Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Package options

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E
2016 Package options

While selecting my package I was wondering why anyone would choose MLL passes over travel options which gives the choice of MLL or Cafe? We can already bring in family and one guest so what does this add or am I missing something?

Also, why does E25 get one more MLL pass (same as E50) than E35?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
MLL passes. Having chosen the Cafe thing in 2015. Bad decision. You have to use it for new bookings, and if you eup to J you can't reuse the code etc.

Stick to passes - at least that's what I'm doing this year.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
You can give the passes to people you're not travelling with.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

The selection lists passes as an option within the travel options.

Quoted from Program Privileges

"Choose this Select Privilege and enjoy complimentary Air Canada Café or Maple Leaf Lounge access on eligible reservations completed at aircanada.com. Up to six passengers may travel on these reservations."

This is listed as a separate item from MLL passes.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:42 pm

Passes make for good birthday presents etc
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dyzs
The selection lists passes as an option within the travel options.

Quoted from Program Privileges

"Choose this Select Privilege and enjoy complimentary Air Canada Café or Maple Leaf Lounge access on eligible reservations completed at aircanada.com. Up to six passengers may travel on these reservations."

This is listed as a separate item from MLL passes.
What tier status did you hit? It's one code for the MLL, the rest are for food. (if you're E75K and up)
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I would imagine because 35s get domestic/transborder lounge access and 25s don't. So, a 25 can use the passes themselves.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yvrgary
I would imagine because 35s get domestic/transborder lounge access and 25s don't. So, a 25 can use the passes themselves.
Makes sense, thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
What tier status did you hit? It's one code for the MLL, the rest are for food. (if you're E75K and up)
Not sure why they list them as separate items. If this is really the case then passes make more sense - at least to give away. I have little need for Cafe.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
MLL passes are not for your own use - they are to give to anyone with whom
you are not travelling. I give them to my wife and mother when they are travelling
solo.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:28 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
MLL passes are not for your own use - they are to give to anyone with whom you are not travelling.
This is true for E35K and up who have lounge access as a privilege. But to answer OP's second question about why P25Ks get more than E35Ks, it's because they might need to use them on themselves rather than just being able to give them away to family and friends.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:31 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Not sure why they list them as separate items. If this is really the case then passes make more sense - at least to give away. I have little need for Cafe.
The other issue is if you use discount or promo codes, or flight passes. Those travel options can only be used if you enter them into the promo code section of AC.com when booking, I believe.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
IIRC, E75Ks get one code for MLL access, and SE100Ks get two codes for MLL access.
They get the same number of codes for food.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
The passes also come in handy when you need to guest more than one person in the lounge with you that is not immediate family. (colleagues, friends, etc)
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
While selecting my package I was wondering why anyone would choose MLL passes over travel options which gives the choice of MLL or Cafe? We can already bring in family and one guest so what does this add or am I missing something?

You can't use the codes with flight passes.
The codes are useless when you're in J.
The codes are harder to give away, because you need to catch someone before they book, and they have to book through AC.com.

I can mail you a paper lounge pass for travel next week that you booked 11 months ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.