FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   [LIMITED ACCESS] The Official Fare Bucket Check Request Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1731866-limited-access-official-fare-bucket-check-request-thread.html)

Yhztraveller Feb 8, 2016 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim (Post 26152582)
You need to look for "X" availability for an economy reward seat (or "I" for business). Doing a quick search on EF, it looks like 1218 is J7 I0 Y8 X0 while 1219 is J2 I0 Y2 X0.

J7Y8 on the outbound means there are 7 business class seats and 8 economy class seats available for sale on your outbound while J2 Y2 means there's a pair of each available on the return. Not much of a surprise that there are no rewards available for either flight.

My question is, why does AC 1219 show availability for 4 aeroplan seats when I go on aeroplan even though X0, I0, and Y2, but AC 1218 shows no availability with obviously many more seats available. I understand about X and I.

By the way, how do you find X and I on EF?

Yhztraveller Feb 8, 2016 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 26152707)
You know what... After rereading both yhztraveller's and winnipegrev's posts, I actually don't understand what they're both saying... :p

Simple terms: how come there are 4 aeroplan seats available on AC1219 but none available on AC1218?

ffsim Feb 8, 2016 12:57 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 26152726)
My question is, why does AC 1219 show availability for 4 aeroplan seats when I go on aeroplan even though X0, I0, and Y2, but AC 1218 shows no availability with obviously many more seats available. I understand about X and I.

Honestly, I have absolutely no clue, sorry! And apologies, I didn't mean to imply that you didn't understand X and I... I guess I just wanted to explain it :D

By the way, how do you find X and I on EF?

Have a look at the attachment to see how I configured the search for your itinerary.

Attachment 1650

Yhztraveller Feb 8, 2016 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim (Post 26152779)
Honestly, I have absolutely no clue, sorry! And apologies, I didn't mean to imply that you didn't understand X and I... I guess I just wanted to explain it :D

No problem. I feel better knowing that someone else is a clueless as I am! :D

Have a look at the attachment to see how I configured the search for your itinerary.

Attachment 1650

I did the same thing in EF, but do not get results for E and I. I assume no results means E0 I0.

I should probably grab the 4 aeroplan on 1219, as it appears to be a mistake, but I won't be able to add my UFP segment, given the lack of availability. That would mean I would have to travel separately from the rest of my family. Hmmm, maybe that is a good idea! :cool:

yyznomad Feb 8, 2016 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 26152740)
Simple terms: how come there are 4 aeroplan seats available on AC1219 but none available on AC1218?

Ok. I recreated your searches on EF and AE (since I am also SE) and see what you mean...

Time for the AE experts here to chime in :) I am curious now. You'd think 1219 is "more sold/oversold" than 1218, yet there is still availability on 1219...

AAerSTL Feb 8, 2016 5:11 pm

Greetings AC FTers:
I am just dropping by here before an upcoming AC 84/85 788 trip to TLV. I figured this would be the most germane thread to address my question (forgive me if it has already been answered):

There seems to be a discrepancy between what the aircanada.com and U.S. based call center (800-247-2262) is telling me on inventory for the Business/Executive cabin versus ExpertFlyer. Is this usual? I am also surprised because there are significantly more unassigned seats in J-cabin for my flight than available inventory. [[Yes, I know seat maps do not indicate flight loads, but I suspect on such a long flight most pax select their seats at time of booking]]. Already booked a P-fare just wanted to get a sense of how full the flight is as I believe Y is oversold, and W is likely sold out.

Otherwise looking forward to flying the AC 788, it looks like a great product and AC has really done a phenomenal job enhancing the product (which IMO wasn't even deficient). Thanks.

D582 Feb 8, 2016 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by AAerSTL (Post 26154047)
Greetings AC FTers:
I am just dropping by here before an upcoming AC 84/85 788 trip to TLV. I figured this would be the most germane thread to address my question (forgive me if it has already been answered):

There seems to be a discrepancy between what the aircanada.com and U.S. based call center (800-247-2262) is telling me on inventory for the Business/Executive cabin versus ExpertFlyer. Is this usual? I am also surprised because there are significantly more unassigned seats in J-cabin for my flight than available inventory. [[Yes, I know seat maps do not indicate flight loads, but I suspect on such a long flight most pax select their seats at time of booking]]. Already booked a P-fare just wanted to get a sense of how full the flight is as I believe Y is oversold, and W is likely sold out.

Otherwise looking forward to flying the AC 788, it looks like a great product and AC has really done a phenomenal job enhancing the product (which IMO wasn't even deficient). Thanks.

ExpertFlyer displays inventory that AC has distributed via a GDS (a lot of EF data comes from Sabre) and would be dependent on the point-of-sale used (EF supports USA and UK points of sale). It will also be dependent on the entire itinerary (i.e. your profile says you are in Boston, so BOS-YYZ-TLV can show very different inventory on the YYZ-TLV segment than if you just searched for YYZ-TLV).

AC reservations would show the inventory they are willing to sell directly. It is certainly possible for them to not distribute all of their inventory via other channels.

Regarding seat selection, bookings made on AC's website will in general auto-assign a seat. However, bookings made via AC reservations will not. Neither will bookings made via a GDS, other third-party websites, codeshares etc.

D582 Feb 8, 2016 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 26152877)
Ok. I recreated your searches on EF and AE (since I am also SE) and see what you mean...

Time for the AE experts here to chime in :) I am curious now. You'd think 1219 is "more sold/oversold" than 1218, yet there is still availability on 1219...

My understanding is SE Priority Rewards for Economy are based on actual loads.

So if a plane has 100 physical seats in Y, then you can book priority rewards as long as the number of seats booked is less than 100.

All the availability displays show is how many seats in each class that AC is willing sell based on your entire itinerary. So yes, it is possible that a flight showing Y8 is sold out or oversold, whereas a flight showing Y2 has 4 or more seats physically available.

AAerSTL Feb 8, 2016 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by D582 (Post 26154143)
ExpertFlyer displays inventory that AC has distributed via a GDS (a lot of EF data comes from Sabre) and would be dependent on the point-of-sale used (EF supports USA and UK points of sale). It will also be dependent on the entire itinerary (i.e. your profile says you are in Boston, so BOS-YYZ-TLV can show very different inventory on the YYZ-TLV segment than if you just searched for YYZ-TLV).

AC reservations would show the inventory they are willing to sell directly. It is certainly possible for them to not distribute all of their inventory via other channels.

Regarding seat selection, bookings made on AC's website will in general auto-assign a seat. However, bookings made via AC reservations will not. Neither will bookings made via a GDS, other third-party websites, codeshares etc.

Thanks very much for the detailed response! Very helpful and informative.

Yhztraveller Feb 9, 2016 9:29 am

Originally Posted by D582 (Post 26154191)
My understanding is SE Priority Rewards for Economy are based on actual loads.

So if a plane has 100 physical seats in Y, then you can book priority rewards as long as the number of seats booked is less than 100.

All the availability displays show is how many seats in each class that AC is willing sell based on your entire itinerary. So yes, it is possible that a flight showing Y8 is sold out or oversold, whereas a flight showing Y2 has 4 or more seats physically available.

Thanks, not sure why there would be availability that they would not be willing to sell, unless it had something to do with AC Vacations having a block of seats.

Still doesn't explain why 1218 shows no availability for aeroplan??

Jumper Jack Feb 9, 2016 10:46 am

Hey all

If someone could check the following two flights for me, it would be much appreciated!

AC148 Friday, Feb 12th
AC149 Sunday, Feb 21st

Anyway to see if the flight is oversold?

Thanks

ffsim Feb 9, 2016 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Jack Jia (Post 26157655)
Hey all

If someone could check the following two flights for me, it would be much appreciated!

AC148 Friday, Feb 12th
AC149 Sunday, Feb 21st

Anyway to see if the flight is oversold?

Thanks

Both flights don't appear to be oversold at this point, although 148 seems to be getting full:

148: J9 C9 D7 Z6 P4 R0 Y9 B9 M9 U8 H6 Q3 V1 W0 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0
149: J9 C9 D8 Z7 P6 R0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 G9 S9 T9 L9 A9 K9

Jumper Jack Feb 9, 2016 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim (Post 26158284)
Both flights don't appear to be oversold at this point, although 148 seems to be getting full:

148: J9 C9 D7 Z6 P4 R0 Y9 B9 M9 U8 H6 Q3 V1 W0 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0
149: J9 C9 D8 Z7 P6 R0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 G9 S9 T9 L9 A9 K9

Do you think its worth it to play aerolotto on 148?

ffsim Feb 9, 2016 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Jack Jia (Post 26158314)
Do you think its worth it to play aerolotto on 148?

As an E35? You might as well try since you have to use your eUpgrade credits on something, but make sure you eat in the MLL beforehand.

Jumper Jack Feb 9, 2016 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim (Post 26158342)
As an E35? You might as well try since you have to use your eUpgrade credits on something, but make sure you eat in the MLL beforehand.

I really hope they stop serving those sandwiches in YVR DOM, Hated them so much that I just ate a few biscuits last time and bought BIZ Class meal on the flight lmao. I will take breakfast over those any day.