FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   What would you say to Ben Smith right now? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1727858-what-would-you-say-ben-smith-right-now.html)

FlyerTalker683455 Nov 29, 2015 6:21 pm

What would you say to Ben Smith right now?

Usually the buck stops with the boss. In terms of passenger operations, that's clearly Ben Smith.

AC is just a kaleidoscope of service deliveries ranging from outright fails to pretty great.

What would you say to Ben Smith if you sat next to him on a short flight. Complaint? Rage? Advice? Question? Commendation? Adoration? Anything really you could summarize in a two minute elevator pitch - from customer to the boss.

My question would be short and sweet. As in "Mr Smith, nice to meet you finally. Do you not think your fantasies are a little ahead of your team's ability to deliver back room and frontline services?"

djjaguar64 Nov 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Get with the Program or stop competing with the ME3!!

zorn Nov 29, 2015 6:28 pm

"How do deal with people who ask you when did you stop beating your wife style questions because they imagine they are far more important to AC than they really are?"

24left Nov 29, 2015 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Allvest (Post 25787773)
...AC is just a kaleidoscope of service deliveries ranging from outright fails to pretty great.......

Fantastic description. And colourful. And I agree.

Also, I'm not sure I'd ever use the word "adoration" in describing my relationship with the transportation and service business known as Air Canada......but ok, I'll let it percolate for a while......:D

CloudsBelow Nov 29, 2015 6:50 pm

I'd ask him Which fastfood restaurant he figures he'd be working in these days had he acted upon all the free advice/guidance from delusional AC FlyerTalkers

Originally Posted by zorn (Post 25787800)
"How do deal with people who ask you when did you stop beating your wife style questions because they imagine they are far more important to AC than they really are?"

Well played.
Hard to imagine why a successful Sr Exec wouldn't wanna stick around for that. Was great while we had him.

upgradesecret Nov 29, 2015 6:56 pm

"Do you ever bother to listen to the blowhards on FT"

24left Nov 29, 2015 7:08 pm

We all have a different interpretation of what "funny" is. Who are you to judge. :D

As for FT blowhards and others....BenS and Ben L and Andrew Y all once lived here on FT.

Anyway, if you can get past your personal views, Allvest asked a couple of questions that I've heard others speak about - what would they ask if they were designated worthy enough to be in the presence of Ben Smith to have the opportunity to ask him a question or share an opinion.

Either way, the only mistake Allvest made was assuming I see Ben Smith as my boss. But I'll let it go. This time. :D

acysb87 Nov 29, 2015 7:21 pm

"good day" "how you doing?" come to mind.:)

I would likely leave him alone, just like everyone else I sit next to.

canadiancow Nov 29, 2015 7:22 pm

Can I buy you a drink?

sokolov Nov 29, 2015 7:25 pm

More through fares with a connection in BOS, please.

pewpew Nov 29, 2015 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 25787982)
Either way, the only mistake Allvest made was assuming I see Ben Smith as my boss. But I'll let it go. This time. :D

What if Allvest is Ben Smith :eek::cool:

Sean Peever Nov 29, 2015 7:40 pm

I'd try to get him to say what the 2017 program will be.

superangrypenguin Nov 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by pewpew (Post 25788081)
What if Allvest is Ben Smith :eek::cool:

I lold so hard
:D

Adam Smith Nov 29, 2015 7:44 pm

1. Where the heck is the announcement about the 2016 Altitude program?

2. How do you see your relationship with Aimia/Aeroplan evolving as we near the expiry of the existing contract? [and I would have many follow-up questions to this]

3. AC's IT problems are ridiculous. Several FTers with knowledge of AC's IT systems have said that AC does not perform a major overhaul of its system because the upfront cost is too high. But has anyone at AC tried to do a full-cost analysis, incorporating how much of AC's staff's time is wasted due to outdated/inefficient systems, as well as quantifying the increased consumer satisfaction of, for example, not having to log in separately to ac.com, Altitude and eUpgrade systems?

Hello again Nov 29, 2015 7:45 pm

I would tell Ben Smith he has made some very good business decisions and ignored the whining class on all the travel blog sites. His job is to make money and i think he is being successful.