Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

So why do they lie about delayed flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So why do they lie about delayed flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
I don't think any of us would be astonished, but there's always a first time.

For eg. see #7 (I will admit #2 and 6 were runners up)

"The 15 Most Ridiculous Things People Say on a Plane"

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/the-15-...605362087.html
I several comments on that:

1. I have no reason to believe any of those things were ever actually said.
2. I have no reason to believe that if any of those things were ever actually said, that they weren't meant as a joke.
3. For something like "We ask, “would you like cream and sugar in your coffee?” and they hesitate like it’s a difficult ‘Jeopardy’ question.", I was recently exhausted on a flight, I ordered a rum and Coke Zero, the FA asked if I wanted lemon, and it took me a good three or four seconds to process the question. It's not that I'm stupid or don't understand what a lemon is. It's just a question I almost never get asked with that drink order on AC (either they put one in or they don't, but they never ask), so the unusual question combined with the exhaustion made me "hesitate like it's a difficult 'Jeopardy' question".

Heck even for number 1, I remember when I worked in Toronto, someone from the SF office came to visit, and we went out for dinner at a fast food place. They asked if he wanted his receipt, and he said no. I thought that was odd, but I hadn't looked into whether our expense policies required a receipt for a $10 purchase. But even if they didn't require it, you're still better off having it. Fast forward two weeks later, and I get a message, "DID YOU KNOW I CAN EXPENSE MY FOOD WHILE TRAVELING?" Probably one of the smartest guys I've ever worked with, for the record.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.