Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Super Elite suspended; lawsuit filed but amicably settled out of court

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
Pertinent details/events/articles:
Print Wikipost

Super Elite suspended; lawsuit filed but amicably settled out of court

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Putting that aside for the moment, the way the story was reported, it seems like AC added SSSS to his boarding pass after he got his initial boarding pass, cleared US immigration & security and was getting ready to board by a (presumably) a vindictive AC employee. This story I thought would be indicative of the grudges and disdain some (certainly not all) AC employees have to travellers, especially when they're on a power trip!
The agents do not have the ability to add SSSS to a boarding pass like that. There are other background processes that can trigger its addition post-checkin but prior to boarding. US Customs Preclearance may also trigger its addition as they run additional checks. This is very rare but I have seen it happen before on UA as well.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Patently untrue. Most lawyers are on the same page as their clients. I have never known of a law firm or lawyer to share anything to anyone other than their clients (that is true), but if a lawyer is not sharing everything he/she knows about the case and on the same page wrt strategy, then I would humbly suggest to fire said lawyer.
No offense - I believe this discussion has to be stopped. IMO, you simply don't know how the system works.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by garykung
No offense - I believe this discussion has to be stopped. IMO, you simply don't know how the system works.
After almost thirty years working along side of lawyers I would agree to disagree.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Some flight attendants spend that much time working "along side of" pilots. Doesn't mean they know how to fly a plane, nor the rules of aviation.
bawm, canadiancow and DrunkCargo like this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
Some flight attendants spend that much time working "along side of" pilots. Doesn't mean they know how to fly a plane, nor the rules of aviation.
But they sure know more than the average Joe about aviation, much like the general audience here doesn't know much about the law. Just trying to help, and just like I seek no enjoyment from watching sports, I just skip that on the TV - suggested you do the same.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
There's a saying - often directed towards the 'thousand hour' pilots - that they know just enough to get themselves into trouble. A range of experience exists, between being a novice in a particular subject and an expert in same, in which most of the more egregious and preventable errors occur. The key is being able to recognize one's own limitations before wading in beyond one's depth.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
There's a saying - often directed towards the 'thousand hour' pilots - that they know just enough to get themselves into trouble. A range of experience exists, between being a novice in a particular subject and an expert in same, in which most of the more egregious and preventable errors occur. The key is being able to recognize one's own limitations before wading in beyond one's depth.
I don't care to defend myself despite you trying to be inflammatory and would suggest that you have a better day.

Moving on.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Yes, let's please move on and get back to the actual thread topic.

tcook052
AC Mod.
DrunkCargo likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
I find a bit of irony over the fact for years here on this site I have read many posts along the lines of "I am finished with Aeroplan or Air Canada" and am moving my hard earned money to an airline or points programme that will be so much better.

And here we have someone suing to get back into the fold when many other are running away as fast as they can.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by mapleg
I find a bit of irony over the fact for years here on this site I have read many posts along the lines of "I am finished with Aeroplan or Air Canada" and am moving my hard earned money to an airline or points programme that will be so much better.

And here we have someone suing to get back into the fold when many other are running away as fast as they can.
The irony of underestimating the value of being "Super Elite?" It is not only of economic value, but also of significant prestige to have that metal plastic tag with red, or now silver, plastic metal strap demonstrating not only a tenure of eliteness, but current qualification with this year's colours. It is not only a status, but also a membership in a club of elites, as it is so branded. And, Benjamin Smith personally sends a letter welcoming each and every one of us (well, not me presently) annually, all the way to the budding P25 ranks. Others are sourgraping perhaps...
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mapleg

At the same time, there are so many posts saying that I am an FF and loyal to the brand, which turns out that such person is indeed a nobody of the airline.

Bottom line - regardless, OP sees his encounters from AC were not justified. OP is within his rights to pursue redress legally if available.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
And, Benjamin Smith personally sends a letter welcoming each and every one of us (well, not me presently) annually
You didn't get an invite to the super-secret super-elite private BBQ in Ben's back yard?
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canopus27
You didn't get an invite to the super-secret super-elite private BBQ in Ben's back yard?
He did but Ben cancelled it last minute.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
He did but Ben cancelled it last minute.
​​​​​​
After I arrived and had a pickle.
wrp96, canopus27 and longtimeflyin like this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
The irony of underestimating the value of being "Super Elite?" It is not only of economic value, but also of significant prestige to have that metal plastic tag with red, or now silver, plastic metal strap demonstrating not only a tenure of eliteness, but current qualification with this year's colours. It is not only a status, but also a membership in a club of elites, as it is so branded. And, Benjamin Smith personally sends a letter welcoming each and every one of us (well, not me presently) annually, all the way to the budding P25 ranks. Others are sourgraping perhaps...
I think many of us FTers appreciate how you feel about the status and understand how you feel with the situation. However, I think life is a lot more than airline status. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves of that and put things in perspective.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.