FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Hacking and/or Reporting on Problems with AQD : Your Ideas and Observations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1727661-hacking-reporting-problems-aqd-your-ideas-observations.html)

InTheAirGuy Nov 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Hacking and/or Reporting on Problems with AQD : Your Ideas and Observations

Given that we know that AC likely won't be able to implement the IT part of it, this thread should be a home for the complaints surrounding missed flights

-- $$$'s that would otherwise be AQD

--- arguments over $$$

---- foreign currency $$$

-- timing differences, tax debates

-- why is my Flex AQD not the same as your Tango and other AQD

--- and other mundane things

I figure this will be a good home for this thread.

This thread is probably not best for *rage*.

24left Nov 28, 2015 5:46 pm

Ah, the AQD thread. Good idea.

Do you have an ETA, for Air Canada, you know, like when you think they will even have proper and accurate tracking?

InTheAirGuy Nov 28, 2015 5:50 pm

AQD is valid for 2017?

The 1KK minimum was for 2016, and it is still not operative.

So, I figure 14 months from 'conceive the idea' to implementation.

This, in the era of Uber. LOL.

InTheAirGuy Nov 28, 2015 6:14 pm

http://simpliflying.com/2015/what-ca...on-from-wlcac/

24left Nov 28, 2015 9:47 pm

InTheAirGuy

I noticed this line in the FAQ section of AC's page introducing AQDs:

"If, after one week from having completed your flight, your AQD have not shown up in your account and you have not received your Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQM) for the flight in question, submit a retro-credit request via aeroplan.com. This will trigger crediting for both your AQM and AQD."

http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...e/updates.html

Should this (potentially) fun activity be added to your list?

(I mean we all know some folks have had much fun chasing down the missing miles in the current system, so......)

Diabeetus Nov 28, 2015 9:58 pm

@24left

Needing to chase down AQD to get credited?

This isn't going to end well.

martyYOW Nov 29, 2015 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Diabeetus (Post 25784606)
@24left

How is this any different from today if your AQM isn't credited?

skybluesea Nov 29, 2015 7:40 am

@24left

Agree, and is this not delegating to the customer the responsibility for correctly implementing the AC offer.

I learned long ago that delegating tasks to the wrong people will end up in disaster, and at a minimum getting fired (and fortunately I learned this lesson well before it got applied to me)

24left Nov 29, 2015 8:11 am

@24left

@Diabeetus
Many others have made that point in the main 2017 thread.

I was quoting the Air Canada FAQ page specifically to ask InTheAirGuy if he'd like to add this "little" item to his list.

Plus I think I made my point here:

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 25784580)
...(I mean we all know some folks have had much fun chasing down the missing miles in the current system, so......)

Originally Posted by martyYOW (Post 25785480)
How is this any different from today if your AQM isn't credited?

@martyYOW
It could be worse, it could be less worse.

The fact that Air Canada put this particular point in their FAQ tells me that:
1. it's a warning not to have big expectations
2. perhaps do a little shopping for body armour in advance of battle :D

Originally Posted by skybluesea (Post 25785560)
Agree, and is this not delegating to the customer the responsibility for correctly implementing the AC offer.....

@skybluesea
No point injecting reality here. We need to look at this as a grand adventure. :D

drvannostren Nov 29, 2015 12:36 pm

I think the first thing to do will be to keep RECEIPTS for every purchase in 2016. Even after it's posted, I'd probably just save them in a folder on the comp, no harm in that. I delete BPs once the miles have posted, but since this is new territory it might behoove you to keep them.

Diabeetus Nov 29, 2015 12:59 pm

@24left

Yup. As you said, we're potentially in for an interesting time unless AC gets their IT suddenly sorted out.

:D

KenHamer Nov 29, 2015 1:49 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by drvannostren
I think the first thing to do will be to keep RECEIPTS for every purchase in 2016. Even after it's posted, I'd probably just save them in a folder on the comp, no harm in that. I delete BPs once the miles have posted, but since this is new territory it might behoove you to keep them.

If AC wants this to work they should probably hire notaries for each gate to take sworn statements from the flight crew to prove that you were actually on board. If fact they should probably do it at both ends (and maybe on board as well) to prove you actually took the flight.

Do you get AQDs for tickets you bought, but did not fly?

InTheAirGuy Nov 29, 2015 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by KenHamer (Post 25786847)
[SIZE=1]If AC wants this to work they should probably hire notaries for each gate to take sworn statements from the flight crew to prove that you were actually on board.

LOL.

Old thread:

"I think this whole idea is stupid and will create unnecessary embrassment for customers. AC have 1-4 chances on checking whether you have the appropiate upgrade certs and was upgraded on appropiate fare BEFORE take off"

Oh, wait. Sorry.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/138025-post7.html

The whole thread is kind of fun. Back in the day.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...tml#post138025

Thank heavens the people that program the AC planes don't do the AC IT. Otherwise we'd all be falling out of the sky all the time!

FlyerTalker683455 Nov 29, 2015 5:14 pm

Flying with spouse/family

One way of hacking could be to purchase the high-J fare tickets eligible through Amex for a free companion ticket. In this case, I would get a full credit for the AQD, while my spouse/family member/colleague would get neither AQD nor AQM, which might be just fine.

PointWeasel Nov 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Allvest (Post 25787553)
One way of hacking could be to purchase the high-J fare tickets eligible through Amex for a free companion ticket. In this case, I would get a full credit for the AQD, while my spouse/family member/colleague would get neither AQD nor AQM, which might be just fine.

AC has enough of an IT challenege without throwing them curveballs situations. Even calculating of the straighforward AQD totals will be a total cluster^#&@.

And what about IROPS issues? They can't even handle it now at AE, and now throw them an AQD calculation retroactive request? How are they kidding.

For flights still missing from March 2015 due to IROPS, I am still waiting the the queue and the agent yesterday went silent when I asked why it takes this many months when the ORC request is with AC itself and not a Star Alliance member. Submit another "other request" on the website sir and that was about 52 mins on hold. Rupert et al must be proud of their achievements and AC just lets the game go on and on. And now add AQD to this mess?