Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
In another thread, on another planet far, far away, an agent is posting to her fellow employees how she dealt with the annoying passenger who couldn't print his own boarding pass because the paper was too flimsy
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Hilarious, I completely understand, you a douche bag for an agent.
You think the agent could write a sentence without omitting words?
So... What are these agents being paid for?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
And I want the nice BP stock, not the flimsy crap the kiosks spit out.

Not that this is at all relevant to the issue.
Completely relevant. Paper BPs are a travesty.

Cheers
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by pewpew
[SIZE=1]So... What are these agents being paid for?
They're paid to print boarding passes on rugged, durable paper.

Not defending the agent. She needs training no doubt.
Just the general theme of people almost looking to be offended and affected by the airline they continue to choose ... And the eagerness to post the fallout from same
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:08 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
They're paid to print boarding passes on rugged, durable paper.

Not defending the agent. She needs training no doubt.
Just the general theme of people almost looking to be offended and affected by the airline they continue to choose ... And the eagerness to post the fallout from same

Almost looking to be offended? Rest assured, that one need not look to be offended with some AC employees. I do see your point in this specific case. It's somewhat "Sheldon Cooper" to obsess over a piece of paper. The paper BP is adequate. However, we can all agree, that the AC employee could have handled it better.

As an aside, some people will be in for a shock when they see the transition to standard paper stock from cardboard. Many airlines have already implemented what look like cash register receipts as BP and baggage checks. It's coming. My recent flights' BPs on Thai Smile, and NOK were flimsy receipts.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Correct response to "I work at the airport":

"Yes, but I live here."
OMCA likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Reminded me of asking in the YYZ International lounge to have my boarding passes for *A connecting flights in Europe printed. I was told that the system would only print AC boarding passes, when I asked for a concierge she said she was one. I told her I had had it done many times in many countries and finally ( took seconds once inputted) got it done. She said she didn't know it could be done....
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:46 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Reminds me of an AC call centre rep who claimed R space had to be available for upgrading from a Lat fare (wrong - P) and I wasn't within the booking window (can be requested anytime). Or an AA gate agent who claimed he could not input my BA number to the reservation because "they don't award miles to BA".

There will always be people who are less knowledgeable with regards to the job they're doing - and this is not unique to AC or to the airline industry for that matter. The distinction is in how the situation is handled, and in this case the AC agent failed miserably at customer service.

BTW Cow, which airport was this?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
I appreciate the sturdy BPs because the thin kiosk ones are easily crumpled and torn.

Regarding the airport staff I feel bad for those passengers (I sometimes fall in this category) who don't know all the rules or which policies to follow so they have to take the agent's word. Thanks to FT I was able to confidently do a free SDC between YVR-YYC a few month ago after two of three agents said 'ooh, that's probably going to cost you'. It's not as bad as saying 'you're wrong' of course but those comments could have persuaded others to forgo standby and wait the three hours.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Far Siren
BTW Cow, which airport was this?
YVR.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Often airline agents (phone or airport) lie if they think this will save their time. Sometimes the stuff they make up is amazing.
switch007 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
YVR.
Are you a cow or a penguin? They're very different animals, although they do seem to get along with each other.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you a cow or a penguin? They're very different animals, although they do seem to get along with each other.
It's irrelevant. The question which was asked was what airport it was at, and the airport was yvr.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: AC E75K; SPG Gold; IHG Ambassador; NEXUS
Originally Posted by folkart
Reminded me of asking in the YYZ International lounge to have my boarding passes for *A connecting flights in Europe printed. I was told that the system would only print AC boarding passes, when I asked for a concierge she said she was one. I told her I had had it done many times in many countries and finally ( took seconds once inputted) got it done. She said she didn't know it could be done....
Similar--I'm checking in at AC counter for YYZ-MUC-MAD and ask if they can print my boarding pass from MUC to MAD (LH flight). "Sorry sir, we can't do that here, but they can do it in the MLL.

A few minutes later in the MLL. "Sorry sir, we can't do that here; you'll have to wait until you arrive in Munich."

Next morning now, in Senator lounge in MUC. "Here's your boarding pass, sir; but why didn't they just print it in Toronto?"
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:02 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by MB24
Similar--I'm checking in at AC counter for YYZ-MUC-MAD and ask if they can print my boarding pass from MUC to MAD (LH flight). "Sorry sir, we can't do that here, but they can do it in the MLL.

A few minutes later in the MLL. "Sorry sir, we can't do that here; you'll have to wait until you arrive in Munich."

Next morning now, in Senator lounge in MUC. "Here's your boarding pass, sir; but why didn't they just print it in Toronto?"
Ridiculous... in certain circumstances they can't print the BP if the flight is too far in the future, but for LH they should almost always be able to.

Reminds me of a complex ticket I booked last week involving flights on LH, AC and UA. First two agents I called claimed "I don't see this availability" or "we can only book flights with AC flight numbers" or "this ticket will cost you $10k"

Third agent took the flight numbers, dates, city pairs and booking classes and priced out exactly what I had found online.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by MB24

I laughed so hard - this happens routinely, but on occasion have had Concierge show up at bridge with BP, so how do they know I don't have one printed.

Suggestion for CC, get bar-code tattooed on your forehead and get it registered as permanent BP - save a lot of time especially for EYW.

BEST Wishes IN NEW Year TO All

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.