New Air Canada Website!

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 7, 18, 1:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jaysona
Wiki Link
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 5, 16, 3:53 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Lebowski Little Urban Achiever
Although I was tempted to start a new thread, I'll post this here. The seat selection seems to be broken on some AC flights. I am booked in Business Class on AC 15 and AC 16 end of February, and the 77L seat map is messed up. Row 11 doesn't even show up, and 7K does't exist, but you can book it as a seat. Very messed up, I had to call in and have them do it manually.
Old Feb 5, 16, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by LockheedElectra View Post
Although I was tempted to start a new thread, I'll post this here. The seat selection seems to be broken on some AC flights. I am booked in Business Class on AC 15 and AC 16 end of February, and the 77L seat map is messed up. Row 11 doesn't even show up, and 7K does't exist, but you can book it as a seat. Very messed up, I had to call in and have them do it manually.
Most (all?) 777 flights have been showing that way for a few months IME, due to the new J configuration not having a 11th row. Not sure about the 7K issue...
Old Feb 5, 16, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I've noticed this too for 777s... even on EF they are a bit messed up...

They do not reflect the XM or the DreamCabin J configs. It's like some sort of fartmerge of both.
Old Feb 5, 16, 6:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Nothing to do with the new website, really belongs in the classic IT issues thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ssues-140.html).
Old Feb 6, 16, 8:20 am

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Lebowski Little Urban Achiever
Originally Posted by adam.smith View Post
Nothing to do with the new website, really belongs in the classic IT issues thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ssues-140.html).
OK, I had assumed it did, as the new seat maps are much larger than they used to be when they worked (and they did work as I have done this flight so many times). The format looks like it belonged in the new site unti they took it down. Wasn't aware this was ongoing for a while, my last 015 flight was about 4 or 5 months ago.
Old Feb 6, 16, 8:51 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
OK, I had assumed it did, as the new seat maps are much larger than they used to be when they worked (and they did work as I have done this flight so many times). The format looks like it belonged in the new site unti they took it down. Wasn't aware this was ongoing for a while, my last 015 flight was about 4 or 5 months ago.

I noticed the same thing looking out at flights later Feb into March. On one AC 15 seat map, it showed row 7 all by itself in what might have been the mini-J

I assumed the weird seat maps also have to do with the expectation that some of these fins would be coming back with the new cabins, which have less J plus PE.

I checked a few different dates and I would guess that if AC thought the equipment would be ready for deployment on those dates, the related seat maps were loaded. Otherwise, it's a mystery.

EDIT. Saw these too, but they are 77W, AC 153 and then AC 7
Attached Images   

Last edited by 24left; Feb 6, 16 at 8:56 am
Old Feb 6, 16, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left View Post
I noticed the same thing looking out at flights later Feb into March. On one AC 15 seat map, it showed row 7 all by itself in what might have been the mini-J

I assumed the weird seat maps also have to do with the expectation that some of these fins would be coming back with the new cabins, which have less J plus PE.

I checked a few different dates and I would guess that if AC thought the equipment would be ready for deployment on those dates, the related seat maps were loaded. Otherwise, it's a mystery.

Number of seats matches the new configurations. They probably have not yet updated the seat map pictures. But instead using a quick hack.

I missed this earlier when I booked, but it appears at least some of the YVR-PEK flights in March (29 and 30) show the configuration on the left. so no point in picking row 6...
Old Feb 6, 16, 11:03 am

Programs: *G
When I was trying to upgrade on AC 15 late last year, two seats in row 7 were missing from the seat map, which I assumed was to allow for the possibility of a newly configured aircraft (40 vs 42). All of row 7 existed when we flew. It looks like that allowance is now causing different issues with seat maps.
Old Feb 6, 16, 12:43 pm

Programs: Altitude 50K
Originally Posted by fin 645 View Post
When I was trying to upgrade on AC 15 late last year, two seats in row 7 were missing from the seat map, which I assumed was to allow for the possibility of a newly configured aircraft (40 vs 42). All of row 7 existed when we flew. It looks like that allowance is now causing different issues with seat maps.
2 seats for crew rest.
Old Feb 6, 16, 1:10 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by YVR72 View Post
2 seats for crew rest.
I have seen seats blocked for crew rest on other aircraft, but not the 77L or W, which both have separate crew rest spaces (flight crew at the front - hence no centre bins up front - and at the rear for cabin crew). I remain convinced it was a precaution for the new config and the seats were occupied by regular passengers in the end.
Old Feb 6, 16, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While picture on the right seems to have the same seats as on the 38 J seats configuration, picture on the left does not quite match the new 40 seats plan.

http://www.aircanada.com/shared/imag...7-300-new4.png

Indeed, 7A and K are missing, but there are seats 7D and G which are not on the actual plan.

Does one need to book 7D to end up in 7A by any chance?
Old Feb 6, 16, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
While picture on the right seems to have the same seats as on the 38 J seats configuration, picture on the left does not quite match the new 40 seats plan.

http://www.aircanada.com/shared/imag...7-300-new4.png

Indeed, 7A and K are missing, but there are seats 7D and G which are not on the actual plan.

Does one need to book 7D to end up in 7A by any chance?

No idea, but i just found this one. Very creative use of space.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 6, 16, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
No idea, but i just found this one. Very creative use of space.
That's a new one for me to see. Which flight was that one for?
Old Feb 6, 16, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
That's a new one for me to see. Which flight was that one for?

I'm fascinated by the artist's rendering of blue vs white space.

IIRC, I was looking at YYZ-YVR-NRT for a dates in March and that map was for 153.

Based on the 4 seat maps I posted (3 in this thread) it seems to vary by flight and date. One of them might have been YYZ-PEK. No matter, art is art.

(I also looked at the photos from when we all flew to YVR on the newly-refurbed Fin 742. The main J had 6 rows. Mini-J seemed to have 4 x 4, but I don't have full cabin photos.)
Old Feb 7, 16, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm fascinated by the artist's rendering of blue vs white space.

IIRC, I was looking at YYZ-YVR-NRT for a dates in March and that map was for 153.

Based on the 4 seat maps I posted (3 in this thread) it seems to vary by flight and date. One of them might have been YYZ-PEK. No matter, art is art.

(I also looked at the photos from when we all flew to YVR on the newly-refurbed Fin 742. The main J had 6 rows. Mini-J seemed to have 4 x 4, but I don't have full cabin photos.)
Interesting re 153 considering it has been HD J config.... So perhaps what you saw is a screwed up rendering of a J Dream Cabin.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: