Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YVR international maple leaf lounge

YVR international maple leaf lounge

Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
Has anyone had a mixed drink from the cocktail menu at the bar in this lounge?

I was in this lounge about a week ago,and asked for the cocktail that starts with the name Shanghai. The bartender said it would take a few minutes.

No problem. When I came back, there was no progress. The bartender then saw me and began to look for bottles of liquor on the shelf behind him. Then he looked at the cocktail menu with an expression of confusion. I asked him whether he’d ever mixed one of these drinks and he said no. That’s when I changed my order to red wine.
They need to fly the bartender in this video back out to YVR to provide training.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 24, 2020 at 12:36 pm
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:40 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skybluesea

well, Vancouver is a pretty rainy city, and so just go outside takeoff your hat off and you’re likely to get a shower anyway.

all kidding aside, how is it that YYZ has two international departure lounge and other major hubs have secondary offerings.?

maybe I should move to YYZ...
While I couldn’t get a cocktail in the Vancouver lounge, I did see showers there, and even saw somebody using them.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 5:09 am

While I couldn’t get a cocktail in the Vancouver lounge, I did see showers there, and even saw somebody using them.
there are two very nice showers. Infinitely nicer than the dirty mouldy smelly ones in the domestic lounge at YVR
shuuy likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold

Ahem!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Academic
Ahem!
Voyeur lounge
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had a cocktail at YVR international. And YUL international.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
I see the Ontario government in their budget proposes extending the hours of alcohol service to start at 9 a.m.. Good news for thirsty MLL and Signature Suite lounge patrons.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by mapleg
I see the Ontario government in their budget proposes extending the hours of alcohol service to start at 9 a.m.. Good news for thirsty MLL and Signature Suite lounge patrons.
1. This thread is about YVR.
2. MLL hours are standardized throughout the network, and are 11am even when the province allows early service. So I wouldn't assume one province making changes would result in much.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
1. This thread is about YVR.
2. MLL hours are standardized throughout the network, and are 11am even when the province allows early service. So I wouldn't assume one province making changes would result in much.
Oops..I clearly need to adjust my reading glasses.

Standardized hours for booze service "throughout the network"? Talk about party poopers.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 5:29 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by skybluesea
, how is it that YYZ has two international departure lounge and other major hubs have secondary offerings.?

maybe I should move to YYZ...
AC is trying to open a signature lounge in YVR, but currently there is no space for it. They were going to use the second floor level for a signature Lounge, but decided it would cause to many problem for them. I guess they should have never put in the stairs.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Fiordland
They need to fly the bartender in this video back out to YVR to provide training. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhWPVERoTig
IIRC, it was mentioned in another thread that she had moved on to another job not associated with AC/MLLs.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 5mm
AC is trying to open a signature lounge in YVR, but currently there is no space for it. They were going to use the second floor level for a signature Lounge, but decided it would cause to many problem for them. I guess they should have never put in the stairs.
Has anybody ever been upstairs at the YVR intl lounge? Upstairs has always been closed off whenever I've been in this lounge.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:01 am
5mm
Suspended

Has anybody ever been upstairs at the YVR intl lounge? Upstairs has always been closed off whenever I've been in this lounge.
Yes,

After they took it over from CX, they reno it and used it as a second lounge. Then AC used it as the main lounge when they did the reno’s on main floor lounge and put in the stairs. After, the Reno’s were completed on the main floor, they basically closed it and the plan was to make it a signature lounge. These plans are now cancelled.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 12:24 pm

They've had it open both recent times I've been there (Feb 2019). It's just an overflow area when downstairs gets full.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.