Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the
original 2004 - 2014 thread
and the 2015 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: A3 Silver
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
It's a feature of Windows Phone.
A limited selection of apps is now a feature? The double speak is real.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Agreed; Imagine if Jose Bautista and EE both sign with the Red Sox?

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I hope EE stays. I would say he looks better in blue and white instead of red and white!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My brain hurts. Too many flights in too short a span. Ugh.
Don't. Even. Start.

Speaking of which... has anyone ever been so exhausted that they became somewhat delirious?

On one EYW flight, we boarded, and were laughing hysterically at nothing. I heard an FA make a comment about "drunk" (we'd had maybe two drinks each). Cognitive ability just ceased to exist.

We proceeded to pass out and sleep the rest of the flight.

That 30 minutes (I think it was YUL-YOW or something) did wonders for our mental state.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Don't. Even. Start.

Speaking of which... has anyone ever been so exhausted that they became somewhat delirious?

On one EYW flight, we boarded, and were laughing hysterically at nothing. I heard an FA make a comment about "drunk" (we'd had maybe two drinks each). Cognitive ability just ceased to exist.

We proceeded to pass out and sleep the rest of the flight.

That 30 minutes (I think it was YUL-YOW or something) did wonders for our mental state.
Yes. Two or three TATLs or TPACs per week mixed in with a few domestic transcon round trips per week makes me delirious.

But I still find it fun, believe it or not.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Don't. Even. Start.

No, but the other night, I went to the lounge to take a nap...I woke up after a couple of hours, looked at my watch and noticed my watch said "10:20"....

I darted out the door with my bag in tow looking for the gate flying to YQT.

Once my grogginess dissipated, I realized my watch was 1 hour ahead.

Thank goodness....I really thought I missed my flight.

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 14, 2016 at 12:40 pm Reason: off topic
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:24 pm

Yes. Two or three TATLs or TPACs per week mixed in with a few domestic transcon round trips per week makes me delirious.

With all this flying, how much time do you spend with the client?

Looks like 2 hours at most...

I think once you reach 3 MM, and you have SE for life, your loyalty towards AC will change.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by CanRulez
No, but the other night, I went to the lounge to take a nap...I woke up after a couple of hours, looked at my watch and noticed my watch said "10:20"....

I darted out the door with my bag in tow looking for the gate flying to YQT.

Once my grogginess dissipated, I realized my watch was 1 hour ahead.

Thank goodness....I really thought I missed my flight.
If you have a long turnaround in YWG, go landside to Stella's just outside security.

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 14, 2016 at 12:41 pm Reason: edit quote
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Am I losing my mind?

I haven't had mail for a few days. I thought Canada Post wasn't on strike yet?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:36 pm

Am I losing my mind?

I haven't had mail for a few days. I thought Canada Post wasn't on strike yet?
Your ex-wife redirected all the mail?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by YYT82
If you have a long turnaround in YWG, go landside to Stella's just outside security.
...then include Stella's in my Altitude Community list?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Your ex-wife redirected all the mail?
Holy bleep. Can she do this?!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Jokes aside, yes, anyone in the household (over the age of majority) can redirect mails to a different address. I once requested a 'hold mail' service for myself, but it ended up holding all the mail in that address. Worse yet, I only requested hold for two weeks, but I learned that you need to go in person to notify them to take the address off hold.

Redirect mail can work the same way as well, although on the application you need to put down all the names for whom you want the mails forwarded. There is no guarantee they won't glitch it just like the hold mail service.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With draw from flying as often as you do and see if you get delirious ,or not
Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Although I occasionally get annoyed with Jack's memes, I'd say this is a fantastic candidate for one.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YYT82
Jokes aside, yes, anyone in the household (over the age of majority) can redirect mails to a different address. I once requested a 'hold mail' service for myself, but it ended up holding all the mail in that address. Worse yet, I only requested hold for two weeks, but I learned that you need to go in person to notify them to take the address off hold.

Redirect mail can work the same way as well, although on the application you need to put down all the names for whom you want the mails forwarded. There is no guarantee they won't glitch it just like the hold mail service.
Thanks. Any idea how I can check?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.