Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the
original 2004 - 2014 thread
and the 2015 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Just binged black mirror S01 to S03e01 not including the Xmas special. I find the sound design to contribute much to the ambiance, but the stories to be quite innocuous.

Cadence is slow too. Maybe I'm a sick dude. :P

Will rewatch after first pass to see if I'm totally missing the points, but I'd argue it's more documentary than sci-fi. As shows go, it was worth my time so far.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
How you feel when you turn in your paper

How TA feels when you turn in your paper ........

Now I can cry, scream and panic about exams. YAY

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Dec 2, 2016 at 10:48 pm
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
TA and prof both.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:50 pm

Programs: TK *G
I remember at the end of the term there's something called prof/TA evaluation form. I forgot if I ever filled out any.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:00 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Just binged black mirror S01 to S03e01 not including the Xmas special. I find the sound design to contribute much to the ambiance, but the stories to be quite innocuous.

Cadence is slow too. Maybe I'm a sick dude. :P

Will rewatch after first pass to see if I'm totally missing the points, but I'd argue it's more documentary than sci-fi. As shows go, it was worth my time so far.
Tbh, I think governments are looking to Black Mirror for inspiration. See the UK's Snooper's Charter and the leading questions in this online consultation that Canada posted
Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by pewpew
Tbh, I think governments are looking to Black Mirror for inspiration. See the UK's Snooper's Charter and the leading questions in this online consultation that Canada posted
Yea... I still feel it's a bit tame; expectations were high, so maybe that's my problem?

Although what I'd like to see probably would have made it unairable in the UK, and possibly unrateable too... but closer to the reality I see often
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
My toe nail just unexpected came off today after the injury. The elevators in my building are broken and I live on the 10th floor.
I cant ran, cant swim cant even walk for a long time.

Combine with my sutured wound and exams coming up, the amount of crippling pressure and anxiety could not be worse.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Dec 4, 2016 at 4:34 pm
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
My toe nail just unexpected came off today after the injury. The elevators in my building are broken and I live on the 10th floor.
I cant ran, cant swim cant even walk for a long time.

Combine with my sutured wound and exams coming up, the amount of crippling pressure and anxiety could not be worse.
ouch, sounds painful. Get well soon!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I love the Spice Girls. Who else likes them?

T. Swift - she's alright.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Can't wait for the next season of Westworld! ^
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by maradori
ouch, sounds painful. Get well soon!
Thanks
Hope I could just end this awful year right now...

Originally Posted by jaysona
Can't wait for the next season of Westworld! ^
Hopkins though.........
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I tried to call a doctor for a house visit. The operator was a bit suspicious of my age, apparently. When she asked for my phone number (in France, numbers are e.g. zero-six twenty-three fifty-two), I had to correct myself, and then it took me a second to give my birthdate because I still haven't figured out how to count to 199x (only 90s kids will understand). She told me I was a minr and asked if there were any adults around

ETA: and the doctor just called ahead and told me to have some ID with my birthdate on it ready

Last edited by pewpew; Dec 5, 2016 at 9:35 am
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: A3 Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I love the Spice Girls. Who else likes them?

T. Swift - she's alright.
T Swift is criminally underrated on this forum
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by montezume
T Swift is criminally underrated on this forum
Haters gonna hate.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:02 am

pop culture?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.