Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Pass Shenanigans

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I think cow recently went over the rules for connections.

Can't find the thread,but I think he said 4h for domestic, 6h for TB, 24h for International. Longer connections only if you are forced to.

Maybe he can post back here, I dont feel like going through 1000 posts of EYW stuff.
TB is 4 hours.

But flight passes have very different rules.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by canadiancow
TB is 4 hours.

But flight passes have very different rules.
Are you sure TB is 4h too?

As for flight passes, I wouldn't say that. Now every time an agent will say "I can't book this route cause it's ineligible" FTers will doubt themselves lol

TBH, considering some of thr silly options the FP engine displays, I just assumed all of it is mostly broken, and that the engine doesn't understand flight pathing rules correctly.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Are you sure TB is 4h too?

As for flight passes, I wouldn't say that. Now every time an agent will say "I can't book this route cause it's ineligible" FTers will doubt themselves lol

TBH, considering some of thr silly options the FP engine displays, I just assumed all of it is mostly broken, and that the engine doesn't understand flight pathing rules correctly.
I think it is mostly broken too. But often in ways to our benefit. Not sure how I feel about that because over time they seem to be "fixing" it and that results in fewer and fewer routes in our favour.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
Hi All!

Bumping this thread to try and get some understanding around Flex passes and segments.

I just bought a flex pass, primarily for YYZ-YOW. But it looks like I can fly YTZ-YOW through YUL (I live very close to YTZ so despite connecting through YUL I could save time and aggravation, especially for flights that come in at rush hour).

If I do YTZ - YUL - YOW do I end up with 2 AQS? Or are there AQS rules surrounding flight passes? It looks like each direction is only one credit, no matter what the connections are.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by meagicano
Hi All!

Bumping this thread to try and get some understanding around Flex passes and segments.

I just bought a flex pass, primarily for YYZ-YOW. But it looks like I can fly YTZ-YOW through YUL (I live very close to YTZ so despite connecting through YUL I could save time and aggravation, especially for flights that come in at rush hour).

If I do YTZ - YUL - YOW do I end up with 2 AQS? Or are there AQS rules surrounding flight passes? It looks like each direction is only one credit, no matter what the connections are.
Yes, you would get credit for 2 segments. And yes it is only one credit no matter how many connections.
meagicano likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: AC 50K
If I wanted to buy a FP so I can easily go see friends at the drop of a hat on my days off and build of AQS while at it, will I be able to book say the 3 segment options I see when I am booking one flight at a time, or does the FP software restrict the amount of connections. (and yes, I understand if I book last minute options might be slim). Looking at buying a Latitude Western Canada FP.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by marchelli
If I wanted to buy a FP so I can easily go see friends at the drop of a hat on my days off and build of AQS while at it, will I be able to book say the 3 segment options I see when I am booking one flight at a time, or does the FP software restrict the amount of connections. (and yes, I understand if I book last minute options might be slim). Looking at buying a Latitude Western Canada FP.
My experience is that the segment options you see on AC.com in general are more than what may appear via the FP app or via "Manage my flight pass" (even if counting only AC metal options). I have called in before to ask for specific segments, but this was some time ago.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by marchelli
Not sure why the need to ask this question. All flight passes have an option to preview availability before you purchase the pass. What you see there is typically what you’ll get. Depending on what specific cities you want to fly to you can certainly get 3 segments, but if you’re looking to get 3 segments on something like YYC-YVR you’re likely not going to pull it off.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Although we know sometimes it varies - I'll be offered YYZ-YUL/YOW-MCO when I don't want it but on an occasion when I did (because the YYZ-MCO were not at convenient times), I wasn't. However, they were able to change it after booking.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a question to latitude FP NA/Europe that has 2 names on account. In this case Mrs.acysb87
Would Mrs.acysb87 be needing 11 ecredits to u/g to J (one way) as she is on my pass. I am SE, she has no status with AC
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K; SQ KF Elite Gold; AS MVP 75k; DL Plat.; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Gold;
Originally Posted by acysb87
I have a question to latitude FP NA/Europe that has 2 names on account. In this case Mrs.acysb87
Would Mrs.acysb87 be needing 11 ecredits to u/g to J (one way) as she is on my pass. I am SE, she has no status with AC
It should let you do it for 11 eup credits as long as both of you are booked under one pnr through the FP system. What I mean is I once had a YYZ-FRA lat FP booking for myself and then a week before the flight I found out that person 2 on the fp was also available to join me and when I made their booking it wouldn't upgrade them for 11 credits unless I made them my nominee.

I had to call in and was told to request the upgrade at the airport.
Since it was R8 at that point I cancelled both of our bookings and rebooked as a one way with 2 pax and this time I could upgrade both of us right away for 11 credits each! So, I think if you're on the same pnr it should work (subject to AC IT shenanigans)
monkai likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks to "IVC" for the insight. We will be booked on same PNR and there is plenty of "P" space available
Indiavictorcharlie likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:11 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
i have an east-west latitude connector that I purchased in march of this year. i used it mostly for YTZ-(yul)-YYC/YVR, and i haven't made a booking in a few months.

however now whenever ytz is selected as origin, I can only get yul!! yyc or yvr cannot be selected and the flight pass call center is saying that's just the way it is and that they can change the terms, after being on hold for 70 minutes at 0100hrs est no less.

i see they added yyj and ylw (or maybe i'm only noticing this now) but this is a bait and switch! or hopefully just a technical glitch? i can't even find t+c of origin/destination anywhere, and yes i read the t+c that you see on the purchase page yes Ref: CONFPLT

Last edited by cur; Dec 12, 2019 at 2:16 am
Old Dec 12, 2019, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by cur
i have an east-west latitude connector that I purchased in march of this year. i used it mostly for YTZ-(yul)-YYC/YVR, and i haven't made a booking in a few months.

however now whenever ytz is selected as origin, I can only get yul!! yyc or yvr cannot be selected and the flight pass call center is saying that's just the way it is and that they can change the terms, after being on hold for 70 minutes at 0100hrs est no less.

i see they added yyj and ylw (or maybe i'm only noticing this) but this is a bait and switch! or hopefully just a technical glitch? i can't even find t+c of origin/destination anywhere, and yes i read the t+c that you see on the purchase page yes Ref: CONFPLT
Nevermind - at first I thought you meant that YYC and YVR weren't on the EW pass anymore, but what you meant was when you select your origin as YTZ, you only have YUL and nothing else to be able to choose from.

I see this when doing a sample booking with the pass.

Perhaps you'll have to UPX it to YYZ for now...?

Last edited by yyznomad; Dec 12, 2019 at 1:24 am
Old Dec 12, 2019, 2:15 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Nevermind - at first I thought you meant that YYC and YVR weren't on the EW pass anymore, but what you meant was when you select your origin as YTZ, you only have YUL and nothing else to be able to choose from.

I see this when doing a sample booking with the pass.

Perhaps you'll have to UPX it to YYZ for now...?
yeah i'll write a 100 word essay to customer relations on the upx and then the cta in 2 weeks when nobody at ac bothers to follow up. shady shady. and mediocre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.