanced Functionality

MONTREAL, Jan. 23, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada has launched its new, completely re-designed website www.aircanada.com which now offers a simple, intuitive user experience that is fully accessible across all devices and screen sizes, enhanced functionality and an easier-than-ever booking process.

"Thank you to the thousands of customers and Air Canada employees whose feedback drove our redesign efforts," said Lucie Guillemette, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer. "The site's new features include an easier flight shopping experience by eliminating about half of the steps required to make a booking, enhanced accessibility for customers with special needs, and streamlined, simple and easier-to-find information. This also serves as a new foundation for improving Air Canada's digital experience: over the coming year, we'll be rolling-out many new website and mobile app features based on customer requests."

In addition to having the most current, real-time operational information such as flight status and travel updates, aircanada.com also provides a range of online tools where customers can quickly and easily check-in, or access a self-service re-booking tool when bad weather is forecasted to disrupt flights.

Aircanada.com is offered in seven languages: English, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, German, Japanese, and Italian, as well as in 24 countries around the world. Future enhancements including new features and additional languages and editions are being planned to ensure aircanada.com remains a best-in-class digital experience for our customers worldwide.

About Air Canada

Air Canada is Canada's largest domestic and international airline serving more than 200 airports on six continents. Canada's flag carrier is among the 20 largest airlines in the world and in 2016 served approximately 45 million customers. Air Canada provides scheduled passenger service directly to 64 airports in Canada, 54 in the United States and 90 in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America and South America. Air Canada is a founding member of Star Alliance, the world's most comprehensive air transportation network serving 1,330 airports in 192 countries. Air Canada is the only international network carrier in North America to receive a Four-Star ranking according to independent U.K. research firm Skytrax. For more information, please visit: www.aircanada.com, follow @AirCanada on Twitter and join Air Canada on Facebook.

SOURCE Air Canada

http://aircanada.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=1099
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by DNAwizard
Re-designed aircanada.com Website Offers Modern Digital Customer Experience and Enhanced Functionality

MONTREAL, Jan. 23, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada has launched its new, completely re-designed website www.aircanada.com which now offers a simple, intuitive user experience that is fully accessible across all devices and screen sizes, enhanced functionality and an easier-than-ever booking process.

See Adam Smith, New :P
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
"Thank you to the thousands of customers and Air Canada employees whose feedback drove our redesign efforts," said Lucie Guillemette, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer. "The site's new features include an easier flight shopping experience by eliminating about half of the steps required to make a booking, enhanced accessibility for customers with special needs, and streamlined, simple and easier-to-find information. This also serves as a new foundation for improving Air Canada's digital experience: over the coming year, we'll be rolling-out many new website and mobile app features based on customer requests."
What could possibly go wrong?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ffsim
The "NEW" parts.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:58 am

The question should be "What could possibly go right?"

Based on the recent experience with this 1 "new" AC website, "in the coming year" (only 1 year) is clearly not sufficient or realistic to launch several new functional websites. That sentence (over the coming year, we'll be rolling-out many new website and mobile app features) is scary
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
The question should be "What could possibly go right?"

Based on the recent experience with this 1 "new" AC website, "in the coming year" (only 1 year) is clearly not sufficient or realistic to launch several new functional websites. That sentence (over the coming year, we'll be rolling-out many new website and mobile app features) is scary
In fairness, they're not promising to "launch several new functional websites," only to add many new features to their website and mobile apps.

Considering some basic features like print and seat selection on AC flights still don't work on this "new" website, I wholeheartedly agree with your "scary" assessment.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:09 am

In fairness, they're not promising to "launch several new functional websites," only to add many new features to their website and mobile apps.

Considering some basic features like print and seat selection on AC flights still don't work on this "new" website, I wholeheartedly agree with your "scary" assessment.
You are right.
Out of fear, I overinterpreted what is actually said.
No new website please
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
I have not been able to make ANY new bookings on the 'NEW' AC website, so I clog up the SE phone line. How is this helping AC?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
As I've said before, I just use incognito whenever I need to use AC. Solves all those problems

On another matter, the new site's customer relations form does not support Chrome autofill.

I am not typing my email, email, name, address, and phone number manually.
I just filled in 4 refund forms (different form) and 2 customer care forms... house cleaning 2016...

Wanted to send in commendations for 2 flights too, but nah... too much effort after chasing down $5k in refunds. Autofill would have changed my mind.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: AC S100K

...alternate facts...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.