Search

Explain your AC forum name

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:31 pm
Original Member

Commercial radio.... yecch!!!!!

Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Ha! I suspected it was so, but I never thought to ask!
GREAT CHOICE!!
What a great song isn't it. Thanks JJ.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
It's where I always seem to be... or at least hope to be... going.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:49 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
No backstory to my name, I'm just some dude who happened upon an interesting travel forum.

Something I'm embarrassed to admit, but prior to actually coming to the site I'd heard (ie. read) about something called flyertalk. I may have first seen it mentioned on redflagdeals.com and thought perhaps FT was another site for deal seekers. Since I'd go on RFD for things like sneak previews to Boxing Day flyers, I made some sort of connection to retail store flyers, so FT must be a forum to talk about weekly sales advertised in flyers. It wasn't until some time later when reading about "travel hacking" on Lifehacker that FT was mentioned as a place to learn about the points game, so I decided to actually check it out.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
Mine is relatively simple. When I moved back to YVR from ZRH in 2007, I chose it. . .

Since then - I have again returned to ZRH - but the old name stays.

When I was in the "Valley" my CA license plate on my car said YVR SJC . . . . Still have it in a box somewhere . . so - it's a bit of a theme.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by somedude3210
No backstory to my name, I'm just some dude who happened upon an interesting travel forum.

Something I'm embarrassed to admit, but prior to actually coming to the site I'd heard (ie. read) about something called flyertalk. I may have first seen it mentioned on redflagdeals.com and thought perhaps FT was another site for deal seekers. Since I'd go on RFD for things like sneak previews to Boxing Day flyers, I made some sort of connection to retail store flyers, so FT must be a forum to talk about weekly sales advertised in flyers. It wasn't until some time later when reading about "travel hacking" on Lifehacker that FT was mentioned as a place to learn about the points game, so I decided to actually check it out.

That's not too embarrassing actually.

You didn't explain the "3210" part...
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
My handle has nothing to do with AC or flying, and everything to do with my love of tequila and limes.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Originally Posted by LearningToFly
Well I started out down a dirty road
Started out all alone
And the sun went down as I crossed the hill
And the town lit up, the world got still
I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
Coming down is the hardest thing

Read more: Tom Petty - Learning To Fly Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Thank God for Tom Petty. So much shlock on the radio now- Tom just keeps writing great songs. Theres not many bad ones on any of his albums, and many of them are absolute gems. Ive seen him 7 or 8 times in concert. Tom Rocks!!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: Presto
Character in FASS 80: Days of Future FASS
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
From Winnipeg, Jet fan. Was season ticket holder with Jet version 1. Lived in Vancouver for the last 15 years or so.
Same, except I live in Toronto. I wonder if I should change my name to WinnipegJet50K.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by NoahVail
Character in FASS 80: Days of Future FASS
OMG what a FASSback!
That was the episode I always remember as the funniest character name "Iona Chevy-Pickup" (after a female politician at the time).
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by muskoka
Thank God for Tom Petty. So much shlock on the radio now- Tom just keeps writing great songs. Theres not many bad ones on any of his albums, and many of them are absolute gems. Ive seen him 7 or 8 times in concert. Tom Rocks!!
I went to watch Costner's movie, The Postman. Falling asleep in my chair, what a dud! I didn't realize Petty had a cameo role in the movie....it's about the only scene I perked up for, and can remember.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
#avgeek

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lock...del_10_Electra
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amelia_Earhart

As a former de Havilland Canada employee way back I also considered one of Twin Otter or Beaver.... Ummmm, I think I made the right choice....

Last edited by LockheedElectra; Jan 14, 2016 at 5:22 pm
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: Presto
Originally Posted by flyquiet
OMG what a FASSback!
That was the episode I always remember as the funniest character name "Iona Chevy-Pickup" (after a female politician at the time).
Yep, my fave too...I played Dean Eugene Sardirty that year; script writers were definitely on a roll.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
i'm from Vancouver and I was born in 1972.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.