Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SFO: AC moved to T2 (May 2022), MLL now open (June 28, 2023)

SFO: AC moved to T2 (May 2022), MLL now open (June 28, 2023)

Old May 10, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Silver, DL SIlver, Marriott TE/LTPE, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yeah, that's roughly in line with what I was told, but there is an expectation of some C gate usage for the next couple months from what I've heard.
Yes, he said that as well. He also sent me the attached picture about an hour ago of the check-in area. I have to admit I loved INTL G because there was never anyone in the CLEAR line and security was never really every busy, but I'm excited for T2 and the eventual MLL. And until then I'll be spending my PP dollars at Lark Creek Kitchen for some gins.

I'm curious to see how they integrate the 787-9 for the SFO-YYZ routes as there aren't many (any?) larger aircrafts right now that are parked at T2 for AS or DL (but I've been known to be wrong at least 3x a day on various topics).

(PS I'm so happy the 787 is back for SFO-YYZ because I cannot stand the WiFi-less 737-Max 8)

New AC check-in at SFO T2 (left side next to Delta)
Old May 11, 2022, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Looks like SFO T2 ops started today for AC as planned? I see this mornings YYZ flights leaving from D12 and YVR D14. Dad will be going out Mon. From the new area, and our next AC flight scheduled via YVR in June.

AC website definitely not on top of this…US website not noting anything at all, and I didn’t receive an email even though SFO specified as my home airport. FlySFO.com properly notates the move.

anyone know how far the walk would be from Amex Centurion lounge to the D gates via new airside walkway. Never flown ex-SFO T2, but we are on a 9am flight. Assume a bit of a hike since lounge is on the side of T3 closer to international terminal? We will have bags to check, so would need to go from T2 check in to lounge and back if we wanted to go there. Or is it better to check in, take Airtrain to 3, then clear there and walk back airside. Would not even attempt on a later flight since IME, getting into Amex after about 7:30am on and the line isn’t worth waiting for, especially while not departing from 3. Without bags, could at least check in online and enter directly via T3.
Old May 11, 2022, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Depends on your pace, but I'd budget 10 minutes for me (and I've done this walk recently). And I walk quickly.

Airtrain would probably take longer.
emcampbe likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Silver, DL SIlver, Marriott TE/LTPE, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Depends on your pace, but I'd budget 10 minutes for me (and I've done this walk recently). And I walk quickly.

Airtrain would probably take longer.
Agreed. Based upon the amount of Gate Lice hovering around Gates F1-F4 and your ability to bob-and-weave through them, it should take roughly 10-15 tops. Airtrain is hit or miss I find and not worth it. It takes me about 10-12min with my roller and I'm a bit chubbier than the Cow, but I have a quick step.
Old May 11, 2022, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks to you both.

I guess I’ll budget to the 15 minute time…I walk quickly myself…my kids…not so much😀.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 1:39 pm

Lounge for Air Canada flights in SFO T2?

Hello,

I have an upcoming trip flying from SFO-YYZ on business class. It has been a long time since last time I flew this route, but looks like now it's departing from SFO Terminal 2, and the only lounge I can find for that terminal is an Alaska Lounge. I don't think a SA Business ticket can give access to Alaska lounge unfortunately...
I'm wondering if anyone flew this route recently in AC, and how does AC offer the lounge for flights departing from Terminal 2?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: hahaha
T2 is now connected airside to T3 and International G, so you can access any United Club in those terminals

Or if your flight is far enough away, the MLL (T2) might just be open by the time you fly
vernonc likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 1:55 pm

Thanks! Looks like United Club in T3 might be my best bet since I don't wanna walk too far.
I didn't know there's a Maple Leaf Lounge opening soon in SFO but that would be great if AC can have this in T2
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE, A3*G, AA-EP, UA*S,
Yes the UA Club by the E-gates is on the other side of the connector between T2 and T3. Club to the AC gates is a little over 5 minutes. If on a redeye you may need to trek over to the rotunda club (add extra 5-10 min).
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
How far is the Amex Centurion lounge from the AC gates ?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vernonc
How far is the Amex Centurion lounge from the AC gates ?
10-15 minutes, depending on pace.
vernonc likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: AE 50K, Bonvoy Gold, BW Plat, AX AE Reserve, NEXUS, AX Business Plat
Its worth the trek!
yyzgigi likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
Originally Posted by zackzzz
Thanks! Looks like United Club in T3 might be my best bet since I don't wanna walk too far.
I didn't know there's a Maple Leaf Lounge opening soon in SFO but that would be great if AC can have this in T2
the UA lounge is less than a five minute walk to the gate.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mfreeman
Its worth the trek!
to the Amex lounge?

if it’s after ~7:30am, IME, it’s 10-15 minute walk plus wait time, but I haven’t been since March to try to get into Amex, so I suspect worse these days. Also, in terms of Amex lounges, it’s one of the not as good ones for sure…the expansion will definitely help, but most of the food I’ve had there is mediocre at absolute best. If you value free food more, or want alcohol without paying, yeah, it’s fine. If you value quality, there are some places that have much better quality (but admittedly not inexpensive) - Napa Farms Market is good (in T2 and International G), or Kleins in T3.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Lounge at SFO is making progress… signs are going up:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.