Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the
original 2004 - 2014 thread
and the 2015 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Thanks. Any idea how I can check?
Go into the closest post office with two pieces of ID (one must be photo ID) and a copy of your utility bill showing address. Ask them to check if you had any redirect or hold mail service activated.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by YYT82
Go into the closest post office with two pieces of ID (one must be photo ID) and a copy of your utility bill showing address. Ask them to check if you had any redirect or hold mail service activated.
Thank you. Just on chat with Canada Post online and she is useless.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Well now I know how it feels like when one's face is pressed against the subway door.

I was wrong, there are actually worse ways to go from point A to B than AC 777HD
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Well now I know how it feels like when one's face is pressed against the subway door.

I was wrong, there are actually worse ways to go from point A to B than AC 777HD
This made me laugh like crazy....while in flight too...
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
OMG BBM on iOS sucks SO SO SO SO SO much. It's the WORST messaging app that exists on that platform. I could download 99 others at random and I would guarantee you that BBM would still be ranked 100.
BBM sucked, period. BB sucked. Nortel sucked. (I could keep going) Lululemon doesn't suck. Do we sense a pattern here?

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Pokemon Go isn't about the game at all. It's the amount of data that nintendo is collecting on the users that investors like. They have names, friends, gps locations, movement locations, time of day, etc etc. It's a data grab wrapped as a game.
What they lack is heartrate, temperature, etc... this is where "*watch" works. Voluntary telemetrics are extremely important, especially on a demographic that doesn't typically wear "*watch", like kids. Feed the data through kinesis, do some realtime analytics... retrain some machine learning models... lots of fun.

Do you not just poke your ... out and squish bodies back more? I find letting out a wet fart helps too, but perhaps not in certain countries/cultures where perhaps it would not even be noticed.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Is JJ in Shanghai or Beijing? In Shanghai , I experienced the pushing, shoving, pressed-to- the-wall-feeling at the transfer point subway station to PVG. I threw elbows such that an NBA centre in the paint would be proud.

Never again... Maglev both ways!

By comparison, I'm enjoying the civility of Taipei's MRT these past few days.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
That Maglev is incredible. I'd take it just for the speed. IIRC its the fastest thing on land on the entire planet a regular person can actually buy a ticket and travel on. I had 9 days there and on day 3 or 4 took it both ways for the ride.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:25 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I felt so cheated when a travel companion wanted to taxi to the hotel, but I contrived to return to PVG alone so I could be sure to take the maglev. It was amazing. 0 to 300 km/h in < 2min.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:33 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I simply don't believe you mean that.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by YOWgary
I laughed so hard my beverage ended up in my nose

Those who only browse this forum every so often will not get this comment
Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:38 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
So I rode the high speed rail in China for the first time today.
It was incredible, quiet, super nice legroom, good width seats, amazing recline.

I loved it - also took a timelapse video which I will upload once I get back.

Originally Posted by YOWgary
Aye, it was diffcult to conclude. :P

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I laughed so hard my beverage ended up in my nose

Those who only browse this forum every so often will not get this comment
Ha!
Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by The smallest state
That Maglev is incredible. I'd take it just for the speed. IIRC its the fastest thing on land on the entire planet a regular person can actually buy a ticket and travel on. I had 9 days there and on day 3 or 4 took it both ways for the ride.
Maglev would be nice if it actually ends in Century Avenve as oppose to Long Yang Road- another reason I have never rode it after the trial run(family was working in TUV who got access before it opened)

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
Is JJ in Shanghai or Beijing? In Shanghai , I experienced the pushing, shoving, pressed-to- the-wall-feeling at the transfer point subway station to PVG. I threw elbows such that an NBA centre in the paint would be proud.

Never again... Maglev both ways!

By comparison, I'm enjoying the civility of Taipei's MRT these past few days.
I think you might be the first foreigner I know who actually took the subway to PVG :P
Taxi/Uber/Didi is better than maglev IMO
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I usually get a bubble tea near the bottom of the stairs at Longyan once I pass the group of taxi hawkers.

I tried to save money by taking the subway over the Maglev. It was an act of lunacy, in hindsight.

Maglev would be nice if it actually ends in Century Avenve as oppose to Long Yang Road- another reason I have never rode it after the trial run(family was working in TUV who got access before it opened)

I think you might be the first foreigner I know who actually took the subway to PVG :P
Taxi/Uber/Didi is better than maglev IMO
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Hey SAP! Got your mail yet?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 5:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Hey SAP! Got your mail yet?
I did contact Canada post who let me know there wasn't anything fishy going on. No mail yet though. No one loves me 😢

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.