Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the
original 2004 - 2014 thread
and the 2015 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
My friend and I had just flown NRT-IAH in NH F.

On that flight, we pushed the call button a lot. Because that seems to be how it works there.
I'm quite surprised from the general gist of the flight reviews of NH F, I'm almost expecting their FAs (actually "CA" in NH parlance) to half be able to read minds and proactively offer what you want
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yvrgary
I pushed my very first call button yesterday, after the SD took my drink order, walked up front to get it and then... disappeared, for half an hour.

When she came back after I hit the call button, she said she'd just forgotten - do I need to switch to a more memorable drink order? Diet Coke, with a glass of ice and a side of Tabasco sauce?
Teach the crew to make Sangria and they'll never forget your drink

Speaking of which it's about that time of flight.

Originally Posted by maradori
I'm quite surprised from the general gist of the flight reviews of NH F, I'm almost expecting their FAs (actually "CA" in NH parlance) to half be able to read minds and proactively offer what you want
So on LAX-HND, my friend pushed the button when he wanted something, and I never pushed it. He got way better service, and they were not "upset".

I don't even think it's an Asian thing. I think it's an F thing.

I don't care if they're proactive if when I push the button, five seconds later there's an FA with my Krug.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
The stock market is really annoying me.

Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
The stock market is really annoying me.

The exchange rate is really killing me. I have to pay tuition in USD
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by pewpew
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

You win. That has to suck.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)

Look at the bright side. You're still in school.

...and I'm sure the weather is much nicer in California, which is where I assume you're studying.

Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: SE 100K

Try paying in GBP like me
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Just don't leave California when you're done. I love getting paid in USD.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Look at the bright side. You're still in school.

...and I'm sure the weather is much nicer in California, which is where I assume you're studying.

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Just don't leave California when you're done. I love getting paid in USD.
Nah, I'm at one of those notorious northeast universities (where it's somehow not cold/snowing?), and I only applied to Canadian/European Universities for further study

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
I might be next year
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
At least cable is at a multi month low today...
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Fantastic idea.

Imagine how much less cranky some fliers would be if this were offered by .......

http://www.thaiairways.com/en/exp_th...chid_Spa.page?

Not the same as those Express ones you sea at YVR and SFO, but still
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
Fantastic idea.

Imagine how much less cranky some fliers would be if this were offered by .......

http://www.thaiairways.com/en/exp_th...chid_Spa.page?

Not the same as those Express ones you sea at YVR and SFO, but still
Still same crankiness since *G isn't included.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Still same crankiness since *G isn't included.
Work with me here. LOL. It's an idea. Details later.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
YYZ trans border T1

what a mess at YYZ transborder T1. With the construction going on the regular line was in the terminal as the room was too small. Half the Nexus machines were not working so another line. And the lines intersected like a crosswalk. Made it to the PP lounge as the AC lounge will be busy today with everyone heading to Vegas for CES on top of the regular rush hour crowd
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vernonc
what a mess at YYZ transborder T1. With the construction going on the regular line was in the terminal as the room was too small. Half the Nexus machines were not working so another line. And the lines intersected like a crosswalk. Made it to the PP lounge as the AC lounge will be busy today with everyone heading to Vegas for CES on top of the regular rush hour crowd
And now on the plane and the nice lady seated near me has decided to file her nails

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.