Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Altitude 2016 program for 2017 status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Altitude 2016 program for 2017 status

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Exactly my point.

So it's 8xFP/6 x 75%

I look forward to seeing the Alltitude Wheel figure out this math, and the complaints that will follow on AQD.

Remember, we are talking about IBM doing math here. LOL.
I really hope they can handle +-*/......

If not, AC, I can code that .... in half a day, for 90% less than what you are paying IBM.

Hit me up. I promise I'll show you a good time.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I really hope they can handle +-*/......

If not, AC, I can code that .... in half a day, for 90% less than what you are paying IBM.

Hit me up. I promise I'll show you a good time.
I'll do 91% less than what they are paying IBM :P (I'll still probably walk away with 50k for the afternoon)
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: status-free
Originally Posted by BlueMilk
...does anyone here have better than 100,000 AC metal BIS AQM (or 95 AC metal AQS) and not spend $20,000?
I know it's possible. I just don't know who's doing this in practice.
I made SE on 132 segments this year, 128 on AC, at about $7600 spend. As I said somewhere upthread, they could have fired me for a lot less than $20K.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by biglinguist
I made SE on 132 segments this year, 128 on AC, at about $7600 spend. As I said somewhere upthread, they could have fired me for a lot less than $20K.
As a point of comparison, I've got E50 (and only thanks to the lower re-qualification benefit) for just less than twice that spend.

I totally get the logic behind the AQD and much like SparseFlyer, I don't think the thresholds are ridiculous or unreasonable. That being said, I've already gone on record with my opinion that the AC / 014 / codeshare-only nature of the AQD accrual is overly complicated, ambiguous and inherently unfair to AC's customers.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by biglinguist
So you paid an average of $59.38 per AC segment flown this year? Hmmmm!!!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
I'm wondering how codeshares on non *A airlines on 014 tickets will be treated. On AC tickets to BKK the TG codeshares have disappeared and there are Cathay codeshares that do not earn Altitude or AE points, will they now earn ADQ? They are AC codeshares... If so *A is diminished if not the 014 ticket codeshares will be even more restricted. Will it mean ADQ on only *A codeshares?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by folkart
I'm wondering how codeshares on non *A airlines on 014 tickets will be treated. On AC tickets to BKK the TG codeshares have disappeared and there are Cathay codeshares that do not earn Altitude or AE points, will they now earn ADQ? They are AC codeshares... If so *A is diminished if not the 014 ticket codeshares will be even more restricted. Will it mean ADQ on only *A codeshares?
that is pretty clear in Q&A, code share operated by *A only count of ADQ
Codeshare flights marketed by Air Canada and operated by Star AllianceTM partner airlines ticketed on Air Canada ticket stock (ticket numbers beginning with “014”).
The new program is buy tickets from AC, and only AC and *A flights will count towards ADQ
Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by folkart
I don't think that is codeshare. That is typically interline
i.e. AC 7 L YVRHKG
CX751 M (+2 days) HKGBKK
(this prices as one fare component)
(as well, I would prefer to connect, in the meantime, while this is an option, in Japan to get the 763 instead of the 77P.)
Equally, I can still book
AC 221 L YVRYYC
AC 9 L YYCNRT +1
TG 677 V NRTBKK
pricing as one fare component.

Originally Posted by D582
On a purely domestic AC itinerary, an AC member will earn AQDs. A UA member flying the same itinerary can also earn PQDs if they book the same AC flights through UA.
OK, can you get UA to sell me YVRYYZ v.v.?
They will not ticket this as there are no UA flights, thus, UA cannot be plating carrier!

Last edited by AA_EXP09; Nov 28, 2015 at 9:57 pm
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Originally Posted by xLuther
that is pretty clear in Q&A, code share operated by *A only count of ADQ

The new program is buy tickets from AC, and only AC and *A flights will count towards ADQ
You are right. I should read the details more carefully, I'm sure it will still lead to some confusion as there are 014 tickets (one PRN) with segments which are non *A. Its frustrating that sometimes *A flights are not available on AC site while non *A options are offered.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09

They will not ticket this as there are no UA flights, thus, UA cannot be plating carrier!
Yes. They will. On their own website. Please try it out.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:29 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy

The funny/sad thing is that we know that Ben/Ben x2 read this forum, and I would hope that they know how bad the reality is of a) what they want to try to do vs. b) what they hope to do.

Rather than hide from customers, they might try again to seek the insight from this board.

This has very often been a point of contention for me on this board. This board represents a tiny microcosm of the total market that is disconnected to most flyers' realty.

Any insight accumulated here needs to be corroborated by other large customer groups before it has any value.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 2:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PLeblond
This has very often been a point of contention for me on this board. This board represents a tiny microcosm of the total market that is disconnected to most flyers' realty.

Any insight accumulated here needs to be corroborated by other large customer groups before it has any value.
Indeed as stated by the official AC representative here, a 0.000001% seat cheapening minority.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 2:30 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Allvest
Indeed as stated by the official AC representative here, a 0.000001% seat cheapening minority.
That one still bugging you I gather?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 3:46 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Dorian
Totally forgot this thing even existed!!
I remember Destina.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 3:52 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09

Of course just because US carriers can do it doesn't mean that AC execs even understand the concept.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.