Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
I can still scroll down and choose from the yellow bar "Return to the current site" or "[+]Feedback"

LUCKY YOU. SOME OF US NO LONGER HAVE THAT OPTION

Originally Posted by quantumofforce
I can still scroll down and choose from the yellow bar "Return to the current site" or "[+]Feedback"

At least the feedback link went to a valid page
Hmmmm.....Feedback.....Valid page.....Let me think about that for a sec....

Attached Images  
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
First encounter with the beta.
So much suckage.
On the last set of tickets, I could take no more and clicked the yellow panic bar.
Simple thing like add to calendar doesn't work because the "close" button pops right over all the calendar choices on my browser.
Navigation is not intuitive for booking multiple tickets.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
In the media biz, when one talks about the "above the fold" part of the front page of a newspaper (dead tree or bright screen versions), there is a benefit to having something useful as the first thing customers see.

In looking at these image alone, I got the sense that they were designed by people who do not understand how information should be conveyed, how it is interpreted by the end-user, how users navigate an airline site, or the multiple types of devices and browsers that are used to access Air Canada.

Further, despite the fact that it still fails at many things, the option to use the previous version of the site has been removed. The yellow banner I saw on my Chrome version the other night is now gone.

To me, that say more about the company than their repeated efforts to build and overlay saddled with bloatware (to quote a colleague).

All this wasted space. No "draw" to give anyone a reason to look "below the fold".

Reminded me of the comparison to another "product" a previous poster had made.

(I wil admit that GHPT, Fin 802 is a pretty bird though)

Attached Images    
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
LUCKY YOU. SOME OF US NO LONGER HAVE THAT OPTION

Hmmmm.....Feedback.....Valid page.....Let me think about that for a sec....

I was testing it on my Android device.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by 24left
In the media biz, when one talks about the "above the fold" part of the front page of a newspaper (dead tree or bright screen versions), there is a benefit to having something useful as the first thing customers see.

In looking at these image alone, I got the sense that they were designed by people who do not understand how information should be conveyed, how it is interpreted by the end-user, how users navigate an airline site, or the multiple types of devices and browsers that are used to access Air Canada.

Further, despite the fact that it still fails at many things, the option to use the previous version of the site has been removed. The yellow banner I saw on my Chrome version the other night is now gone.

To me, that say more about the company than their repeated efforts to build and overlay saddled with bloatware (to quote a colleague).

All this wasted space. No "draw" to give anyone a reason to look "below the fold".

Reminded me of the comparison to another "product" a previous poster had made.

(I wil admit that GHPT, Fin 802 is a pretty bird though)

Please don't insult a fine product like LEGO (or the many, many knockoffs) by placing it in the vicinity of the beta AC page.

P.S. they're Duplo blocks as I've been told but those also are products made by LEGO...

Last edited by Marlin240; Aug 23, 2016 at 10:00 pm Reason: Correction on ID of pic posted previously
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:17 am
Suspended

Programs: SE100K - Air Canada, WestJet Gold
This new website really gets on my nerves. How do I get back to the old one please?

One upside is the ACO website to choose seats for bookings made on Concur is now a hotlink on the manage your bookings page....but that's about the only positive change.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: AC Altitude 35K, AA, Marriott Silver Elite, NEXUS
tried to do a simple booking YYZ-FLL 3 times..on the payment page there is nowhere to input credit card info and it kicks me out saying there is an error. The error is the entire AC IT dept ....do any AC shareholders really hold this Board accountable? amazing...
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by cruzcap
tried to do a simple booking YYZ-FLL 3 times..on the payment page there is nowhere to input credit card info and it kicks me out saying there is an error. The error is the entire AC IT dept ....do any AC shareholders really hold this Board accountable? amazing...
One wierd trick to booking AC flights online, use the incognito mode of your browser! I know from experience trying to book tickets

I agree it's awful, and I agree I would be furious as a shareholder.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
FWIW, I can still get the old Air Canada website by using Incognito Mode in Chrome.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: AC Altitude 35K, AA, Marriott Silver Elite, NEXUS
I just went in using IE broswer and it brought up the old site which works....i wonder if anyone from AC reads how their best clients feel about them? probably not...
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cruzcap
I just went in using IE broswer and it brought up the old site which works....i wonder if anyone from AC reads how their best clients feel about them? probably not...
May guess is, yes they do read us. However different people/teams read us, with different goals and with different conclusions.

Some want to force us to the new BS. Some want our continued business. And who wins depends upon the time of the day/who spoke last to the boss.

Draw your own conclusions efore buying stock...
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Received the following email
"Save on flights to Lyon and within Canada, plus great fares to Japan!"
Air Canada links from this email go here now
https://beta.aircanada.com/en/offers...nada.com|NoBar

Last edited by traacs; Aug 24, 2016 at 3:35 pm
Old Aug 24, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by traacs
Received the following email
"Save on flights to Lyon and within Canada, plus great fares to Japan!"
Air Canada links from this email go here now
https://beta.aircanada.com/en/offers...nada.com|NoBar
Why are they even calling it a beta? If they are directing public traffic there by default it is no longer beta. It is prod. Of course they should call it alpha.

Dear AC: you keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 5:14 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I'm getting the new site in Chrome, Chrome with incognito mode and in IE, with no way to get out of it in any of them... AC, this thing is still slow, buggy and terrible. You do realise that you need people to make bookings on your website to stay in business, don't you?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 5:18 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
old AC res site still up on my macbook pro, with no re-direct...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.