Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: AC SE100K, many years
Maybe it's just me but I don't care about pretty pictures negative space and new fonts. I want to be able to go to the site, book and get out as quickly and painlessly as possible. There is no expectation that the website be a work of art, you aren't le Musee des Beaux Arts.

So from that perspective this is a huge FAIL. Especially the reservation process that is now polluted with so much unnecessary stuff on the screen my head is spinning as I try to find out what to do to check out. The new site on my 4k monitor actually shows less information than the old site on my 1080p monitor. That makes no sense.

Not looking forward to when the old site is gone.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:46 pm

Yeah...very uninspiring...wonder why they even bothered.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:56 pm

Just tried to do online check-in,as I normally do, via the AC website...no luck...error message, then tried to do it on the new beta site....after searching for the online check-in button for 4-5 minutes I finally found it...it also wasn't working...error message. Another huge fail by AC i/t posse!!!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 7:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by Genetk44
Just tried to do online check-in,as I normally do, via the AC website...no luck...error message, then tried to do it on the new beta site....after searching for the online check-in button for 4-5 minutes I finally found it...it also wasn't working...error message. Another huge fail by AC i/t posse!!!
Are you saying the fail is that it took you 4-5 minutes to find the check-in button on the new site? or that you weren't able to check in on either site?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
Are you saying the fail is that it took you 4-5 minutes to find the check-in button on the new site? or that you weren't able to check in on either site?
Both...couldn't check in at either site...kept coming up as an error message. Actually finding the online check-in button on the new beta site was a fail also...its sort of hidden away,not obvious or were you would expect to find it.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:15 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Both...couldn't check in at either site...kept coming up as an error message. Actually finding the online check-in button on the new beta site was a fail also...its sort of hidden away,not obvious or were you would expect to find it.
Really? That's your biggest complaint? How about the fact I can't book a ticket? Yup a business that is in the industry of selling seats won't let me buy a seat on the new website. Now well over 6 figures gone to other airlines.

At this point, if they want to keep the same website, it would be financially beneficial to them to add someone to their payroll who's only job it is to take my calls to book my flights for things that don't work on their website (credit YOWGary)
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I simply have cleared all my cookies one time and bookmarked the old site. Still works like a charm.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:03 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Yeah...very uninspiring...wonder why they even bothered.
Looks like MS and IBM GS consulting $$$ have their paws all over this steaming pile. Have to keep the contractor budgets constant you now.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Really? That's your biggest complaint? How about the fact I can't book a ticket? Yup a business that is in the industry of selling seats won't let me buy a seat on the new website. Now well over 6 figures gone to other airlines.

At this point, if they want to keep the same website, it would be financially beneficial to them to add someone to their payroll who's only job it is to take my calls to book my flights for things that don't work on their website (credit YOWGary)
My complaint is that the whole online system has been in the toilet for days and weeks...I had the same inability as you to book tickets the day before yesterday, on Thursday. It tooks multiple attempts on both the websites and the mobile app before I was successful...almost two hours.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I simply have cleared all my cookies one time and bookmarked the old site. Still works like a charm.
Yesterday the old site, which I have no problem accessing seemed to be ok except for the non-functioning online checkin.....the day before it wouldn't let me complete and buy a ticket.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
My complaint is that the whole online system has been in the toilet for days and weeks...I had the same inability as you to book tickets the day before yesterday, on Thursday. It tooks multiple attempts on both the websites and the mobile app before I was successful...almost two hours.
I would not be as patient as you. Last time when I couldn't book my ticket within 15 minutes, I then went to United.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
The sunny side of the street of my personality marvels at the accuracy, common sense and even prescience of the comments. There is hope for humanity with some of you people are walking around.

The realistic negative part of my personality is aghast at the sheer stupidity of AC management. Perhaps they truly believe that big fonts, big pictures and colour will detract from the atrocious customer experience. Don't these people understand the concept of consumer testing? So many aspects deficient, and they have been explained in detail on the thread. The one item that I find most irksome is that one does not have the fare shown as easily under the new design as it was with the previous design, with one forced to click through.

I just don't understand why AC is unable to provide a proper customer portal experience. the discouraging aspect is that no one, and I mean no one at AC seems to care. All they do at the investor calls is offer BS about alleged improvements. I have the impression that none of these institutional investors even fly on AC or have attempted a transaction at AC's website.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
At least one when can't buy a ticket one can go elsewhere. When you have a ticket with AC (through luck or CWT or whatever means) and can't check in ... that's more of an issue in my book.

Well it is for me. For AC you think they'd care more about the lack of money but nooooo, that would make sense.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:50 pm

Programs: air canada SE100k, Alaska MVP 75
Have had so many issues withe the website recently. Cannot check in on any of my three devices. Nor can I book flight pass bookings, or regular bookings.
Not only me, but widespread through my office...
SE phone line must be getting crushed with such issues, which should be dealt with elsewhere.

I could not find the thread RE tech issues, but please post it there if it still exists.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:11 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
So.... You thought it looked bad with the airplane?

Witness the new monstrosity cover picture.

What is UX? Never gonna give you up...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.