AC Flight Pass Sale Offer

Old Jan 12, 16, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
AC Flight Pass Sale Offer

Hi, Im a newbe so maybe this has been discussed before.
What is the consensus on the AC Travel Pass or Flight Pass program. Im doing at least 4 round trips to Europe this year, it seems like a $$ saving on booking Business class the regular way and there appears to be some flexibility on booking (i.e./ 2 hours before departure if seats avail). But just wondering how those who have used these like it or not.
BTW they have a sale on until Jan 18th on Flight Passes (4-$9900) which is two round trips to Europe from Vancouver, Im seriously considering buying in....
JD
Old Jan 12, 16, 4:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Depends on what your travel patterns are.

If you frequently book relatively late, flight passes can be a good deal. However, depending on when and what fare class you book, the per-credit cost of the flight pass is often more than the fare that you could book if you booked more than a couple weeks in advance.

Also, you need to make sure you will use up all the credits. If you don't, any savings will likely be outweighed by the loss on the cancelled credits.

If you fly often enough to the destinations permitted by the flight passes (remember, AC metal only) that you'll use up all the credits and the per-credit price looks decent relative to what you would usually pay, it can be a good deal.
Old Jan 12, 16, 8:18 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Biggest advantage of Europe passes is ability to book one ways. Check out the Latitude pass as well as the business one under discussion. As E75 you can use your eups pretty effectively on the TALT routes.
Old Jan 12, 16, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canolakid View Post
Biggest advantage of Europe passes is ability to book one ways. Check out the Latitude pass as well as the business one under discussion. As E75 you can use your eups pretty effectively on the TALT routes.
As long as you get enough credits.

Used to work well, but after last year's devaluation, it's getting tougher. I still use latitude passes to Europe, but I have SE status, and I occasionally buy P fares if they are competitive (i.e. cheaper than the pass). Otherwise I would not have enough credits.
Old Jan 12, 16, 8:41 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Managing eups is the game- I always seem to have enough for Europe as I can buy J for transpac.. rotating flight passes and hitting thresholds works for my flight pattern.
Old Jan 13, 16, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Thanx for the pointers, Im still pondering whether to buy in or not. I do like the one way fares to Europe plus being able to book last minute, those are perks that benefit me!!

Search this Thread