Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WOW, AC MLL Toronto

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
WOW, AC MLL Toronto

I have noticed a steady improvement in most of the MLLs. I am in YYZ MLL International) now and the dinner selection has greatly increased in hot foods and in quality. There are at least 5 main hot dishes now available (chicken in spices, a pork dish, a stuffed mushrooms pasta, noodles, and at least 3 salads, chili, as well as soup, etc. The MLLs were years in the wasteland but now proper attention is being put to them.

Even new dinner sized napkins!!! Finally, those cocktail napkins are gone......should have been replaced years ago.

If all are improved, this is going to pole-vault AC up in the ratings. They are really trying to improve their image as the new AQDs (grumble) come into being and more of us get less in upgrades.

On top of all this, I was selected for the BMW ride between gates. A lovely experience and not a sales pitch at all.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: SE 100K
YVR's MLL is significantly behind YYZ in terms of food offerings etc.

YYC's is on par with YYZ now. And the renovation actually has made it the nicest decor wise IMO. But I have also been impressed with the YYZ food when flying through a few times this year.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
YUL's international makeover should be impressive when finished. But the YUL domestic needs a make over fast. YOW food improvements are good but not as good as YYZ.

These improvements are great. For years I actually have gone to the AMEX lounge in TO rather than the MLL. The food is all cooked right in the lounge kitchens, not shipped in from Chicago!!!

I have been in a lot of lounges around the world, I can now say that my experience tonight ranks in the top 5 of business class lounges (not First Class lounges which are another story).

TK's Istanbul takes the golden carrot or perhaps the golden cherry prize since cherry juice is the national drink.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
TK's Istanbul takes the golden carrot or perhaps the golden cherry prize since cherry juice is the national drink.
YYZ Intl not much to my liking - generally very busy so finding seating with few people difficult, and unlike most lounges, this one is open to the terminal ceiling so I find the sound levels discomforting.

As for IST TK, while I like this lounge, far too busy and again finding seating during peak times difficult, despite the fact they recently opened up the lower level.

And YUL Dom, I remember when this was best lounge in country - but these fond memories too distant as now it is somewhere between a dump and disaster, depending on time of day.

And AC should be ashamed of itself for YVR Intl side - this is gateway to Pacific with a shoehorn lounge that is routinely standing room only.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I've had the pleasure to visit the Dom YUL MLL many times this year (and very recently), and I have found the offering very adequate (but nothing to write home about).

However, I am very fortunate to travel during off-peak time, and find the lounge very quiet with plenty of seating and food constantly served.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 1:33 am

Programs: AC E50K
I was in MLL YVR domestic, YVR US, YYZ domestic last 2 week. Did not notice any improvement since hot food was re-introduced. YVR US has no hot breakfast.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 1:57 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by skybluesea
And AC should be ashamed of itself for YVR Intl side - this is gateway to Pacific with a shoehorn lounge that is routinely standing room only.
You've got to keep in mind, when they built that lounge, a full Int'l flight was less than 450 people...
Old Dec 24, 2015, 5:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
I was surprised by the offerings in the YYZ intl. MLL this past weekend. My previous MLL experience was in the YVR intl. and US MLLs a couple of years ago, and the YYZ MLL was much nicer.
Previous posters have commented on the openness and the fact that you can hear the noise from the gate area below, but other than a couple of speaker announcements, I didn't really notice it.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by skybluesea
YYZ Intl not much to my liking - generally very busy so finding seating with few people difficult, and unlike most lounges, this one is open to the terminal ceiling so I find the sound levels discomforting.

As for IST TK, while I like this lounge, far too busy and again finding seating during peak times difficult, despite the fact they recently opened up the lower level.

And YUL Dom, I remember when this was best lounge in country - but these fond memories too distant as now it is somewhere between a dump and disaster, depending on time of day.

Add YVR transborder lounge to the inadequate list. Food is not monitored and restocked in a timely fashion. Very limited offerings. Something as simple as butter typically not available. Can be crowded. More importantly, often dirty. Great way to showcase the airline, the country......
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
How does the BMW ride work. Where were you driven from and driven to?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by cooleddie
How does the BMW ride work. Where were you driven from and driven to?
For your reference:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...rvice-yyz.html

Best to continue discussions on thread above IMHO.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

All the US Transborder MLLs are quite different from the main MLLs. Passengers spend very little time there....most are in and out fast. High turnover. The MLLs that are international cater to those flying long flights, usually for an hour or more visit or lay over.

The BMW offer is apparently for selected SEs only who are flying on a paid Buz Class ticket. I was selected flying on a P fare in Buz Class. Those using up-grades are not selected which is unfortunate. They have 2 vehicles at YYZ to run you on the ground between the gates from 7am till not sure when at night. It was a very courteous experience. Reminded me of some of the good old days when CP ran a top notch service.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
All the US Transborder MLLs are quite different from the main MLLs. Passengers spend very little time there....most are in and out fast. High turnover. The MLLs that are international cater to those flying long flights, usually for an hour or more visit or lay over.

The BMW offer is apparently for selected SEs only who are flying on a paid Buz Class ticket. I was selected flying on a P fare in Buz Class. Those using up-grades are not selected which is unfortunate. They have 2 vehicles at YYZ to run you on the ground between the gates from 7am till not sure when at night. It was a very courteous experience. Reminded me of some of the good old days when CP ran a top notch service.
I was flying on a Y fare that had been /u/g to J cabin at time of booking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.