Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by yyznomad
This will be deducted from someone's salary at AC.
/S
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:58 pm
Original Member

Well there's your problem.

That's too small an amount for senior execs to notice.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Nah. Someone will either get a raise, a promotion (or both). After hiring a management consultant to provide a report on Microsoft PowerPoint.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:50 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by kwflyer
Nah. Someone will either get a raise, a promotion (or both). After hiring a management consultant to provide a report on Microsoft PowerPoint.
The scam boys are on it.

Yummy billable hours

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Aug 21, 2016 at 7:57 pm
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
.....On a more positive note, they brought back the "Return to Current Site" link at the bottom! It was always there when your user-agent was android chrome, but now it's back at least for Windows Chrome.

Originally Posted by 24left
And it's a really nice, bright yellow banner at the bottom of the page (Chrome/Mac)

Thanks ^

At least for those who ARE interested, at the bottom of the old site is an "invitation"......"Introducing the all-NEW aircanada.com...Visit our new site now"

NEWS UPDATE: AC must have read this thread and decided that allowing users to select the "old site" was not how they want us to behave, so the option is now gone and I'll bet someone over at HQ is smiling. Or similar.

Nothing like punishing the customer by not allowing them a choice of how they want to spend money with you, or if. (See posts from those who purchased tickets on other airlines as a result)

I would post that I found a work-around, but then someone at AC would spend time trying to figure out what it was and shut that down too.

BTW, my view is NOT about my refusal to use the new site, it is about how AC chose to launch TWICE and not really TEST IT properly, or even give users the option other airlines and hotels did - try it and give us your feedback.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
I noticed if you open a new tab and browse in it, the old tab will time out and your new tab now says you're not logged in, which is of course a pain when in the middle of booking a flight.
The old web site has huge problems with how it does (or doesn't) keep you logged in when using Safari. Their inability to handle something as basic as this is so bad it is comedic. Comedic alternating with wanting to punch your screen. But if you don't explicitly log out after being logged on, then you close the browser, open the browser an hour later, and go through a process up to the point it requires a logged in user to complete, it fails. But it fails to an error page, then will boot you back to the home page, then won't complete anything until you go hit the "log out" button. Even though you aren't logged in. As I said. Hilariously stupid.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
And another thing, when I am logged in, AC, you know that I am SE. So why do I have to re-enter that information when I am searching for upgradeable fares?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ridefar
The old web site has huge problems with how it does (or doesn't) keep you logged in when using Safari. Their inability to handle something as basic as this is so bad it is comedic. Comedic alternating with wanting to punch your screen. But if you don't explicitly log out after being logged on, then you close the browser, open the browser an hour later, and go through a process up to the point it requires a logged in user to complete, it fails. But it fails to an error page, then will boot you back to the home page, then won't complete anything until you go hit the "log out" button. Even though you aren't logged in. As I said. Hilariously stupid.
You sure the new one differs in that respect? (BTW I don't think it's only with Safari.)

And another thing, when I am logged in, AC, you know that I am SE. So why do I have to re-enter that information when I am searching for upgradeable fares?
Aren't you asking too much?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Cookie
/n

In the world of airline websites, aircanada.com ranks among the worst (not that it was awesome before the beta launch).

Unable to do anything on the website with Google Chrome now.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
BTW, my view is NOT about my refusal to use the new site, it is about how AC chose to launch TWICE and not really TEST IT properly, or even give users the option other airlines and hotels did - try it and give us your feedback.
I had mixed success, Firefox never provided options to go back even when someone posted that it was fixed. I had hit and miss with Chrome, it's certainly not available as a direct link now.
Latest error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined

NEWS UPDATE: AC must have read this thread and decided that allowing users to select the "old site" was not how they want us to behave, so the option is now gone and I'll bet someone over at HQ is smiling. Or similar.
Well they did give us the option to try it.
But unless I missed it, there was no feedback request.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:48 pm
Suspended

........BTW, my view is NOT about my refusal to use the new site, it is about how AC chose to launch TWICE and not really TEST IT properly, or even give users the option other airlines and hotels did - try it and give us your feedback.
Originally Posted by jc94

I have previously mentioned SQ's approach. On their main page, they had the OPTION to try their new Beta site and provide feedback. That message was there for a couple of months.

I would ask why Air Canada just couldn't manage something like that...but I'm pretty sure I'd never get an answer.

........Nothing like punishing the customer by not allowing them a choice of how they want to spend money with you, or if........
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:46 pm

So here's me trying to take a look at the student flight pass program from the homepage

1. Click On Picture
2. Click on Button to Purchase

- Blank Page

https://fp.aircanada.com/wallet/serv...opping/STUDENT

Can you guys tell me if you can open it or nah?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
So here's me trying to take a look at the student flight pass program from the homepage

1. Click On Picture
2. Click on Button to Purchase

- Blank Page

https://fp.aircanada.com/wallet/serv...opping/STUDENT

Can you guys tell me if you can open it or nah?

Very nice looking, no?

Attached Images  
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:57 pm

Very nice looking, no?

Ugh whatever, it's not like AC want my measly monopoly money for pathetic tango fares anyways.
maybe the loyalists can step in and say its our computer's fault. :P
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
I had mixed success, Firefox never provided options to go back even when someone posted that it was fixed. I had hit and miss with Chrome, it's certainly not available as a direct link now.
Latest error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined

I can still scroll down and choose from the yellow bar "Return to the current site" or "[+]Feedback"

At least the feedback link went to a valid page

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.