Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Altitude 2016 program for 2017 status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Altitude 2016 program for 2017 status

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: EK-Skywards Gold / Delta Gold Medallion/E50K 1MM
I am now sitting st just over $21K in AQD, with 79K AQM AND 15AQS
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:58 am

Programs: SEMM
Originally Posted by AftOf245
I am now sitting st just over $21K in AQD, with 79K AQM AND 15AQS
I'm at 22% of my AQM and 31% of my AQD for my SE target. I guess the AQD won't be an issue for me this year at this pace.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: OnePass, Aeroplan
Surprise surprise!

2 weeks after the last flight of my trip my AQD have still not completely posted and look well on the way to being off. So predictable it was going to be a screwed up system that it is not even funny...

Sitting at 1600 out of a ticket with a value of 2200, all with AC flight numbers. Can't be taxes cause that represents roughly 20$ on that (little to no HST on flights; I know as I need to itemize this on expense reports).

Unless my India - Europe segment somehow had a value of 500$ (the website is reporting 400 for a YYZ-HKG segment) it looks like I will have to contest and claim the missing AQD.

Anybody have to go through this so far?

Predictably the ACIT incompetent continues to remain worldwide famous...

Max
Old Feb 22, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
AQDs are important for status - AC codeshare flights on other airlines?

With AQDs so important in maintaining status (esp for SE status), one must fly a lot on AC metal or take AC code-shared flights on other Star Alliance carriers' planes.

But does it always cost more or not - if one buys the AC code-shared flight versus on a ticket designated with that other airline? The increased cost would discourage some passengers to fly on that flight on an AC code-shared basis, if at the expense of earning AQDs.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:40 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
AC codeshares on UA flights to the US are always more expensive, in my experience. Sometimes multiples of the UA fares, especially low J fares.

A few people posted examples of AC codeshares on LH intra-Europe being vastly more expensive than buying the LH flights.

I did recently look at some flights in Asia where the AC codeshares of NH flights seemed the same price or cheaper.

But I think generally you should expect to pay a sizeable premium for AC codeshares.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by adam.smith
But I think generally you should expect to pay a sizeable premium for AC codeshares.
This is my rule of thumb, too. That being said, I saw earlier today that some ex-YUL TATL routes (e.g. to ZRH on LX or FRA on LH) are priced within a few dollars of the AC equivalents either direct or via YYZ.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
AQD question

Had to do a last minute change on my HNL-YVR flight and move my departure date to one day earlier (dummy me, miscued on my booking and just noticed it). Res changed my flight but I had to pay $200 change fee.
Just wondering will that extra $200 show up in my AQD since my total ticket price just increased?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by james dean
Had to do a last minute change on my HNL-YVR flight and move my departure date to one day earlier (dummy me, miscued on my booking and just noticed it). Res changed my flight but I had to pay $200 change fee.
Just wondering will that extra $200 show up in my AQD since my total ticket price just increased?
If that $200 is a change fee, I do not believe it will show up in AQD. If a portion of that is the increase in your actual ticket price, that will show up.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:46 am

From FAQ on AQD
At this time, only ticket purchases (base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges) and eUpgrade Add-ons will earn AQD. Any other purchases, including those listed above, as well as Last-Minute Paid Upgrades, Preferred seats and Air Canada Café, will not count towards your AQD balance. Furthermore, government-imposed taxes, fees and surcharges will not count towards your AQD balance.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xLuther
From FAQ on AQD
At this time, only ticket purchases (base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges) and eUpgrade Add-ons will earn AQD. Any other purchases, including those listed above, as well as Last-Minute Paid Upgrades, Preferred seats and Air Canada Café, will not count towards your AQD balance. Furthermore, government-imposed taxes, fees and surcharges will not count towards your AQD balance.
I read that as "taxes, fees and surcharges that are government-imposed will not count".

The relevant part would be the preceding sentence that says "Any other purchases ... will not count".
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I read that as "taxes, fees and surcharges that are government-imposed will not count".

The relevant part would be the preceding sentence that says "Any other purchases ... will not count".
Based on the sentence and proper use of commas, I'm going with the exclusions are separate items of a list.

Furthermore, government-imposed taxes, fees and surcharges will not count towards your AQD balance.

But hey an argument about the proper use of commas, along with the use of 'and', 'or' etc could be worth 30-40 posts.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by xLuther
Based on the sentence and proper use of commas, I'm going with the exclusions are separate items of a list.

Furthermore, government-imposed taxes, fees and surcharges will not count towards your AQD balance.

But hey an argument about the proper use of commas, along with the use of 'and', 'or' etc could be worth 30-40 posts.
haha, great response...that's worth the price of admission in and of itself!!!
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Absolutely amazing.

I need a quick hop MSP-YOW for next week - for the same flights (MSP-YYZ on UA, YYZ-YOW on AC), AC wants nearly twice as much as UA.

I'll actually earn more miles on the UA ticket, just no AQD.

Remind me again how this system is supposed to incentivize us to spend with AC?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by yvrgary
Absolutely amazing.

I need a quick hop MSP-YOW for next week - for the same flights (MSP-YYZ on UA, YYZ-YOW on AC), AC wants nearly twice as much as UA.

It's not. It's designed to make people realize how much they were ripped off before.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by yvrgary
Absolutely amazing.

Oh, hey, turns out if I use Kayak to direct me to AC's American site, the exact same tickets are 40% cheaper than if I buy them through the Canadian site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.