Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

"Hi, I'm checked in for my flight tomorrow. Could you please print my boarding pass?"
"We can't touch flights tomorrow. We don't have access in our system."
"I know you can't check me in, but you can print the boarding pass if I'm already checked in."
"No, we can't, we don't have access."
"I've done it here before."
"You can't do it. I know. I work at the airport. You're wrong."
"You can do it."
"No. If you're so sure, go talk to my colleague over there."

"Hi, I'm checked in for my flight tomorrow. Could you please print my boarding pass?"
"We can't do anything for flights tomorrow."
"I know you can't check me in, but you can print the boarding pass if I'm already checked in."
"I don't think we can."
"Could you please try?"
"Okay let's see. What flight are you on?"
"1308."
"I've never heard of that flight. Is that Air Canada?"
"Yes"
"To where?"
"Toronto"
"Oh wow that must be a new flight number.........oh hey it worked, here's your boarding pass."

Then the other agent came over and continued being a douche.

I explained to her that there is a very big difference between telling a customer that he's wrong and you're right (especially when the opposite is true), and saying "I don't know if that's possible, I've never done that" or whatnot.

I need a drink.
totti, fairhsa, folkart and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Aren't there check-in kiosks where you can print it yourself?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
I don't think they let you do it more than 12 hours in advance.

And I want the nice BP stock, not the flimsy crap the kiosks spit out.

Not that this is at all relevant to the issue.
N1120A likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
At what point should AC compensate F/F for coaching their people?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
But they work at the airport and you don't. Ergo, you're wrong.

Seriously, my blood boils when I read stuff like this. This is a great example of how to fail at customer service. Good on you for taking up the agent's challenge and going to the colleague.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
This is why I don't like Air Canada non-management ground staff. The overall quality is just shoddy.

I remember how pleasant it was to check in when the unionized employees went on strike and management handled the check in. This was several years ago when everyone said the sky was going to fall. Check in was such a pleasure when the unionized employees went on strike.

They should also realize that the SEs probably have more experience than they do in terms of deliverables.
Noob1ee likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cooleddie
This is why I don't like Air Canada non-management ground staff. The overall quality is just shoddy.

I remember how pleasant it was to check in when the unionized employees went on strike and management handled the check in. This was several years ago when everyone said the sky was going to fall. Check in was such a pleasure when the unionized employees went on strike.

They should also realize that the SEs probably have more experience than they do in terms of deliverables.
But SHE works at the AIRPORT.
Celavia likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:43 pm

I don't think this is a union issue... I've had bad check in experiences at outport stations too.

"Good help is hard to find"
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
They should be programmed to allow you to check in 24 hrs ahead since you can do it from home but they're not. I run into this a lot when I fly into YEG at night and out to go north in the AM when I know the airport will be a zoo in the morning.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by YZF_Elite
They should be programmed to allow you to check in 24 hrs ahead since you can do it from home but they're not. I run into this a lot when I fly into YEG at night and out to go north in the AM when I know the airport will be a zoo in the morning.
Check-in Agent can do up to to 12 hours check-in and kiosk is 6 hours.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: various
Just went through something kinda similar. Was trying to book an itinerary on the AC corporate rewards website.

The regular AC website would give me the itinerary but it wouldn't work on the Corp Rewards site. There was clearly a glitch which would not show business class on one of the legs and screwed up the pricing of the whole ticket.

Talked to reservations, they swore up and down it wasn't a glitch but a "fare rule" that didn't allow the itinerary (even though it allowed it on the AC site). After two hours and going through two agents and a lead that swore they and the system was right - the lead agent sheepishly came back and said they didn't understand why it wasn't working and would issue the ticket manually.

No apology, nothing - just the $5,500 ticket and itinerary I wanted to buy in the first place. I'm afraid "customer service" or ticketing system knowledge is not their forte at AC.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 6:06 pm

Several times in the Maritimes have had knowledgeable agents change the date in the system to 'tomorrow' allowing check in and boarding pass issuance the day before.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Of course, you could have saved some AC staff from this incredibly trying ordeal had you simply printed your own BP.

Please remember to act more like self-loading baggage in future. Your co-operation is appreciated.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Hilarious, I completely understand, you a douche bag for an agent.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:02 pm

In another thread, on another planet far, far away, an agent is posting to her fellow employees how she dealt with the annoying passenger who couldn't print his own boarding pass because the paper was too flimsy
Boarding pass paper was too flimsy.
A boarding pass
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Hilarious, I completely understand, you a douche bag for an agent.
You think the agent could write a sentence without omitting words?
AStarr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.