Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYZ. Is there a desire to meet AC employees for a Do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Event: SAP is trying to organize a Do with some AC corporate employees. Trying is the operative word. At this point, I feel that it's highly likely that an Do will occur, so this thread has been started to look at numbers and availability. Please also post what date-ish works for you. It would appear that so far, late March/April is preferable by members. I'll track dates manually based on posts to keep the Wiki optimized/clean.

[Content of Do]: Meet and Greet with employees. Details are a work in progress.

Basic Rule: Be respectful at all times. Follow FT type rules. If you have an issue with a comment, criticize the comment, not the person.

Note: If it really comes down to it, being that this is a private function hosted by SAP, SAP will ask that rule-breaking person to leave. SAP really doesn't want to do this but if the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, the few will be removed (based on my gut instinct, I don't think this will be an issue)

Please keep thread banter to a minimum, thank you. (I realize Do threads usually have a lot of banter, but a lot of people are interested. So to minimize wasted time for all...)

Instructions: People interested to meet a few members of AC's corporate staffers, please add your name below and update the "Total Current Count". No +1's at this point unless they are FTers please due to demand.

People interested: (Total Current Count: 79)

cooleddie
Maradori
canadiancow
The Lev
YEG2MM
pewpew
yvrgary
Wpgjetse
YEGTigger
Bartolo
Bartolo2
krayZpaving
CanRulez
adam.smith
Antonio8069
CanadianMike
YYCowboy
yyz_atc_qq
martyYOW
islandcub1
YQMYMM
BlondeBomber
fin 645
biglinguist
SAP +1 (another anonymous FTer)
allbrosca
Diabeetus
PlainEnthusiast
Dudestir
yqtyyz
DNAwizard
D582
Argonaut1000
Arcanum
Absolute
Lights_a_blur
WR Cage
PB53x11
durberville
Rally guy
hazcaddy
SearsTower
gabdusch
aionesu
catgirl
travel_geek
woodlandCreature
hydrogen
jeffypop75
SparseFlyer
Wings100
TVR88
nomadic.relief
RCyyz
HometoYYZ
Benner
767300ER
yyzgigi
canopus27
Jasper2009
yul36
pilottobe
24left
mikeyyz
mountaingrl
mountainboy
Far Siren
172pilot
Seat13F_AC_CRJ
vernonc
-------------------------[Edited by SAP. List as of 10:02AM EST January 11] Count up to this point: 71 || Continue below please and leave this line - thanks!
ac777
Shareholder
dyzs
Nitehawk
mromalley
ensco
philelite
sulfur
margarita girl
Print Wikipost

YYZ. Is there a desire to meet AC employees for a Do?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I've added a Wiki. If we can please keep this Do thread banter to a minimum I would appreciate it. There's a lot of members interested and it'll be a challenge for me to keep track.

Thoughts/suggestions are definitely welcome, so if it pertains to the Do, feel free to post (such as your availability/concerns etc).

If you have not done so, please update the Wiki if you can. If you cannot, just post here and I'm sure someone will help. (I've added the names of those who have so graciously posted already. Sorry if I missed anyone)

I hope to get a date locked in by mid January. My first priority is aligning a date that works best for those in mind at Air Canada. Second is to find a date that will work for as many people on here as possible.

Please note, once the event is locked, only those in the Wiki are permitted to enter. Last minute party crashers will be not be permitted. The numbers are far too large at this point for me to find a venue to accommodate people who show up last minute!

I am trying to setup a charity-type Do to try and raise money for a cause. At this point, I do not believe a donation is required to attend, just an option. At this point, I'm thinking of a way to build in http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/co...ion/index.html - suggestions are more than welcome.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I will attend if I can. A date after March 6 preferred.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: AC SE, Fairmont Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
^

Sadly MrsQQ is a vegetarian
My daughter waves back and forth this way also and is never impressed when I tell her I consider myself a second generation vegetarian.

I only eat animals that are vegetarians.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Added my name; hoping it's in April since there are no long weekends or spring break in that month.

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Great initiative. I would certainly like to attend, date permitting (Wiki updated).

It will be a great opportunity to not only meet some AC employees but also a impressive number of FTers!
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
I'd definitely be interested, sometime after Feb is preferred.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I am trying to setup a charity-type Do to try and raise money for a cause. At this point, I do not believe a donation is required to attend, just an option. At this point, I'm thinking of a way to build in http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/co...ion/index.html - suggestions are more than welcome.
@:-) @:-) @:-) @:-)

In the spirit of a frequent flyer community .......

Admission fee - 50K AP mile donation to the AC foundation ahaha
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by maradori
@:-) @:-) @:-) @:-)

In the spirit of a frequent flyer community .......

Admission fee - 50K AP mile donation to the AC foundation ahaha
What if our AP account doesn't have 50K in it?

I rarely have much more than that as I'm always fearing a devaluation (or another devaluation)
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:32 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Can one be ordered?

I'd definitely want one or two of those.
Sorry to add to the thread banter, but I would absolutely order one too! And March/May would be best for me as well, as my wife is already looking to kill me from existing business travel.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...
I've added my name to the wiki. Fridays or weekends are best for me due to work committments.

Originally Posted by dudestir
My daughter waves back and forth this way also and is never impressed when I tell her I consider myself a second generation vegetarian.

I only eat animals that are vegetarians.
LOL. That's my new favourite line.

FWIW, we've done a couple of work dinners at The Keg and my vegetarian colleagues have always enjoyed the seafood and dinner salad options.

Personally, I've never understood how you can eat seafood and still call yourself a vegetarian, but with a sister in the SJW camp I've learned to not bother arguing with how people self-identify.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
I'm down!
Old Jan 9, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
I'm in, tentatively of course subject to the date being chosen.

Donation to attend is another great idea. If it is the AC foundation, I gave some spare AE points that can throw into the donation pile.

If this going to be an AC Do that requires donation attend, perhaps a moderated discussion panel would be of interest. 3 to 4 moderators with SAP as host ,operator; plus one other chosen moderator, third moderator seat auctioned off to highest donator.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: Enough
Would be great to get some AP folks
Old Jan 9, 2016, 1:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Oh my gosh.

I was not expecting 38 people. I'm glad there is so much interest!

My original idea quickly went out the door for a restaurant type dinner set down affair. My other idea was to arrange a venue where it's more of a casual appetizer type affair. That clearly just went out the door as well. I mean, it's do-able but not ideal.

WR Cage's suggestion about a moderated discussion panel is something that is very intriguing. We would obviously need a conference room on a weekend, but then food + drinks would then be out the door. So perhaps a restaurant can try and accommodate us? I realize that once a date is set we may lose maybe 10 people? That still puts us at 28. There's a theatre type auditorium where I could book out for free at the University I went to. But then again, it'd be pretty boring from a catering perspective (e.g. there wouldn't be any)

The last thing that I would want is to limit it to X people, and then just randomly pick names out of a hat and do it that way.

There are 38 brains who want to attend this function. Let's put the brains to good work. Anybody have other suggestions? I'm totally open for ideas to try and make this work, especially given the interest.

Originally Posted by durberville
Would be great to get some AP folks
Do you know anyone?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Altitude
Sign me up - March is good

Great idea - would love to meet both fellow FT folks and AC folks.

I've been really well taken care of these past two years as an E50 flyer and would love to dive deeper into the community and offer some very positive feedback to the AC folks.

Keep me posted,

RK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.