Woke up to AC downgrade 787 to 320 text

Old Jan 19, 16, 9:59 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: YYJ/DXB/OGG
Programs: EK-Skywards Gold / Delta Gold Medallion/E50K 1MM
Posts: 752
Woke up this morning feeling like p.diddy😀

Oilers 4
Panthers 2

Woke up this morning to a text telling me my 787 flight turned into an A320 flight. YVR-YYZ😳. Paid J, not impressed!

Last edited by AftOf245; Jan 19, 16 at 5:09 pm
AftOf245 is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 10:20 am
  #2  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Programs: A3*G, UA*S, MR PPE, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Posts: 3,507
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by AftOf245
Woke up this morning to a text telling me my 787 flight turned into an A320 flight. YVR-YYZ😳. Paid J, not impressed!
Don't forget to get a refund of the $200 premium you paid for J TCON
pewpew is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 10:58 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 30,318
Originally Posted by pewpew View Post
Don't forget to get a refund of the $200 premium you paid for J TCON
It's $300, but that's only if it isn't an international itinerary or a flight pass.
canadiancow is online now  
Old Jan 19, 16, 12:03 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: YYJ/DXB/OGG
Programs: EK-Skywards Gold / Delta Gold Medallion/E50K 1MM
Posts: 752
It's an international itin, I don't really care about the $300, I chose the flights in Paid J because it will be a 30 hour travel day and I am paying for the extra comfort, I am not a spring chicken like nomad🤓

I am trying hard to be loyal to AC, but they make it very challenging. I may have to revert back to the EK flights out of SEA, at least I would upgraded to F every 3rd flight.
AftOf245 is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 12:14 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: YVR / PHX
Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Posts: 5,421
Originally Posted by AftOf245 View Post
Woke up this morning to a text telling me my 787 flight turned into an A320 flight. YVR-YYZ��. Paid J, not impressed!
If you call they should switch you to another wide body if your schedule permits. The concierge has done this for me a few times on Paid J. (don't know if they would do the same for eup etc).
Sean Peever is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 1:39 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 11,902
Originally Posted by Sean Peever View Post
If you call they should switch you to another wide body if your schedule permits. The concierge has done this for me a few times on Paid J. (don't know if they would do the same for eup etc).
E-up on latitude pass in the less than 48 hour u/g window would be noted as paid J.
acysb87 is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 2:54 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 30,318
Originally Posted by AftOf245 View Post
It's an international itin, I don't really care about the $300
There is no $300 on international itineraries.

Originally Posted by acysb87 View Post
E-up on latitude pass in the less than 48 hour u/g window would be noted as paid J.
That's not an eup
canadiancow is online now  
Old Jan 19, 16, 3:20 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: YYJ/DXB/OGG
Programs: EK-Skywards Gold / Delta Gold Medallion/E50K 1MM
Posts: 752
Oilers 4
Panthers 2

Why was this split off into a separate thread. Isn't there enough useless threads? I put it into the lounge because it was a trivial FYI.

Last edited by AftOf245; Jan 19, 16 at 5:08 pm
AftOf245 is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 3:23 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: sqrt(-united states of apologist)
Programs: sqrt(-school of apologist)
Posts: 5,244
I believe it was split because it's potentially useful as an example of the $300 reimbursement on TCON downguages.

I think it would've been filed in the useless folder if the title of your thread was "woke up in the morning feeling like p.diddy" or "woke up in the morning realizing I should switch to UA".
SparseFlyer is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 3:25 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: YEG
Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Posts: 2,900
Originally Posted by acysb87 View Post
E-up on latitude pass in the less than 48 hour u/g window would be noted as paid J.
They still treat it as a Latitude flight pass. The Y flight pass usually gets pretty good attention and service, though.
YEG_SE4Life is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 6:41 pm
  #11  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Posts: 4,644
Originally Posted by acysb87 View Post
E-up on latitude pass in the less than 48 hour u/g window would be noted as paid J.
Upgraded lat. fare passes are not paid J . Since it is a day flight, there is not that much of a difference. If you think there is, take the 777 flights earlier in the day.
Wpgjetse is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 6:46 pm
  #12  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Posts: 4,644
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer View Post
I believe it was split because it's potentially useful as an example of the $300 reimbursement on TCON downguages.

I think it would've been filed in the useless folder if the title of your thread was "woke up in the morning feeling like p.diddy" or "woke up in the morning realizing I should switch to UA".
No $300 reimbursement because pax did not buy a J fare. He is flying on a upgraded lat Y fare. No, waking up in the morning and realizing I should switch to UA would be a nightmare. UA J class sucks.
Wpgjetse is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 6:47 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: YYZ
Programs: Eupgrade4Lyfe, Gifted E50K, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Posts: 5,578
Oh christ I would be livid if my 787 gets downgraded to a 320. It would be RAGE.. RAGE. Since I fly YYZ-YVR specially on 787 it better not happen to me. &I paid 60 Bucks to sit in the PE Cabin(Only reason I fly AC over others any way is the ability to pay 15% more to sit in a more comfortable seat/
Jumper Jack is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 6:58 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: YYJ/DXB/OGG
Programs: EK-Skywards Gold / Delta Gold Medallion/E50K 1MM
Posts: 752
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse View Post
No $300 reimbursement because pax did not buy a J fare. He is flying on a upgraded lat Y fare. No, waking up in the morning and realizing I should switch to UA would be a nightmare. UA J class sucks.
Wow, this ran off the tracks quickly. It may be ADHD, anyway back to Hockey scores,

Maple Leafs 1
Flyers 1
AftOf245 is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 7:07 pm
  #15  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Posts: 4,644
Originally Posted by AftOf245 View Post
Wow, this ran off the tracks quickly. It may be ADHD, anyway back to Hockey scores,

Maple Leafs 1
Flyers 1
Does this count as a win for leaf fans?
Wpgjetse is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread