New Air Canada Website!

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 7, 18, 1:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jaysona
Wiki Link
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 7, 16, 7:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Interesting re 153 considering it has been HD J config.... So perhaps what you saw is a screwed up rendering of a J Dream Cabin.

Aw see there Nomad, I was trying to be diplomatic by using the words
"the artist's rendering of blue vs white space" for the image of that seat map

Your "review" of the artwork, calling it "screwed up", well that's so ......
Old Feb 7, 16, 11:51 pm
Original Member

Don't know if this has been covered yet or not, and not about to hunt to find out.

Also not sure if new website, old website, or what.

Old Feb 8, 16, 12:23 am

Programs: sqrt(-school of apologist)
On front page, I am seeing a lot of Budweiser ads.
Old Feb 8, 16, 12:50 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer View Post
On front page, I am seeing a lot of Budweiser ads.
ublock origin
Old Feb 8, 16, 1:54 am

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM

Originally Posted by KenHamer View Post
Don't know if this has been covered yet or not, and not about to hunt to find out.

Also not sure if new website, old website, or what.

Yes and when you update or try to update the info it asks for a zip code but no place for entering it
Old Feb 8, 16, 8:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by traacs View Post
Yes and when you update or try to update the info it asks for a zip code but no place for entering it

Grassy Knoll Alert: It's trying to prevent Canadian residents from switching to non-Canadian addresses. LOL
Old Feb 8, 16, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
Grassy Knoll Alert: It's trying to prevent Canadian residents from switching to non-Canadian addresses. LOL
Quite often when I register for conferences in the US, they force registrants to enter address including Country, but then force State (no choice of "Other") and Zip Code for any country selected (because all Countries have the same states as the US and also abide by the exact area code format).

But I digress...
Old Feb 8, 16, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC*E
^

Quite often when I register for conferences in the US, they force registrants to enter address including Country, but then force State (no choice of "Other") and Zip Code for any country selected (because all Countries have the same states as the US and also abide by the exact area code format).

But I digress...
Old Feb 8, 16, 1:46 pm
Suspended

But I digress...

I should have also written "Sarcasm Alert"
Old Feb 8, 16, 9:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Printed out tickets for several upcoming flights today. Despite requesting detailed itinerary/receipt that includes pricing, which was not on the printed ticket. Not sufficient for bookkeeping or tracking AQD. Same issue a few days ago.

Got one page with locator, day/time of flight, and seats. Nothing else. When I called last week was informed I could only get a full receipt after the itinerary is completed and if request via the website. Certainly not my experience in the past.

Is this what others are getting? Related to new website?
Old Feb 8, 16, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bartolo View Post
Printed out tickets for several upcoming flights today. Despite requesting detailed itinerary/receipt that includes pricing, which was not on the printed ticket. Not sufficient for bookkeeping or tracking AQD. Same issue a few days ago.

Got one page with locator, day/time of flight, and seats. Nothing else. When I called last week was informed I could only get a full receipt after the itinerary is completed and if request via the website. Certainly not my experience in the past.

Is this what others are getting? Related to new website?

Slight tangent to your question, but....
Long before AQD came into my life, I always did a screen shot/ PDF each page of a booking. The visual display makes it easier for me to look up the details. I must also track the cost breakout for billing purposes and I've found that the Summary page (Review Itinerary) is best for what I need. I use the ticket as back-up.

BTW, I started doing this because there was an annoying difference in format between the way e-tickets are generated off a booking from AC.com and the format I receive when done by an AC agent - which I never liked.

Last edited by 24left; Feb 8, 16 at 9:43 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 8, 16, 11:12 pm
Suspended

I could totally fix the website, but the self-righteous Captain Janeway tension is making it difficult to think.

We need Q to fix the website.

Or T-Pol. Only coz she is the hottest Vulcan ever to exist.
Q only briefly fixed things after he messed with the universe and got banished from the Continuum. He's my idol.

Mr. Peever already offered more than once to fix the AC website. I might be snarked at, but a number of you insanely talented FTers could fix/ wipe/ redo/ reinvent AC IT with your eyes closed.

Last edited by 24left; Feb 8, 16 at 11:15 pm Reason: It's past my bedtime and I can't spell
Old Feb 8, 16, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
Q only briefly fixed things after he messed with the universe and got banished for the Continuum. He's my idol.

Mr. Peever already offered more than once to fix the AC website. I might be snarked at, but a number of you insanely talented FTers could fix/ wipe/ redo/ reinvent AC IT with your eyes closed.
Agreed 1,000,000 Million Miles with Air CAnada.
Old Feb 21, 16, 7:44 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
So ummmmmmmmmmm what ever happened to this new website?
Old Feb 21, 16, 9:22 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Sean Peever View Post
So ummmmmmmmmmm what ever happened to this new website?
Well, after the manger who said "Testing? Nah, just put it live" was fired, it'll take a bit before they find someone who actually wants the responsibility.

I can see it now, with the next in line: "I don't care, I am NOT taking the promotion; you're just setting me up to accept responsibility for the system frelling up an hour after you change my title! Give it to the intern, we can fire him next month."

Search this Thread
Search Engine: