Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC award help Yyz-lax-las-yyz

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

AC award help Yyz-lax-las-yyz

I tried to get an award flight in March on UA avoiding AC to no avail. The scamcharges are way over $460 for 2 pax. Any suggestions most appreciated.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by steveche
I tried to get an award flight in March on UA avoiding AC to no avail. The scamcharges are way over $460 for 2 pax. Any suggestions most appreciated.
United. No Scam charges
What dates?

Just checked some dates in March. UA has availability via ORD, DEN, IAH most days Sunday-Thursdays. in Coach. Weekends.

Go on www.ual.com. Plug in the dates. Number of persons. & select award travel.
Will bring up lists of flights available.
Than call AE & give them the flight details.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Try harder....

There is tons of availability on UA/UAX only in March for 2
Attached Images  
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by steveche
I also looked and found tons of availability. The LAX->YYZ leg was the most limited from the days I searched.

What dates and how many seats are you searching for. Use the one way search on aeroplan to locate the flights.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys. I was only looking at AP website. will switching over to UA....appreciated
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:12 am

i'm a newbie...
how do you use aeroplan points to book the flights without going through the aeroplan website?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
Originally Posted by donduck
i'm a newbie...
how do you use aeroplan points to book the flights without going through the aeroplan website?
OP probably has UA miles, in your case you're pretty much stuck booking on aeroplan website (for a fee you can also book via the phone for some more creative routings)

transferring miles is also an option but would probably incur more fees and create less value
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Plus, if the $35 AP phone booking fee gets you access to UA flights you can't book through the AP website (and saves you $350 in fees) that seems like an easy choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.