FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Question: Business Class Flight Pass Promo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1727522-business-class-flight-pass-promo.html)

alexb7 Nov 27, 2015 7:09 pm

Business Class Flight Pass Promo

Do you think there will be an International Business Class Flight Pass Promo at the end of the year? I remember they had it a few years ago (sorry I stopped chasing status a few years ago but looks like I may be chasing next year).

Tax Dude Nov 28, 2015 1:06 am

I've been waiting for another World Traveller Pass offering before booking my winter travel. I think they've announced it in the first week of December for the past couple of years.

ACA321 Nov 28, 2015 8:31 am

Curious as to what it cost when they ran the promo...I am commuting NA-Europe monthly this coming year and this may be very handy. Have been traveling more on AA recently but would be willing to consider moving more business to AC if the price and terms are right...

Diabeetus Nov 28, 2015 9:30 am

Last year it came out Dec 4, 2014 and was available until Jan 11, 2015.

Booked into D class.

Valid for 6 months from the time of purchase.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/a...avel_pass.html

Diabeetus Nov 28, 2015 9:32 am

Just be very careful on this year's promo, as it may not be eligible for the new AQD.

FlyerGoldII Nov 28, 2015 10:19 am

I wonder if the pass and/or flights will earn AQDs? The FAQs of AQDs state that promotional flight passes do not earn AQDs.

Absolute Nov 28, 2015 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Tax Dude (Post 25781401)
I've been waiting for another World Traveller Pass offering before booking my winter travel. I think they've announced it in the first week of December for the past couple of years.

Fingers crossed it'll drop in price back to the 2013 one; last year was a huge increase that made it unappealing to me.

Diabeetus Nov 28, 2015 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII (Post 25782466)
I wonder if the pass and/or flights will earn AQDs? The FAQs of AQDs state that promotional flight passes do not earn AQDs.

It would not surprise me if they leave the advertising ambiguous. Then if you ask AC, they will give you mixed answers.

Then after the flight. No AQD.

King Chung Huang Nov 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Absolute (Post 25782609)
Fingers crossed it'll drop in price back to the 2013 one; last year was a huge increase that made it unappealing to me.

Same here. I bought the first one to Asia, but the prices were way too high last year. I'd buy another one if it's more like the 2013 one.

alexb7 Nov 28, 2015 3:56 pm

Did Asia include codeshares going to SIN and BKK?

Argonaut1000 Nov 28, 2015 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang (Post 25783524)
Same here. I bought the first one to Asia, but the prices were way too high last year. I'd buy another one if it's more like the 2013 one.

Noticing now that last years 2014 pass booked into D - with the P space drying up the pricing for D isn't that high.

alexb7 Dec 5, 2015 8:15 am

Fingers crossed this comes out next week at a reasonable price.

Absolute Dec 6, 2015 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by alexb7 (Post 25783638)
Did Asia include codeshares going to SIN and BKK?

No, from what I recall it was only for AC-operated flights. Mainly HKG, PVG, and NRT back then.

Tax Dude Dec 9, 2015 12:34 pm

Hoping they were waiting for the new Flight Pass website changes to roll out before this year's World Traveler Passes!

dirkster Dec 24, 2015 11:02 am

Sorry if answered elsewhere - is there any definitive answer if this flight pass, booked in D, will earn AQD??