Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Explain your AC forum name

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I have my pilots license and the aircraft I usually fly is the Cessna 172.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
Born in Winnipeg. Left for a while, now back.

Wow, just realized that I'm a member for 10 years, lurker for another 5 years. Time flies!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:00 am
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by adam.smith
I'm a boring, uncreative person and didn't want to have to think up a nickname of some sort. I wanted to be "Adam Smith", but it was taken, even though "Adam Smith" has never posted anything and doesn't ever appear to have logged in after signing up. So I'm "adam.smith" instead

But I look forward to hearing the stories of some of the more interesting monikers around here
Me too.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
While I was fighting with the rebels in Zanzibar, I suppose I developed something of a distinctive crouching posture when ducking behind a boulder or a stone wall to dodge incoming enemy fire. After a few weeks of this, the rebels nicknamed me tumbili, or 'the monkey'.

I was insulted at first, but over time I came to recognize it as a small token of friendship. I spoke no Swahili, and they little English, so this was their small way of bridging the gulf between us.

In those wild days, weeks seemed like months, so I never really noticed when tumbili gradually replaced my name, and certainly never noticed when I began using it myself. More than once I caught an odd look from a fellow ex-pat when I'd introduce myself this way, then blush and correct myself.

What felt like a lifetime later, on the endless flight home, I stared blankly out at the Atlantic passing beneath me, and realized that tumbili was the only name that had made sense in a long time.

Anyway, when I joined FT, that login was taken, so I just went with my first name and my home airport.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Joined in 2000 as islandcub (it's been my online handle for decades); was ill for several years. By the time I came back, I couldn't remember my password and the email account associated the username was long gone, so I couldn't reset it. Emailed support about deleting or merging the account, got no response, so I created a new one.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
The first gift my then, girlfriend (now wife) gave me had something to do with a penguin. When I have had a bad day, or a stressful day, I am reminded of the gift she gave me. I've never been able to look at a penguin and be angry, so I had wanted an alias of angrypenguin. Because that was taken, I didn't know what to do on FT, so I decided on superangrypenguin. Unfortunately for me, I didn't urbandictionary angrypenguin at the time and now pay the price (and I can't share the results on here so you'll have to look for yourself if you want a laugh). //adult humor.

I guess superangrypenguin would make it even worse, although it did work out as while the alias is long, SAP turned out to be a decent nickname and to be a decent employer.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
I joined right after taking USAirways's inaugural flight with international first class to FCO, called Envoy Class. Seat 1A.

I lasted years longer than USAirways's international first class!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
D is the first letter for my first name and 582 are random numbers I pressed on the keyboard. Creative right?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Pretty self-explanatory here too. Avid runner, frequent flyer. One of the things I enjoy most while travelling is go for a short run when I arrive at destination and (re)discover the city I am visiting (for work or leisure). Really enjoyable and quite efficient for recovering from jetlag... CDG is a regular destination for me. Nothing beats the Jardins du Luxembourg for a recovery run!

And, I am (was) also a Nords fan, but this was already taken ;-)

Last edited by run&fly; Jan 10, 2016 at 10:01 am
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: AC-E50K, *G, WS-Gold, Nexus, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz-PC
While in a heated argument years ago with a colleague was referred to as "a travelling gypsy in a thousand dollar suit".
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
Named after the guy whose name is associated with a useful mathematical tool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zorn's_lemma
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Canopus is the name of my boat - which in turn is named after the star.

Canopus is the brightest star in the constellation Carina, which is the keel of the larger constellation of Argo Navis (the ship Argo).

Canopus also happens to be used as a guide star for space navigation - many spacecraft carry a special camera known as a "Canopus Star Tracker".

So now you know.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:00 am
Suspended

I will let the speculation develop.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Sean: Irish form of John meaning “”God’s gracious gift.”” Shane is a very popular variant of the name in Northern Ireland in memory of Shane O’Neill whose forces won notable victories over the armies of Queen Elizabeth 1st in the sixteenth century.

Peever: Scottish : a stone used in hopscotch.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Hello again
I will let the speculation develop.
Adele?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.