New Android App

Old Aug 19, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
There have also been reviews saying AC App ate up 500MB worth of data in two weeks.......
Old Aug 20, 2016, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
There have also been reviews saying AC App ate up 500MB worth of data in two weeks.......
It's used 200MB of data since June 14 for me, and that includes all my EYW flying, which would certainly put me at the top of the spectrum.

But then again, I was typically on wifi whenever possible.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I had to actually "silence" the notifications today. Luckily Android lets you do that. It no longer vibrates or chimes when they send me 40 notifications that my flight is about to start boarding.
Lucky you. I get NO notifications now. Been at the wrong gate twice now.

One extreme or another.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:26 pm

And look at that. They launch an app update to fix the N crashes the day N is "released".

I don't understand why they couldn't have pushed it out months ago. But at least it works now without any special hacking.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 7:23 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Anyone else having problems with the Android app lately?

Since at least Thursday, I'm consistently getting this error:

I've restarted the app, restarted my phone, even uninstalled the app completely and yet I keep getting this.

The phone isn't in flight mode, I'm connected to the Internet (I'm posting on FT, aren't I?) and I get the message whether I'm n mobile data or WiFi.

Frustrating, because the app is completely useless. Quite literally, since nothing at all functions.

Another #ACITfail.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Duplicate.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by adam.smith
Anyone else having problems with the Android app lately?

Since at least Thursday, I'm consistently getting this error:

I've restarted the app, restarted my phone, even uninstalled the app completely and yet I keep getting this.

The phone isn't in flight mode, I'm connected to the Internet (I'm posting on FT, aren't I?) and I get the message whether I'm n mobile data or WiFi.

Frustrating, because the app is completely useless. Quite literally, since nothing at all functions.

Another #ACITfail.
I can't see the error message in your post, so I'm not sure what it is. The AC app is working normally on my Samsung S7. I'm not sure if it's Android related, related to my Samsung, or something else, but I can't get Facebook to work properly on my Samsung. Maybe the AC app isn't happy with whatever combination of hardware and operating system you have, like FB on my phone.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by arf04
I can't see the error message in your post, so I'm not sure what it is. The AC app is working normally on my Samsung S7. I'm not sure if it's Android related, related to my Samsung, or something else, but I can't get Facebook to work properly on my Samsung. Maybe the AC app isn't happy with whatever combination of hardware and operating system you have, like FB on my phone.
This appears to the be the image that adam.smith was attempting to post... Note this is his screenshot, not mine. I don't even have the AC app installed as it provided no value-add for me over chrome.
Attached Images  

Last edited by DrunkCargo; Nov 27, 2016 at 3:32 pm Reason: Un-gigantified the image so it's not crazy big...
Old Nov 27, 2016, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
This appears to the be the image that adam.smith was attempting to post... Note this is his screenshot, not mine. I don't even have the AC app installed as it provided no value-add for me over chrome.
Thanks. I've not found the android app to be useful, nor the iPad one.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Its almost 2017

AND AC App still ask me to input my reservation number to track flight AFTER I log in ....

Save us from this madness Cow.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Its almost 2017

AND AC App still ask me to input my reservation number to track flight AFTER I log in ....

Save us from this madness Cow.
Haha my app got pseudo-suspended from the Play Store because the name apparently comes too close to infringing on "some company's" trademark.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
It's working fine on my S7 Edge (Facebook works too). Sometimes uninstalling and trying again can help.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:35 am

So, since my earlier post (sorry about the busted image link, not sure what happened - thanks, DrunkCargo), I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app - multiple times. I've power cycled the phone. I've updated the OS and reinstalled the app after that.

Absolutely nothing I do seems to get this app working again, I get the same nonsense error every time.

This is ridiculous, even by AC's standards.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by adam.smith
So, since my earlier post (sorry about the busted image link, not sure what happened - thanks, DrunkCargo), I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app - multiple times. I've power cycled the phone. I've updated the OS and reinstalled the app after that.

Absolutely nothing I do seems to get this app working again, I get the same nonsense error every time.

This is ridiculous, even by AC's standards.
Pretty strange. I just used the app on my S6 to check in for my flights today and tomorrow with no issue. I doubt you have yours overloaded, I currently have 24 booked flights listed in my "your flights" section.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:42 am

I actually just fired up the app on my Android tablet (Galaxy Tab S2) and it works fine there.

Clearly there's some issue with my phone and the app. I'm guessing that something got busted and whatever part of the app was broken, that part somehow isn't being cleaned out when I uninstall and reinstall.

Anyone with more knowledge of Android than me have any ideas how to clean this up?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.