Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Should we get 1.5 AQS for flying in Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should we get 1.5 AQS for flying in Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by adam.smith
I'm not sure how that was unclear. There's likely very little return on dollars AC spends on FF benefits for infrequent flyers who happen to buy a high-margin fare.
Are you saying AC would see very little return if, for example, they allowed true J fares to have access to Concierge and to get the meal they want?
The people who have the means and need for real J fares are the most coveted passengers for any airline - doesn't matter if they fly weekly or every full moon.
Passengers forking over upwards of $1,000/hour are passengers you better keep happy, cause there aren't many of them out there.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: Altitude Elite 50K, Skymiles, AAdvantage Gold, Aer Lingus
I'm writing something for a newspaper on a closely related subject right now, as it happens. Would anyone who regularly pays their own way on full-fare J be interested in talking briefly offline? PM me.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Absolute
This; otherwise someone could buy unlimited FP's and make SE100K on AQD without actually taking a single flight.

Wait... all that money for AC without needing to provide someone the benefits? Oops.
You already can make SE100K without taking a single flight. Some (or all? not sure) FP offer 10k status miles/month (I'm guessing that these status miles count as AC miles, meeting the AC metal threshold.) 120k per year = instant SE even if you never use the thing. Not sure WHY you'd do that, but it's certainly possible.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Are you saying AC would see very little return if, for example, they allowed true J fares to have access to Concierge and to get the meal they want?
The people who have the means and need for real J fares are the most coveted passengers for any airline - doesn't matter if they fly weekly or every full moon.
Passengers forking over upwards of $1,000/hour are passengers you better keep happy, cause there aren't many of them out there.
If you're flying full J on a "short" route like YYZ-LHR "every full moon", you fly enough for SE.

You're describing a frequent flyer.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Roadwork
I'm writing something for a newspaper on a closely related subject right now, as it happens. Would anyone who regularly pays their own way on full-fare J be interested in talking briefly offline? PM me.
A real airline allows premium cabin passengers to pre select their meals and even publish their menus on line.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Allvest
A real airline allows premium cabin passengers to pre select their meals and even publish their menus on line.
Ok. Is this where I should post my pre-order menus from the "other" airlines, or should we start a new thread?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BrotherBranwell
AC's treatment of those buying (non-discounted) J fares is a joke. Not even first choice of meals, largely shunned by concierges, no way of even contacting concierges by phone, limited miles, limited AQS etc etc

While I recognise that we are in the minority on this Board I'd think AC would treat its highest RASK customers better - but no. I'm one that has spent way more than $20K with AC some years but don't even come close to SE.

And please don't say that full J customers don't need SE benefits - just having what is left of IKK would make a big difference.
Data derived from their own statistics would probably indicate that the full J flyer who is not a SE is probably a rarity in real terms.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:35 pm

Well I'll admit I haven't flown many airlines' premium cabins on international flights, but AC/UA/LH do not do that.

Although I suspect were getting quite a bit off topic
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 24left
Ok. Is this where I should post my pre-order menus from the "other" airlines, or should we start a new thread?
I believe this is in the planning stages at AC and was test driven some time back in YUL.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Well I'll admit I haven't flown many airlines' premium cabins on international flights, but AC/UA/LH do not do that.

Although I suspect were getting quite a bit off topic
LH F shows their menu but doesn't allow a preordered meal. TG and SQ allow pre ordered meals as do a few other airlines.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
LH F shows their menu but doesn't allow a preordered meal.
When did AC get F cabins? Also, it is my understanding LH is reducing a lot of F cabins.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:48 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chovaz
You already can make SE100K without taking a single flight. Some (or all? not sure) FP offer 10k status miles/month (I'm guessing that these status miles count as AC miles, meeting the AC metal threshold.) 120k per year = instant SE even if you never use the thing. Not sure WHY you'd do that, but it's certainly possible.
Yep, that's the unlimited FP I mentioned
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:11 pm
Suspended

LH F shows their menu but doesn't allow a preordered meal. TG and SQ allow pre ordered meals as do a few other airlines.

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
When did AC get F cabins? Also, it is my understanding LH is reducing a lot of F cabins.
(bolding mine)

Are you confused or was that a typo?

1. Allvest wrote LH F.
2. It is irrelevant that LH or other carriers are reducing routes with F cabins. The topic of the posts above is pre-ordering meals
3. I recently pre-ordered (and received) meals on AA, BR and SQ
4. BA recently announced they are doing it

And so it goes.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
(bolding mine)

Are you confused or was that a typo?

1. Allvest wrote LH F.
2. It is irrelevant that LH or other carriers are reducing routes with F cabins. The topic of the posts above is pre-ordering meals
3. I recently pre-ordered (and received) meals on AA, BR and SQ
4. BA recently announced they are doing it

And so it goes.
I think the point is that it's irrelevant what LH F does, because we're talking about AC J. If LH J did it, it would be a valid comparison.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I think the point is that it's irrelevant what LH F does, because we're talking about AC J. If LH J did it, it would be a valid comparison.

What LH F does may be irrelevant to some, but I was responding to this specific post and also asked a question, which was not answered.

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Therefore, I chose to continue the sub-topic of pre-order meals that was mentioned by Allvest and Wpgjetse.

And the thread started to wanted a little earlier

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Are you saying AC would see very little return if, for example, they allowed true J fares to have access to Concierge and to get the meal they want?......
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.