SQ J Availability on A380?

Old Jan 7, 16, 8:41 am
Original Poster

SQ J Availability on A380?

Peeps,

Recently just booked a flight from TXL-SYD, and there was no A380 availability in J, and was hoping that when I change my return ticket to BKK, there will be some.

Any insights on how frequent/how available J tickets are on 380s? Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 16, 8:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
SQ J/F availability opens up closer to departure date, based on what I have read on here.
Old Jan 7, 16, 8:43 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
With Krisflyer miles, no problem.
With any other FF program, SQ J is only available on regional flights, no long hauls.
Old Jan 7, 16, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IluvSQ View Post
With Krisflyer miles, no problem.
With any other FF program, SQ J is only available on regional flights, no long hauls.
Thanks. Since different airlines have different meanings of 'regional', I presume in this case you meant intra-Asia? I was able to book J tickets from Singapore to Sydney no problem, just not on A380s.
Old Jan 7, 16, 9:26 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by thelister View Post
Thanks. Since different airlines have different meanings of 'regional', I presume in this case you meant intra-Singapore?
Singapore is a little too small to have intra-Singapore flights.

Basically, SQ doesn't like giving away seats on any of their premium metal.

A380, 773, etc.

You can find availability on their A330 but it is a lot of hit and miss

They are very happy to see their J and F cabins go out totally empty than upgrade pax
Old Jan 7, 16, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcohen999 View Post
Singapore is a little too small to have intra-Singapore flights.

Basically, SQ doesn't like giving away seats on any of their premium metal.

A380, 773, etc.

You can find availability on their A330 but it is a lot of hit and miss

They are very happy to see their J and F cabins go out totally empty than upgrade pax
Haha - thanks. I actually edited my reply just a few minutes after I replied, but you were fast.

And yup, all my bookings were on A330-300 or A320.... Only Y availability for A380... Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 16, 7:09 pm

hi,

There is some availability in J on A380 HKG-SIN in September and October (2:25pm flight). (look October 11)

Also, the 8:55am SYD-SIN flight is available some days. Even if it is marked as a 777-300, it as been switched for a 777-300ER (1-2-1 seats). (look October 11)
Old Feb 12, 16, 2:35 pm

Singapore J Availability

I was doing some research on ANA and found availability Feb. 16th. from SFO to SIN in SQ-J and on Feb. 25th. for the return from SIN to LAX (on the A380 via Tokyo). This is very rare for SQ to release J on the A380 but it was on ANA but not on AP. AP shows only Y availability on the same flight Feb. 25th. from SIN to LAX. It may be worth a call to Aeroplan though if someone is interested in this award.
Danno
Old Feb 12, 16, 6:34 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by danno95 View Post
I was doing some research on ANA and found availability Feb. 16th. from SFO to SIN in SQ-J and on Feb. 25th. for the return from SIN to LAX (on the A380 via Tokyo). This is very rare for SQ to release J on the A380 but it was on ANA but not on AP. AP shows only Y availability on the same flight Feb. 25th. from SIN to LAX. It may be worth a call to Aeroplan though if someone is interested in this award.
Danno
The availability is only with Kris Flyer miles, not with AE or MP or whatever.
Old Feb 12, 16, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, AC, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by thelister View Post
And yup, all my bookings were on A330-300 or A320....
SQ doesn't fly the 320 (or any other narrowbody).
Old Feb 13, 16, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by IluvSQ View Post
The availability is only with Kris Flyer miles, not with AE or MP or whatever.
I thought the same thing however maybe things are starting to change for the better (as far as J/F availability on A380 or 777-300 SQ). I just searched Feb. 15 departure and Feb. 23rd. return YYC-SIN (return). On the outbound on Feb. 15th. one option is YYC-FRA on AC in Y then FRA-SIN on SQ in F (on the A380). The return leg is offering SIN to HKG on SQ in J followed by HKG-SFO, SFO-YYC on United in F. The AC leg kills this for me bacause it's in Y and the YQ they charge. I did try searching the FRA-SIN direct on Feb. 15th. but the SQ F does not show up

Search this Thread