Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Should we get 1.5 AQS for flying in Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2015, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23

I noticed United Mileplus program provides 1.5 AQS (PQS in United language).
Air Canada seems to mirror United's program in most aspects including the AQS/AQM PLUS AQD.

Should Air Canada not be providing 1.5 AQS for flying business and 1.25 for plying PE.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: AC S100K
Who's the unicorn that would help?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 9:15 am

With ADQ now in place, 100% milage on Tango fares would have more value and be an intelligent and welcome adjustment by AC
Old Dec 6, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Tbh I don't know why they just don't scrap AQM and AQS altogether. They are an unnecessary metric to determine who your best customers are.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 9:25 am

AC's treatment of those buying (non-discounted) J fares is a joke. Not even first choice of meals, largely shunned by concierges, no way of even contacting concierges by phone, limited miles, limited AQS etc etc

While I recognise that we are in the minority on this Board I'd think AC would treat its highest RASK customers better - but no. I'm one that has spent way more than $20K with AC some years but don't even come close to SE.

And please don't say that full J customers don't need SE benefits - just having what is left of IKK would make a big difference.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:12 am
alc

I would rather AC not mirror UA too much on this as they also have 0 PQS while still 25% PQM for Tango fare. This is the #1 reason and major reasonwhy I didn't move to UA MP.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by BrotherBranwell
AC's treatment of those buying (non-discounted) J fares is a joke. Not even first choice of meals, largely shunned by concierges, no way of even contacting concierges by phone, limited miles, limited AQS etc etc

While I recognise that we are in the minority on this Board I'd think AC would treat its highest RASK customers better - but no. I'm one that has spent way more than $20K with AC some years but don't even come close to SE.

And please don't say that full J customers don't need SE benefits - just having what is left of IKK would make a big difference.
There is not one airline in the world that treats a full paid J or F pax better than their top tier pax sitting in the same cabin. You would be in a very small group flying full J without status on any airline. Why is the conceige that important to you? Being a paid J pax, if there is a problem with your flight, they will contact you directly. I did not use a conceige once this year, so you are not missing out on anything.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Tbh I don't know why they just don't scrap AQM and AQS altogether. They are an unnecessary metric to determine who your best customers are.
There is something about bum time in a seat.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:18 pm
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

What about 1.5 AQDs for premium cabins?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
There is something about bum time in a seat.
If I spend less bum time in a seat, won't I be using less of AC's resources (priority lines, MLL, etc.?). AC gets the same amount of revenue, but has to spend less to keep the high yield, low frequency flyer.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 4:22 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Not true in the least. AC wants the FF program to reward its most "profitable and loyal" customers (as reported by the FTers who met with the Bens and Andrew Yiu a while back). If someone flies AC only once in a year on a last-minute full J fare and they spend $15K, why on Earth would you waste FF benefits on that person? It's an unnecessary cost.

Having AQM and AQS thresholds in addition to a revenue threshold ensures that you're rewarding people who actually fly the airline frequently.

Originally Posted by BrotherBranwell

What exactly are you expecting? How much do you fly? Remember, AC wants to reward people who fly a lot, not just those who buy high-margin fares.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 4:37 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
You'd want to offer the benefits to them, they would never use them.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 4:42 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by RZR
No, there's no reason to offer them, because they might use them.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, O6*G, WS Gold
Originally Posted by RZR
They might use them when flying other *A airlines.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by adam.smith
No, there's no reason to offer them, because they might use them.
But in order to use them, the SE member would have to buy additional AC tickets. Thus more money for AC, which is what AC wants.

Thus you are conditioning SE benefits with money in AC's pocket...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.