Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Official Fare Bucket Check Request Thread

Old Jun 6, 18, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
PLEASE NOTE SEAT MAPS ARE IRRELEVANT TO AVAILABILITY!!!

A few FlyerTalkers with access to ExpertFlyer are willing to use their subscriptions to look up availability for fellow FTers. Please note that ExpertFlyer offers free 5-day trials, and subscriptions are reasonably priced at US$4.99 per month for a Basic account and US$9.99 per month (US$99.99 per year); consider subscribing as opposed to posting in this thread.

If you would like to request availability, please include in your post:
  • Route (e.g. YYC-YYZ)
  • Date (e.g. September 5)
  • Flight number (e.g. 142)

Note that EF searches are by route and by date (see this post for details).

Although it's not hard to look up the route that corresponds to a flight number, please be respectful of the time of those who are volunteering (and using their paid EF subscriptions) to research your request by saving them the time of also looking up that ACxxx is a flight from AAA to BBB.
Print Wikipost

The Official Fare Bucket Check Request Thread

Old Jul 29, 22, 9:00 pm
  #871  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Programs: BA silver, aeroplan
Posts: 956
Originally Posted by The Macker View Post
thanks so much. I’m confused as to why the 321’s have 0 R space available yet it appears no seats have been sold and reward tickets are very available. Does this mean no eupgrades are available ?? We fly this route and have nearly always been able to secure Eupgrades from Y-flex fares granted it’s been over the summer.
aircrashsurvivor is offline  
Old Jul 31, 22, 7:04 am
  #872  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Halifax
Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
Posts: 3,952
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor View Post
thanks so much. I’m confused as to why the 321’s have 0 R space available yet it appears no seats have been sold and reward tickets are very available. Does this mean no eupgrades are available ?? We fly this route and have nearly always been able to secure Eupgrades from Y-flex fares granted it’s been over the summer.
The only thing for certain you can get from R0 is there are 0 eUps slots available exactly then. You don't know how many seats have been sold, and rewards don't draw from R. Or, at least, AP rewards do not, and others, not quite.
RangerNS is offline  
Old Jul 31, 22, 7:21 am
  #873  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: YOW
Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Posts: 4,913
Originally Posted by RangerNS View Post
The only thing for certain you can get from R0 is there are 0 eUps slots available exactly then. You don't know how many seats have been sold, and rewards don't draw from R. Or, at least, AP rewards do not, and others, not quite.
Pretty much.

R0 now doesn’t mean it’ll stay R0 tomorrow, but R9 now could also turn into R0 this afternoon.

*Generally speaking* if a flight is J9 R0, one can reasonably infer that they believe they’ve got a pretty solid chance of selling those seats.
YOWgary is offline  
Old Jul 31, 22, 10:33 am
  #874  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Programs: BA silver, aeroplan
Posts: 956
Originally Posted by YOWgary View Post
Pretty much.

R0 now doesn’t mean it’ll stay R0 tomorrow, but R9 now could also turn into R0 this afternoon.

*Generally speaking* if a flight is J9 R0, one can reasonably infer that they believe they’ve got a pretty solid chance of selling those seats.
Ah: ok then. That is most helpful. The flights with R available are available for eups “now” and it’s fluid…those with J space but no R space have seats for sale but not for eups. It might change they might add R space but they don’t have to
I guess we just keep an eye and book closer to the flight and on one that has R space for us to eup into if we are flexible in that regard
interesting that the wide bodies to MCO have lots of R space but the A321 rouge has none.
aircrashsurvivor is offline  
Old Aug 4, 22, 10:22 am
  #875  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Calgary,AB
Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA
Posts: 1,215
Would someone be so kind to check this one:

AC 156 Thur Aug 11 12:10 am YYC-YYZ

Thankyou
muskoka is offline  
Old Aug 4, 22, 10:30 am
  #876  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Programs: AC 75K
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by muskoka View Post
would someone be so kind to check this one:

Ac 156 thur aug 11 12:10 am yyc-yyz

thankyou
ac156

j9 c9 d9 z9 p9 r9 o9 e9 a9 n4 y9 b9 m9 u9 h9 q9 v9 w5 s1 t0 l0 k0 g0 f0
Skipfairweather is offline  
Old Aug 4, 22, 10:33 am
  #877  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Posts: 5,176
Originally Posted by Skipfairweather View Post
ac156

j9 c9 d9 z9 p9 r9 o9 e9 a9 n4 y9 b9 m9 u9 h9 q9 v9 w5 s1 t0 l0 k0 g0 f0

R9 a week out? To YYZ? On a widebody?

​​​​​​​Maybe I should move to YYC.
YOWgary likes this.
Bohemian1 is online now  
Old Aug 4, 22, 10:57 am
  #878  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Calgary,AB
Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA
Posts: 1,215
Originally Posted by Bohemian1 View Post
R9 a week out? To YYZ? On a widebody?

Maybe I should move to YYC.
Yup. I'm pinching myself and holding my breath. I'm a lowly 25K and this e-upgrade thing is a new world for me.
This flt was upgauged from a 788 to a 77L a few weeks ago which increased # of J seats to 40.
On a redeye, the pods would be sweet!
Bohemian1 and Skipfairweather like this.
muskoka is offline  
Old Aug 6, 22, 5:39 pm
  #879  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 1
Would greatly appreciate if someone could check the following flights for me:

AC890, Sep 06 2022 at 20:50, YYZ to FCO
AC891, Sep 24 2022 at 11:30, FCO to YYZ

please and thanks so much!
YOWcanuck is offline  
Old Aug 7, 22, 3:08 am
  #880  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 217
Originally Posted by YOWcanuck View Post
Would greatly appreciate if someone could check the following flights for me:

AC890, Sep 06 2022 at 20:50, YYZ to FCO
AC891, Sep 24 2022 at 11:30, FCO to YYZ

please and thanks so much!
AC 890 YYZ 8:50p → FCO 11:15a
J0 C0 D0 Z0 P0 R0 O0 E0 A0 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S0 T0 L0 K0 F0

AC 891 FCO 11:30a → YYZ 3:00p
J5 C0 D0 Z0 P0 R0 O0 E0 A0 N0 Y9 B9 M3 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 F0
YOWcanuck likes this.
Joroy70 is offline  
Old Aug 9, 22, 7:18 pm
  #881  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Programs: aeroplan
Posts: 4
Hello! On the advice of the wise ones on this forum, I am checking in again - 2-3 weeks prior to my flight - to see if a kind soul who looks up EF could let me know if there are biz class available on my flight before I bid.

To recap: I am making my first trip back home (YYZ-SIN) in three years (!) and I was looking to submit a bid for the YYZ-NRT portion of the itinerary. I will be taking AC21 on Sep 2 EST at 1335. I am currently in Premium Economy.

As I am really new to the world of bidding and upgrades, I would be grateful if someone could advise on whether there is a rule of thumb for deciding when to put in more than a minimum bid, once you know the number of biz class seats available.

Thank you so much for your help!
Scherazade is offline  
Old Aug 9, 22, 7:23 pm
  #882  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SYD
Programs: Asiana Diamond+, Qantas Gold, Virgin Gold
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by Scherazade View Post
Hello! On the advice of the wise ones on this forum, I am checking in again - 2-3 weeks prior to my flight - to see if a kind soul who looks up EF could let me know if there are biz class available on my flight before I bid.

To recap: I am making my first trip back home (YYZ-SIN) in three years (!) and I was looking to submit a bid for the YYZ-NRT portion of the itinerary. I will be taking AC21 on Sep 2 EST at 1335. I am currently in Premium Economy.

As I am really new to the world of bidding and upgrades, I would be grateful if someone could advise on whether there is a rule of thumb for deciding when to put in more than a minimum bid, once you know the number of biz class seats available.

Thank you so much for your help!
First off, have a great trip home! I was based in Singapore for a number of years and do miss a lot of my old haunts (and hawkers 🤤 )

Availability still looks fairly good. 9+ minimum left in business, with only a few of the lowest fare codes with limited availability. Still some time to go, but I'd say your chances are decent. (I was on an ANA flight in J a few weeks ago from LAX and the flight was very empty, as Japan's entry requirements are still quite limited).

Scherazade likes this.
navigator4309 is offline  
Old Aug 9, 22, 9:16 pm
  #883  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE, Marriott Gold Elite, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Posts: 96
Friday Sept 2
AC874
YUL CDG

Sunday Sept 4
AC875
CDG YUL

Please and thank you.
yeeg is offline  
Old Aug 9, 22, 9:24 pm
  #884  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Toronto, ON
Programs: AC 75K
Posts: 6,028
Originally Posted by yeeg View Post
Friday Sept 2
AC874
YUL CDG

Sunday Sept 4
AC875
CDG YUL

Please and thank you.
Here you go:

AC874: J9 C9 D9 Z9 P4 R0 O3 E0 A0 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K0

AC875: J9 C9 D9 Z6 P4 R2 O4 E0 A0 N0 Y9 B9M9 U9 H9 Q9 V0 W6 S0 T0 L0 K0
ChrisA330 is offline  
Old Aug 10, 22, 6:20 pm
  #885  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 35
Hi. New to the world of 25k!
can someone please let me know how much R space is left on my flight?

YVR - YYZ
FLIGHT 108
August 20th

Thank you in advance!
inar is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread