Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Explain your AC forum name

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:51 pm

Growing up the old man would pile us into the Plymouth Fury Wagon and head to the parking garage of old T-1 at YYZ on weekends
Great memories of spotting from various parking levels and of course the roof (plus jumping the turnstiles on the observation decks...I can still hear the whine of the props on the Viscounts and Vanguards)
Admired the classic liveries of AA (Astrojets), Mohawk, BOAC and Lake Central (Herman on the tail) plus many others...
But I always loved Eastern's classic two-tone stripes of blue on white (not quite as good when they stripped down to base metal at the end) and the word "Whisperjet" on the air intake for centre engine on the 727 and engine pods of the DC9
Thus...
Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
It seems like a lifetime ago but I'm sure it's really just a few short years. We had those damn rebels from Zanzibar on the ropes. I mean, that rebellion was about to be crushed once and for all. But then we started to hear rumours of Tumbili The Monkey. I have no idea who that asshat was or if he even really existed, but things really changed after that.

I just couldn't go on living that life in that hellhole. So I moved to YYZ and here I am now on FT.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
Never thought I'D make it past prestige! Elite for several years now.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:58 pm
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Adele?
Originally Posted by NAJetSet
Or Lionel Richie?
Schizophrenia ?
Eve?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Great idea OP. This is a fun read. I don't suppose I really need to explain mine.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: AC E50K, Fairmont Plat, NEXUS
Explain your AC forum name

Pretty boring and self explanatory for mine. Although I'm based out of YOW now.. But YYT will always be home
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by WhisperjetYYZ
Growing up the old man would pile us into the Plymouth Fury Wagon and head to the parking garage of old T-1 at YYZ on weekends
Great memories of spotting from various parking levels and of course the roof (plus jumping the turnstiles on the observation decks...I can still hear the whine of the props on the Viscounts and Vanguards)
Admired the classic liveries of AA (Astrojets), Mohawk, BOAC and Lake Central (Herman on the tail) plus many others...
But I always loved Eastern's classic two-tone stripes of blue on white (not quite as good when they stripped down to base metal at the end) and the word "Whisperjet" on the air intake for centre engine on the 727 and engine pods of the DC9
Thus...
You'll be happy to see they've returned to the old white base on their new 737-800s. But Whisperjet is gone.

Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:24 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Schizophrenia ?
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Eve?
D. B. Cooper????
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by After Burner
You'll be happy to see they've returned to the old white base on their new 737-800s. But Whisperjet is gone.
In a thread about naming things, "Whisperjet" has to be one of the more comic exaggerations of all time.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:26 pm

"28 is great" - When I joined, most of my trips started with YYC-DEN, and usually departing runway 28, with a departure routing that went very close to my girlfriend's (now wife) home, and let me "wave bye" out the port windows.

Alas, magnetic north moves, and it's now runway 29, and they don't use it as much since 17L/35R opened!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I noted many of the names made reference to airports, aircraft, or occupying literal or figurative (i.e., status) altitudes.

We deaf people often get pitied, to our face or behind our backs. Deafness isn't a problem; barriers are a problem (and, true, with a fair share of those problems being in air travel industry and they deserve to be shamed.)

However, nothing makes me feel as unstoppable as when I get onto an airplane and see babies. While most of you feel your heart sink to the pit of your stomach, I'll fly quiet.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by After Burner

Sweet ! Good to see the 'hockey stick' back
And I neglected to express my admiration for the logo and titles in my original post
Pretty sharp - that compressed and elongated lettering - for the time of its debut in 1965 (I believe)
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
Cool

Probably disappointing for some, but "TemboOne" has no aviation relationship - other than it relates to Roger Whittaker's company and at one time referred to his King Air 200 "G-SONG" - much featured in the 1983 video "Roger Whittaker in Kenya".

Roger is an old family friend from the 70s and we are his unofficial biographers!

Would love to add some G-SONG jpegs but have yet to figure out how!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
The frustration of flying with Air Canada after years of wonderful service from Canadian, so I wondered why fly? Not long after I moved all customers in Canada to different sales people so I avoided flying domestic AC planes. Errorplan was taken by Parnel in those days, or would have picked that.
I still managed to fly over 1MM with AC and there were some very good years.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:43 pm

Couple layers on my handle:

1) I am a relief pharmacist and being home less than a 1/3 of the year qualifies me as nomadic (although no where near so much so as the other nomad)

2) Being nomadic is a relief to me. As weird as it may sound to many of you, I never fail to have a sense of calm/relaxation wash over me as I walk into a hotel or airport. Okay, if I'm running late for the flight maybe it takes until I get to the lounge and the free libations before the relaxation kicks in, but still, at the heart of it, travel is in my soul and I am very lucky to love what I do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.