Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How do we know when to choose select privileges, and when they have been done?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

My wife has requalified for E50K and I will be requalifying for SE100K in the next 2 weeks (off by 122 AQMs right now).

I believe I have picked my wife's select privileges for next year - but I can not figure out how to confirm that. Looking at her dashboard, it talks about the select privileges she has, but not whether it is 2015 or 2016 select privileges (the plan was to pick the same select privileges for both 2015 and 2016). I see no email to confirm that she has picked 2016 select privileges.

For me, would not there be an option right now to pick E75K privileges. Not that I was going to do anything about it - but right now, I can not see anything on my altitude dashboard account to be able to do that.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you're 122 AQM off of SE, I doubt they'd give you the E75K options. Even if you don't fly, chances are reasonably good that they'd give you SE anyway.

As for your wife, I have no idea. I know I chose my 2016 privileges, but I can't actually confirm that anywhere, because I choose the same options as 2015.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:48 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you're 122 AQM off of SE, I doubt they'd give you the E75K options. Even if you don't fly, chances are reasonably good that they'd give you SE anyway.

As for your wife, I have no idea. I know I chose my 2016 privileges, but I can't actually confirm that anywhere, because I choose the same options as 2015.
The eUps were deposited in my account, so that confirmed it for me.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PLeblond
The eUps were deposited in my account, so that confirmed it for me.
Exactly the way I look at it as well. My E-credits have deposited as well with the February 2017 expiry
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:58 am
YQY

Programs: P25
I just qualified for P25 for the first time, and my dashboard says I've qualified but my current status is "Qualification Pending" it's been like that for about a week now.

I'm in no real rush for anything, but am curious when my status will be confirmed.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Yes, I saw that my wife received those eupgrade credits.

However, there needs to be a more explicit and direct way for AC to confirm that the select privileges have been chosen - first by an email to the customer and then on the dashboard, that the select privileges chose represent those for the 2016 benefit year; rather than listing the select privileges without stating the benefit year that the select privileges are valid for.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: none
choose your select privileges

Having problems selecting 2016 Privileges.
------
Got email from Aeroplan
´choose your 2016 Altitude Elite35K Privileges´
Click-On:´Choose Now´
get a blank page.
Anyone else have these problems??
Ed
Old Dec 13, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
Haven't received mine yet. But, I got early recognition for 35K, so hope to get this invitation soon. Then, I will qualify for 50K on NYE. So, as has happened to me in the past, I hope I get the privileges of both for 2016.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by YVR72
Haven't received mine yet. But, I got early recognition for 35K, so hope to get this invitation soon. Then, I will qualify for 50K on NYE. So, as has happened to me in the past, I hope I get the privileges of both for 2016.
Dont get too excited. Your E50K priv are prorated.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Dont get too excited. Your E50K priv are prorated.
What do you mean prorated? I've had both lots in past years. Perhaps not intended?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Bartolo
What do you mean prorated? I've had both lots in past years. Perhaps not intended?
Example:

E50K you can get 40 eups.
E75K you can get 55 eups.

When you cross E50, you'll get 40. When you hit E75K, you'll get another 15.

In my days, I used to get 40 + 55 = 95.
Now it's supposed to be 40 + 15 = 55

If you got them stacked and not pro-rated, you're lucky
Old Dec 13, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
Damn, I've been lucky before then.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:13 am
Formerly known as tireman77

My brother is at E35 on the altitude page and has 53 segments.

There is no button to select privileges.

Anyone have suggestion on how to proceed, and more importantly, how to make sure its for E50K?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Does he have 25 AC metal segments?

If so, just wait for a sweep.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Does he have 25 AC metal segments?

If so, just wait for a sweep.
Are there still sweeps this year? I passed E35K back in October (after early recognition) and E50K over the weekend, and since then my dashboard has only said "You've reached a higher Altitude status. Beginning early next year, you will be bumped up to your new level of privileges.". I don't think I'll be able to select anything until January.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.