Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Official Fare Bucket Check Request Thread

The Official Fare Bucket Check Request Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 26, 19, 3:34 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: yyznomad
Wiki Link
Attention: You DO NOT need ExpertFlyer to do a simple fare availability check! READ LOWER IN THIS WIKI FOR DETAILS regarding the BCD Availability site.

FARE AVAILABILITY REQUESTS

For those of you inquiring about fare class availability but don't have access to EF or KVS, then you can use this thread to make your request.
At a minimum (mandatory), please provide:
1. Operating Airline
2. Flight Number (airport to airport name not necessary but wouldn't hurt to include)
3. Date of travel (or multiple dates for flexibility)

It may be helpful (optional) to also include:
4. The specific fare class(es) you are interested in (if applicable)
5. If the flight(s) you are inquiring about are part of a multi-segment itinerary, it may be helpful to include all segments (e.g. A -> B -> C) even if you only care about one of them.

ALTERNATIVE: DIY!

BCD Travel Tool for Fare Availability

FYI for those of you who don't have access to EF or KVS and feel that doing your own query suffices... this is a free availability checker site (BCD) from one of the travel blogger sites:
CLICK HERE for BCD Travel Fare Availability Tool

1. The "hover over" results can be copied and then pasted to a document editor, however, you may want to manually format the results to your liking
2. It doesn't return any fare class that is zeroed out, so for example, if you are looking for "R" and it doesn't show on the returned fare classes, it simply means that it is R0.
3. This is "bare bones" and doesn't have features like alerts, saved queries, etc.
4. You can only search for dates starting from today to within 10 months from today.
5. Requires Captcha (human) verification, so it can get annoying if you're doing multiple successive queries

Example of what the hover over result looks like:

BookingClass - Seat Availability
J - 9
C - 9
D - 9
Z - 9
P - 9
R - 3
O - 7
E - 6
Y - 9
B - 9
M - 9
U - 9
H - 9
Q - 9
V - 9
W - 9
G - 9
S - 9

Print Wikipost

Old Dec 16, 15, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by xray View Post
I also answer the sporadic request for EF info but I do also think the people who ask (more than once) are somewhat cheap. I'll give them a pass if they don't travel much or have no upgrade opportunities (but then why are they on FT ?)

If you value something, you should financially support it so that it is viable and continues to exist. It's also not a huge expense in the relative scheme of things.
Agreed. The serial asker will not get responses from me.

I still say let this thread be the de facto and people will quickly notice the one-off requester vs. the serial requester.
Old Dec 16, 15, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K/*G, WS Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Agreed. The serial asker will not get responses from me.

I still say let this thread be the de facto and people will quickly notice the one-off requester vs. the serial requester.
Agreed, limit the requests to one thread to control requestors.
Old Dec 16, 15, 10:16 am

Could someone help me out? Trying to decide whether to book now or wait a day or 2 - can someone post fare bucket availability for AC 1532 Dec 22?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 16, 15, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Canibus View Post
Could someone help me out? Trying to decide whether to book now or wait a day or 2 - can someone post fare bucket availability for AC 1532 Dec 22?

Thanks in advance!
Looks like oversold in Y and only 5 J seats to be sold.

Results from ExpertFlyer.com

Flight Availability Search
Departing YUL on 12/22/15 12:00 AM for AZS
Flying AC
Direct/Non-Stop Only
Don't Show Interline Connections

Frequency
Flight Stops Depart Arrive Aircraft Reliability Available Classes
0 Connections
AC 1532 0 YUL AZS 319 T,F J5 C5 D5 Z4 P0 R0 Y0 B0 M0 UC HC QC VC WC GC SC TC LC AC KC
12/22/15 10:10 AM 12/22/15 3:30 PM 78% / 30m
Old Dec 16, 15, 10:50 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Programs: ACA
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
People pirating movies/tv shows/software would not be paying for it regardless. Therefore it should be legal.
Not sure I understand your point. Please elaborate.
Old Dec 16, 15, 10:59 am

Flying AC
Direct/Non-Stop Only

Frequency
0 Connections
AC 1532 0 YUL AZS 319 T,F J5 C5 D5 Z4 P0 R0 Y0 B0 M0 UC HC QC VC WC GC SC TC LC AC KC
Thanks YYZNomad!
Old Dec 16, 15, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by PLeblond View Post
Not sure I understand your point. Please elaborate.
"They wouldn't pay anyway" isn't a valid argument as to why something should be given to them for free.
Old Dec 16, 15, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by PLeblond View Post
Agreed. And it makes sense. I guess its because I don't like people exploiting companies' work to save a few bucks a month. Its not the way I roll.
A lot more people don't like companies exploiting people's hard earned money to make a few bucks more a month.
Old Dec 16, 15, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .875MM, Marriott Gold, Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by kwflyer View Post
A lot more people don't like companies exploiting people's hard earned money to make a few bucks more a month.
Huh???? Someone creates a needed and valuable service and asks to get paid for it? How is that exploiting people's money??

What would be the motivation to spend all of the time and money to create the site if not to be able to make a profit?
Old Dec 16, 15, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .875MM, Marriott Gold, Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc

Flying AC
Direct/Non-Stop Only

Frequency
0 Connections
How do you see that Y is oversold?
Old Dec 16, 15, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller View Post
I don't, hence my "Looks like..." statement.

In such cases where Y is flat out 0, it often means oversell especially if there are J slots open.

For example, 149 today was Y0J0 for the longest time, then recently AC opened up J/R to allow for upgrades.

Anyway, this is just based on my experience, so anyone can take it or leave it.
Old Dec 16, 15, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC*E50 (*A Gold), Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller View Post
AC isn't willing to sell any more economy seats since Y, B, M, U, etc fares are all zero yet they're willing to sell another 5 business seats since J5. I'd read that situation the same as yyznomad -- looks like an oversell in Y.

@Canibus Just to clarify, why are you thinking about waiting a day or two to book? Are you even able to buy an economy ticket for that flight? Y0 suggests none are for sale...

Last edited by ffsim; Dec 16, 15 at 2:33 pm Reason: Direct question to appripriate member
Old Dec 16, 15, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffsim View Post
AC isn't willing to sell any more economy seats since Y, B, M, U, etc fares are all zero yet they're willing to sell another 5 business seats since J5. I'd read that situation the same as yyznomad -- looks like an oversell in Y.

Just to clarify, why are you thinking about waiting a day or two to book? Are you even able to buy an economy ticket for that flight? Y0 suggests none are for sale...
pssss: Canibus asked the question
Old Dec 16, 15, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC*E50 (*A Gold), Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum, NEXUS, Global Entry
pssss: Canibus asked the question
Whoops! Thanks lol
Old Dec 16, 15, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim View Post

@Canibus Just to clarify, why are you thinking about waiting a day or two to book? Are you even able to buy an economy ticket for that flight? Y0 suggests none are for sale...
Looking to buy an ACV package in business class (which books in C) - was trying to get a feel for how many tickets may actually be left... The answer? Not many! :-)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: