Wiki Posts
Search

AQD for flight pass bought in 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold

Are you suppose to be able to earn AQD for flight passes purchased in 2015 but used in 2016?

The reason I asked is I recently flew YYZ-LAX today using my flex flight pass and only AQM posted in my Altitude account, no AQD.

If I am supposed to earn AQD, I am assuming this is an IT glitch? Who should I talk to about it?

Thanks for your help!
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold

It can take a few days for AQD to post after the miles.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:39 pm
alc

AQD will post as a separate line in your Altitude account. It take a few extra days for the AQD to post in compare to the days required for AQM. They get process separately and you can get AQD even if AQM are missing (like in my very first flight of the year, still waiting to be 14 days before I can submit for missing miles )
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:36 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Yes, you get AQD for flights in 2016 on a segment FP purchased in 2015
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:04 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
just an FYI mine took about 5 days to post after the AQM posted.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by YYZ13
If I am supposed to earn AQD, I am assuming this is an IT glitch? Who should I talk to about it?
I'm assuming that the AQD updates for flight passes purchased in 2015 but segments flown in 2016 require some sort of manual update process.

I'm still waiting for some of my segments to post as well.

I'm not too stressed about it though, they still have 11 months to get it sorted out.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by jaysona
That's interesting. The miles have posted but I don't even have "Pending" in the AQD field. It's a 2016 pass, by the way.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antirealist
That's interesting. The miles have posted but I don't even have "Pending" in the AQD field. It's a 2016 pass, by the way.
It seems non-standard cases are still done manually. Then to go in three steps. first, miles post with no AQDs. Then a couple days later, the AQD column says "pending" as shown. Finally a couiple more days later the value appears.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
You should get AQD on the flight but not on the bonus miles. That is why one line has pending and one line is blank.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by Stranger
It seems non-standard cases are still done manually. Then to go in three steps. first, miles post with no AQDs. Then a couple days later, the AQD column says "pending" as shown. Finally a couple more days later the value appears.
In my case, the "pending" has been pending for about 10 days now. Like I said still 11 months to get it sorted out.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: AC*SE100K 2MM, Lifetime Marriott Platnium Elite
Took YYZ-YYC-YYZ earlier this week (East-West connector Flex). Return segment AQD has posted but not the outbound. No "pending" showing though in AQD column. As others have suggested, I'm sure it will sort itself out.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by Stranger
It seems non-standard cases are still done manually. Then to go in three steps. first, miles post with no AQDs. Then a couple days later, the AQD column says "pending" as shown. Finally a couiple more days later the value appears.
But my case should be completely standard. The pass was purchased in 2016.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by YEG2MM
You should get AQD on the flight but not on the bonus miles. That is why one line has pending and one line is blank.
I think it's something different.

Half my travelled segments are "pending" and half are blank.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: Air Canada SE
Originally Posted by podge
Took YYZ-YYC-YYZ earlier this week (East-West connector Flex). Return segment AQD has posted but not the outbound. No "pending" showing though in AQD column. As others have suggested, I'm sure it will sort itself out.
I had something similar with YYZ-CPH-YYZ on FP booking - the AQDs for the outbound flight posted the day after those for the return. So it should all work out.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But my case should be completely standard. The pass was purchased in 2016.
I could tell by some details I prefer not to mention that my UA flights were done manually. I suspect passes also because the surcharges are not apparent anywhere on the reservation.

Anything other than a single leg ticket might require them to manually do the pro-rating based on GC miles...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.