Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2016, 11:45 pm
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
So ummmmmmmmmmm what ever happened to this new website?
It's still there... waiting, lurking...
Old Feb 22, 2016, 12:47 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Absolute
Well, after the manger who said "Testing? Nah, just put it live" was fired, it'll take a bit before they find someone who actually wants the responsibility.

I can see it now, with the next in line: "I don't care, I am NOT taking the promotion; you're just setting me up to accept responsibility for the system frelling up an hour after you change my title! Give it to the intern, we can fire him next month."
Maybe AC should hire Chet Wallaby...
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: Irrelevant
Re-launch coming soon?

It looks like AC is getting ready to re-launch the new website design, I got this browser notice earlier today.

Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jaysona
It looks like AC is getting ready to re-launch the new website design, I got this browser notice earlier today.

Which browser are you using?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by Stranger
Which browser are you using?
Firefox 39 with a modified user agent running in a VM.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by jaysona
Firefox 39 with a modified user agent running in a VM.
I think if it happens this weekend we will all be busy debugging the system for Air Canada........or see the stock drop on Monday because we are unable to book on line.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by traacs
I think if it happens this weekend we will all be busy debugging the system for Air Canada........or see the stock drop on Monday because we are unable to book on line.
The real question is, is it just the web site that returns to the new version? Or is it that they are switching to the new merged system.

If the latter, we may indeed be in for a rough ride.
Old May 6, 2016, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
And it looks launched! Almost the same aesthetic as the first attempt.
Attached Images  
Old May 6, 2016, 8:40 am
Original Poster

And I'll note that I can't find a way to "Update frequent flyer number" as was possible before in the "Manage Booking" page. I wonder if a new OLCI will lack this ability too...

Edit: Added screenshot after paintbrushing a bit...
Attached Images  

Last edited by DrunkCargo; May 6, 2016 at 8:50 am
Old May 6, 2016, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I still get the old landing page.
Old May 6, 2016, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I still get the old landing page.
If I open a totally clean browser, it (www.aircanada.com) lands on the classic page after asking language/country... so perhaps it's some redirect thing going on... As soon as I hit beta.aircanada.com once, I get stuck in beta with no "user-friendly" method of returning to classic.

Still, I'm glad I'm looking at the new "features" or "limitations" of the new site. For instance, no clear way to change the ff number attached to PNR.

Edit: Actually, at the bottom of most pages, I now get this... which appears to undo the redirect to beta.aircanada.com
Attached Images  

Last edited by DrunkCargo; May 6, 2016 at 8:59 am
Old May 6, 2016, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
And I'll note that I can't find a way to "Update frequent flyer number" as was possible before in the "Manage Booking" page. I wonder if a new OLCI will lack this ability too...

Edit: Added screenshot after paintbrushing a bit...
And, ugh, I found where to change the FF number in the beta...

"Update travel preferences" appears to do this. OK, I'm going to get some sleep now. Been up 48 hours straight.
Old May 6, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Seems booking links from Google flights are now not working with the new website.
Old May 8, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Ended up on the new beta site. My name and aeroplan across the top . I had a middle initial? Where did that come from Do not have a middle name. No way to change it either of course. It also must have been designed for the hard to see person as font is so large and i found I was doing a lot of scrolling
Old May 10, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: E50K
New Website and TripIt

I booked some flights last night. After a couple of failed attempts to connect after inputting flight information, the new AC website format popped up. I went through the booking process again and successfully booked some flights. When the confirmation email (looked a little different than usual) came I sent it on to TripIt only to have it bounced since it was unreadable by Tripit. Typically AC emails are readable by Tripit and the trip itinerary generates immediately. Anyone else have this problem?

Logged in this morning and the website was back to the old format. I sent a copy of my itinerary from My Bookings by email to myself and it appeared in the usual AC format. I forwarded that on to Tripit and it was fine.

I recall reading on here the issues with the new AC website. Was surprised to see it last night and then back to the old one today. Looks like the issues are not yet resolved, although I was happy to see my reservations worked. I don't ask much of AC IT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.