Search

Business Class Award Fare Class?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Business Class Award Fare Class?

Hi

Im very confused....

I just joined Expertflyer to find a seat from YYZ-DEL on the AC direct on AE in J.

Im looking at DEL-YYZ on Feb 24th?

Expert flyer shows me P6 R4 but the Aeroplan site doesn't show availibity.

In addition - when I phone AE they give me a whole diff story!

What fare class should I be looking for on Expert Flyer for Air Canada J redemption? I thought is was R...

thanks
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

R is for upgrades and IKK.

Rewards are in I.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by llbean
Hi

Im very confused....

I just joined Expertflyer to find a seat from YYZ-DEL on the AC direct on AE in J.

Im looking at DEL-YYZ on Feb 24th?

Expert flyer shows me P6 R4 but the Aeroplan site doesn't show availibity.

In addition - when I phone AE they give me a whole diff story!

What fare class should I be looking for on Expert Flyer for Air Canada J redemption? I thought is was R...

thanks
R if you are using priority rewards as an SE. I if you are doing otherwise. (If memory serves me right)
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
As Stranger and Sean have mentioned, AE business rewards fare bucket is I while economy is X.

In ExpertFlyer, you have to use the "Rewards and Upgrade" tool, select AC as the airline and check the box "Business - Award & Alliance Partner Upgrades (I)" to identify AE J availability on a specific route.

Best of luck.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:05 pm

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, or if I need to open a new thread. I'm looking for business award availability YQR-YYZ on Jul 4th. Both Aeroplan an Expert Flyer tell me that there is availability on AC1112 but not on AC1116. What I don't understand is that Expert Flyer shows me basically the same buckets for both flights:

AC1112: J9 C9 D9 Z9 P8 R6 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 G9 S9 T9 L9 A0 K9
AC1116: J9 C9 D8 Z8 P8 R4 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 G9 S9 T9 L9 A0 K9
In particular I see no I class, which is where I expected to see business award availability. What am I missing?
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tinchote
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, or if I need to open a new thread. I'm looking for business award availability YQR-YYZ on Jul 4th. Both Aeroplan an Expert Flyer tell me that there is availability on AC1112 but not on AC1116. What I don't understand is that Expert Flyer shows me basically the same buckets for both flights:

In particular I see no I class, which is where I expected to see business award availability. What am I missing?
The answer is right above.
Originally Posted by DNAwizard
In ExpertFlyer, you have to use the "Rewards and Upgrade" tool, select AC as the airline and check the box "Business - Award & Alliance Partner Upgrades (I)" to identify AE J availability on a specific route.
The label is actually "Awards & Upgrades".
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
The answer is right above.
Thanks a lot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.